Any motorcycle riders?

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by pvtbanks, May 12, 2016.

1. Hammer8

Hammer8 Well-Known Member

A true loss to the motorcycle world. I had the opportunity to speak with the man more than once at Daytona Bike Week. He was a true gentleman.

Puma and brit like this.
  2. brit

brit in a box

very cool...

3. FatherofSquirrel

FatherofSquirrel A right jolly old elf

Oh I wish.
    I was riding, but in 2016 a guy I worked with got killed when a truck turned in front of him.
    A month later one of my best friends hit a car that turned in front of him and was in a coma for 3 days, had multiple skull fractures, etc.
    At this point my wife, who was never a fan, told me I was done.
    As much as it hurt, I sold the bike and quit riding.

SWMBO right?

I still die a little inside this time every year when it starts warming up.

Hembree and brit like this.
  4. RonT

RonT Member

Rode for a few years, started in 1958, stopped a couple years ago. It was time.
    Cheers,
    R[​IMG]

[​IMG]

TestDepth, lightcs1776, brit and 3 others like this.
  5. Puma

Puma Well-Known Member

DSCN2695.JPG

A level 10 spring day.

Eeyore, Dave in KY, brit and 4 others like this.
  6. brit

brit in a box

7. Dave in KY

Dave in KY On second thought, Buttercup

THREAD RESURRECTION !!

I'm 56 and rode since my 1st bike at 16. Been @4 years now being bikeless which I gave up for personal family reasons (Not finances) Not a day goes by that I don't miss my 2 wheel therapy. I rode ALL the time but my favorite times were 10 day rides with covering the US of A at @3,500 miles per trip. Here's a pic of my last 2 rides both of which were the best bikes I had owned (I owned a bunch of different ones) And yes, that's a car tire on the rear........NO flaming death experienced for thousands of miles :) The last pic is the day my Baby left me. Guy from the Valkyrie Forum came down from Ohio to take her away along with all the boxes of extra parts/accessories I had accumulated................

1220141355.jpg Bike Avatar.jpg 0306161617.jpg 0424161335b.jpg 0424161335 (1).jpg 0513161421a.jpg

Last edited: Dec 12, 2020
    Eeyore, b1hart, Aztecmike and 3 others like this.
  8. lightcs1776

lightcs1776 Well-Known Member

Beautiful ride. I miss riding as well, but I sure don't miss the, admittedly few, drivers who aren't watching for motorcycles.

Chris - enjoying learning, whatever the subject

Eeyore and Dave in KY like this.
  9. Dave in KY

Ride like they're out to kill you..........................................they are ;)

clint64 and lightcs1776 like this.
  10. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Yes they are out to kill you.

My current ride.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eeyore, b1hart, AlDm and 3 others like this.
  11. Dave in KY

Impressive :smiley respect:
    My back and shoulder never could handle the position. I did have a Kawasaki Concourse for awhile to try but was a no go. Nice bike Clint :signs021:

clint64 likes this.
  12. Dave in KY

Looks like the Blueridge or Skyline Drive.....

clint64 likes this.
  13. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

It is like riding a big giant dirt bike David. The bars and seat are custom setup for me. That photo was from a trip my buddy and I made to Arkansas. That was a very nice 10 day trip. This is my first none sport bike in years. Traveling on those did kill my neck and back.

Edison Carter and Dave in KY like this.
  14. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Arkansas is a great place to ride with lovely scenery and fantastic roads. Of course we are blessed with the same in N GA, TN & KY.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eeyore, Edison Carter, AlDm and 2 others like this.
  15. Dave in KY

@clint64 I need to get all my pics off an external hard drive of my trips so I can post. Using a chromebook now and trouble getting to them.........NICE pics. Did the ferry across Mobile Bay on a trip once :happy088:

clint64 likes this.
  16. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

That is cool. My first an only ferry ride on a bike. I used to ride almost every weekend but I have not been riding much in the last 18 months or so. It is coming to the point that I need to ride again or sell the bike and the gear.

Edison Carter and Dave in KY like this.
  17. lightcs1776

Yes, they certainly are. I rode a while after being run off a highway and ditching the bike. It was hard to get over it. It took a lot of the joy out of riding, especially after slamming into the ground after slowing down from 60 mph. I think about getting another bike from time to time, but who knows, it may never happen.

Chris - enjoying learning, whatever the subject

18. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

I met one of those <censored> yesterday. Fortunately I have developed a "sixth sense" after over twenty five years of riding. But some people don't seem to have any clue there's a world outside of their windscreen!

Aztecmike and lightcs1776 like this.
  19. lightcs1776

Glad it turned out well. Keep your head on a swivel and the wheels on the road.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

20. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

Been riding for 30+ years, albeit not too many miles in the last few years & it sure seems like people are driving a lot more recklessly since the pandemic. It could be I'm just getting old and cranky too. ;) Stay safe out there & keep the shiney side up. :)

lightcs1776 and Eeyore like this.