Any Myrsol after shave users here?

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by Darkbulb, Dec 28, 2014.

1. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

I just got two samples of Myrsol (the blue and another one) and can't wait to try them out tomorrow morning.
    Myrsol is pretty big in Spain and I'm curious if there are any fans of the brand here.

[​IMG]

crackstar and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  2. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

It's one I've wanted to order, but haven't tried.

Bama Samurai and Darkbulb like this.
  3. RABIDMONKEY

RABIDMONKEY Active Member

I have the mega glass bottle on the Myrsol Balsamic love the stuff

Bama Samurai and Darkbulb like this.
  4. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Thanks, I got some generous, free samples so really stoked about trying them out tomorrow.
    It's one of those brands I've always heard of...but never seen in people's SOTD photos for some reason :)

Bama Samurai and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  5. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I would really like to buy a bottle, but it's rather expensive. Maybe that'll be my next purchase in a couple of months. Let me know how it was.

6. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

It has that "Awesome Cheap AS" look to the package. If I pass it on a store shelf, I will buy it on looks alone. Hopefully it would be awesome cheap AS in performance too. I too have noticed it's a bit expensive to be Cheap AS. I think I have seen a couple of SR guys use it on SOTD sometimes. I am curious.

chrisf8657 likes this.
  7. macintoshBR

macintoshBR Active Member

Here are my thoughts on Myrsol products (I currently own 6 of them):

EmulsiĆ³n: great pre and post shave balm, has a very nice menthol kick and leaves your skin feeling smooth and fresh. I love it! However, it does contain parabens, so beware.

Agua Balsamica: my favorite AS splash of the line. It has a subtle, clean, medicinal scent and very nice healing properties. I would definitely buy it again.

Antesol: also one of my favorites, especially for warm days given its citrus scent. It contains allantoin which gives you a nice post shave feeling

Plastic shave: First thought that comes to mind when you use it: WHAT A DISGUSTING SCENT! It gave me nauseas in the first few days, but it suddenly starts to grow on you. Fortunately, the scent fades away very quickly. I enjoy the post shave feel and the "plastic" effect. I recommend it if you can hold your breath for 20-30 seconds after applying it.

Blue / F-extra: both have the same ingredients, just different colors and scents. Although they are nice, I usually purchase AS splashes for their healing properties and these two are not as good as the others (I mean, they are very good, but not on par with the others). I won't be replacing them.

There is a Spanish website selling 200ml plastic bottles of Myrsol which is more convenient than buying from US vendors if you play a little with the quantities and the shipping costs

Tedolph, Darkbulb and crackstar like this.
  8. 782sirbrian

782sirbrian Well-Known Member

I use Myrsol regularly in my shaves see my older SOTD photo's, I rotate through 4 scents and have another 3 in my stock waiting to make an appearance.
    I love the stuff :eatdrink047:

Darkbulb likes this.
  9. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

Myrsol rocks. I have a full bottle of Emulsion and samples of F, Blue, C, Antesol, Metilsol, and Agua Basalmica.

Emulsion and F are my favorites. For me, Emulsion has ultimate soothing properties. If I ever have a rough shave, this stuff makes everything better within a half hour.

F smells amazing. It also does a great job of toning my skin. It doesn't burn, even if I have weepers.

I also love the bottle style. It is a very unique style and allows you to handle the bottle with wet hands and not ruin the label. There is nothing cheap about this stuff. Packaging or content. Well worth the cost IMO.

Darkbulb and crackstar like this.
  10. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Would you happen to remember the site/url?

11. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

I believe he's talking about Gifts and Care.

KLF, Bama Samurai and Darkbulb like this.
  12. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

That site is dangerous....SO many great products there...ugh....

Bama Samurai likes this.
  13. Bama Samurai

I am so curious about Plastic Shave...

14. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout The Smart Bunny

Aqua Balsamica and Plastic Shave are in my den.

Love 'em!

Bama Samurai likes this.
  15. Kilgore Trout

Here is my review:

Another great performer by Myrsol. Leaves the skin feeling great. More of a 'tonic' than a simple splash. The fragrance is intriguing. Imagine a pristine and freshly printed TV Guide, resting atop a warm black and white TV broadcasting The CBS Evening News with Walter Cronkite. On your end table, beside your EZ chair, is a box of Smith Brothers Wild Cherry Cough Drops. This is Myrsol PlasticShave.

Rufus T., Bama Samurai and Darkbulb like this.
  16. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Just found out that the two samples I have are;
    - Blue, and
    - Aqua Balsamica

Really looking forward to trying one of them out today :)

17. Bama Samurai

Your review provides a vivid glimpse. Now on must try list...

Darkbulb and Kilgore Trout like this.
  18. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

So I was gifted two Myrsol samples yesterday by a fellow wetshaver that I met up with in San Francisco.
    [​IMG]

This morning I tried out the Agua Balsamica and even though the jury is still out on the scent the effect on my skin was absolutely sensational.
    There was a bit of a burn for a few seconds but not overly strong at all, actually rather pleasant (and that from someone who is a wuss when it comes to alcohol-based after shaves).

It's been over an hour now since I used it and;
    a) the scent still lingers a bit (and I think it's growing on me) but more importantly,
    b) I keep touching my face - the tightening and overall feeling of smoothness and well moisturized skin is truly amazing.

If you're interested in one of their products here is a chart (the numbers represent in what order they were listed on the bottle) I found online that may be helpful in finding out the differences between them and narrowing it down to what might suit you the most.

This, is a top-shelf product.

Can't wait to try out Blue.

I love the reviews made over at ThePleasureOfShaving - makes me want to buy Emulsion and Blue just reading them and seeing the photos :D

Rufus T. likes this.
  19. Kilgore Trout

Aqua Balsamica smells like turkey stuffing. But in a good way.

Rufus T. likes this.
  20. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

I keep going to to smelling it...it's a mix of medicine and herbs to me. Not bad at all - just not a scent I'm used to. I find it intriguing.