Any motorcycle riders?

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by pvtbanks, May 12, 2016.

1. Marverel

Marverel Well-Known Member

Thank you

It's a XL 600 V "Transalp", a 600cc V-twin. Over here in Europe it sold very well and it was (and still is) famous for its reliability. Honda introduced the Transalp in 1986, the 600cc model was in production until 1999, then it was replaced by a 650cc and in 2008 by a 700cc version.

I read somewhere that Honda sold a US model, but it wasn't particularly successful on the other side of the Atlantic. They only sold it in the States in 1989 and 1990.

My "new" bike is actually 20 years old. 18000 miles, no bumps or bruises and almost no rust :happy088:

RyX, clint64 and Spyder like this.
  2. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

Was warm enough yesterday (70 deg) to take the Spydee out for a spin:)

WP_20140822_005.jpg

Terry, ninjack, macaronus and 5 others like this.
  3. lightcs1776

lightcs1776 Well-Known Member

The one thing I really wish we had done ... gone to the metric system. Nice bike.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

RyX and clint64 like this.
  4. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

Never was a rider. Plus after 29 years of scraping you guys off the pavement when a four wheel jockey did something stooopid I never had the urge. But bikes sure are pretty though.:transport016:

5. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

The last time I rode a motorcycle was in 1981, I used the front break a little more than I should have and went over the handlebars and landed on a bed of flowers.
    Not nice.
    But. I do have a 49cc pocket bike in my backyard right now, it belongs to my youngest son (26) I think he wants it for my grandson?.
    IMG_20170412_161411.jpg

ninjack, RyX, clint64 and 1 other person like this.
  6. RetLEO-07

At least you came up smelling like a rose Kerry :)

ninjack, clint64 and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  7. RaZorBurn123

Indeed, it could have been much worse, no helmet, shorts on, tee-shirt, 19 years stupid.

Spyder, RyX and clint64 like this.
  8. RaZorBurn123

Now this is more my speed, I could actually see myself on one.

Spyder and clint64 like this.
  9. RetLEO-07

Ah, the "I'm 19 and bulletproof " syndrome. I knew it well. ;)

Spyder, RyX, clint64 and 1 other person like this.
  10. RaZorBurn123

Strangely I'm paying for it now at almost 55.

11. RetLEO-07

I hear that.

12. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

several years ago a semi thought it would be a good idea to back up on the street. I just happened to be behind him:(. Needless to say I couldn't back pedal fast enough, so I bailed off at the last second and watched as he continued to back over my bike. I swore after that : my next bike would have reverse:)

13. lightcs1776

lightcs1776 Well-Known Member

The picture of that event makes me cringe. Glad you were able to get out of the way, even though your bike didn't make it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

clint64, RaZorBurn123 and Spyder like this.
  14. RaZorBurn123

Wow. I'm glad you jumped off. I agree with you, reverse, comfort, and the style of the Spyder is sweet.

clint64 likes this.
  15. Morman Bridge

Morman Bridge Well-Known Member

Hey everyone, I hope everybody had as good a day yesterday as I did. I had a fantastic Easter dinner and had a great visit with my adopted step-family on Easter Sunday. Up until yesterday, I had not ridden my Phantom for about three weeks. My health is such that I have to be really feeling good, and be well oxygenated to attempt to ride. Yesterday was such a day. I tooled around town for about an hour and really enjoyed it. I always loved motorcycles, and yesterday was a prime example why. I had a blast, even though I'm gravely Ill. I did have to take my portable oxygen tank with me. But I have to do that no matter where I go or whatever I do. At any rate, it was a great holiday for me! Anyone else get in a ride yesterday?[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CarlfromMO, Puma, ninjack and 2 others like this.
  16. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

I'm so glad that your health was good enough to allow a ride. A good ride always improves my mental health. I sincerely hope you are able to ride again shortly.

17. Morman Bridge

ThankYou Clint! I'm hoping to get a few rides in this year.

18. Morman Bridge

Hello all, it was a nice warm 75 degrees Fahrenheit here in the heartland today. The warmth of the day permeated my sore old body, and invigorated me enough to get a solid hour of riding time in today! I drove out to south Omaha to visit a favorite coffee house, and then I made another run back north to NP Dodge park on the Missouri River.

South Omaha-
    [​IMG]

NP Dodge Park-
    [​IMG]

I had a really enjoyable ride. Ride hard die free everyone!

19. Marverel

Marverel Well-Known Member

Nice ride - I envy you :happy088:

2 weeks of really bad weather over here - just as I bought the bike, temperature dropped from around 70 to 40 F, with rain almost every day. Even some hail yesterday :eek:

20. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel