Any motorcycle riders?

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by pvtbanks, May 12, 2016.

1. Morman Bridge

Morman Bridge Well-Known Member

Thanks guys!

2. Morman Bridge

It's supposed to get up to 68 degrees Fahrenheit today. It's been cold and rainy for a week or so. I'm not a hundred percent, but I want to get in a ride today. Anyone else riding today?

3. mikewood

mikewood Well-Known Member

I have been out of the cycle world for about 20 years. Had a bike for 5 years and dirt bikes, quads and trikes before that. A buddy of mine offered me his Suzuki C90 and I am going to get back into riding in a couple weeks.
    Here is a stock photo and his is stock less some custom pipes.
    [​IMG]

I am planning to really work this bike over and bob it out. Right now its a full dress with bags all the trimmings so it will be quite a change. I am thinking more like this...
    [​IMG]

Lots of opportunity...

Puma, ninjack, Spyder and 1 other person like this.
  4. bscarpenter

bscarpenter Well-Known Member

Looks like a fun project.

5. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

I had the older version, the LC 1500 for 6 years . Big and comfortable. I had it all tricked out; then a semi backed over me. :eek:

6. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

Ouch! Hurts just thinkin' about it!

7. Morman Bridge

Hi everybody, good afternoon. I finally took another ride on my Phantom today. I made a run through the local park on the river, then a short run through the Ponca Hills here near where I live. Ponca Hills are in the bluffs over here on the west side of the Missouri River at Omaha. These hills were sacred ground 200 years ago. Many of the native tribesmen came here to hunt, fish, talk peace, or make war. They called this area the Council Bluffs back then, but when Lewis and Clark came through here they named the bluffs across the river Council Bluffs. And that is what the city is called over there. But Ponca Hills is really the original Council Bluffs. But enough about that. I had a nice ride, but it winded me. [​IMG]
    Have a great day all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Puma, RetLEO-07, lightcs1776 and 4 others like this.
  8. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Sounds like a wonderful spot for a ride.

Spyder likes this.
  9. dustmite

dustmite Well-Known Member

I sold my bike over 10 years ago, and have regretted it ever since... I'm hoping to get back on two wheels in 2019.

Spyder likes this.
  10. David W650

David W650 Active Member

Just curious, why do you like small bikes.

By the way, I sat on a SR400 at a local dealer recently. Reminded me of my 2001 Kawasaki W650.

Seems like a fun scoot for city and backroad riding.

11. David W650

David W650 Active Member

Haven't been riding in over 5 years and I do miss it a lot. Had a sweet 2001 Kawasaki W650 retro.

I'm setting a goal of getting back in the saddle in 2018.

Riding was the best fun I've ever had with my pants on!

12. DDuckyMark

DDuckyMark Ducky Duck and the Hiding Bunch

Weight and balance mostly. They just feel right. Narrow enough to not cramp my hips on long rides, light enough to load into a trick easily and to pick up if it's dropped.

Eeyore and Paul6506 like this.
  13. DDuckyMark

DDuckyMark Ducky Duck and the Hiding Bunch

I just picked up a 1985 Honda Shadow vt700c on Friday. It needs some wrenching before I can ride it. Worth it for $350.

bike 6.jpg bike 4.jpg

clint64, ninjack and lightcs1776 like this.
  14. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

There is a good reason why small bikes are so popular in European cities. Just try to get through Amsterdam on a GoldWing

ninjack likes this.
  15. Puma

Puma Well-Known Member

I've been riding forever, but legally for about fifteen years. Current bike HD Low Rider set up to RIDE. Previous rides: Honda 750 Shadow, Honda VTX 1300, Kawasaki Vulcan 1600, HD Heritage, HD CVO Road King. Sorry about the quality of the pics. I couldn't locate the good ones taken out in front of lakes, cornfields, and covered bridges.
    DSCN0644.JPG DSCN0866.JPG

Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
    lightcs1776 and ninjack like this.
  16. Puma

Puma Well-Known Member

Nice. My Pop rides the first year Shadow 1983, 500 cc.

17. Puma

Puma Well-Known Member

100th anniversary. Nice.

18. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

Yup - still have it. Runs good, looks good, and its paid for.

19. Morman Bridge

Hi all, I don't know what to think. The last time I rode my Phantom, I was so worn out and winded when I finished the ride, I thought my lung disease had progressed beyond the point of no return. I didn't think I would ever ride again. But today's nice weather, and a positive outlook, got me back in the saddle again. (That and a nebulizer treatment and a fresh bottle of O2).
    I rode for 20 minutes, through the Ponca Hills area. I stopped for a photo at Hummel Park.

[​IMG]

I'm happy I was able to ride today. Wish me luck on my next run. Thanks !

20. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Great news that you were able to get out and enjoy a ride Alan. Good luck and I hope you are able to take another ride soon.