Any Myrsol after shave users here?

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by Darkbulb, Dec 28, 2014.

1. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout The Smart Bunny

I find it, like many Myrsol products, a departure from conventional scents, making it difficult to pin down. No dispute on performance. Over time the fragrance and you will come to an understanding.

Bama Samurai likes this.
  2. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

I have this suspicion that those two free samples I got will end up costing me a small fortune. This is some amazing stuff.

Bama Samurai likes this.
  3. Kilgore Trout

That juice ain't cheap, but has a terrific dispenser. Lasts awhile. Comes in a classy vintage type glass bottle.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2014
  4. macintoshBR

macintoshBR Active Member

/\ this

Ryan B likes this.
  5. GSlim66

GSlim66 Well-Known Member

Ive never tried it but bottle sure is cool.

6. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

Interesting. That's what my exact reaction was to the Barbon aftershave when I put it on. I wonder if they are similar scents.

Bama Samurai likes this.
  7. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

I'm not very good at describing scents but I've read that a lot of people pick up on Thyme and Lavender when it comes to this a/s

Bama Samurai and Mr. Shaverman like this.
  8. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

I think it's on my list as well now...

I love the review of Plastic by the crazy doctor over at pleasureofshaving :D

"Plastic Shave. This is absolutely stunning! Look, it was not love at first sight. The first few times I used it, I was not felt in love with the aroma. Kind of odd. Sometimes it seemed very artificial. Sometimes a mixture of roses and talc. Old smell. But gradually it has become a “must”. I can not live without it. It is the only one with lactic acid. It gives to me a silky smooth face, or at least what I think. It is named Plastic because it has keratoplastic effect (someone can explain it, please) but it was not convenient or they not let Mr Miquel putting that word in a cosmetic, it was reserved for the pharmacopoeia. By that, he named it Plastic. It says that neutralizes bites of mosquitoes and other diptera, oh! For going to the jungle! Tarzan uses it!

This product is the second product made by Mr Miquel in the early 40s. He made it for his personal use. Mr. Miquel has an extraordinary face skin. All his life shaving with the Emulsion, without shaving soap, and using Plastic Shave. And you can see him, 94 years old and going dance twice a week, he still drives his car, and the ladies usually comment about his face skin in the ballroom. It will be his secret to youth? If so I’m going to drink one cup every night, before going to sleep, ha, ha. Please do not drink it, my friends. Just kidding!"

Kilgore Trout and Bama Samurai like this.
  9. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

10. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Bama Samurai likes this.
  11. Bama Samurai

I had the same reaction to both Figaro and Barbon. Is ASAD a thing?

Mr. Shaverman likes this.
  12. KLF

KLF Doctorin

Any idea if Myrsol is widely available in Spain? I have somebody who travels to Spain in a few weeks.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2014
    Bama Samurai likes this.
  13. Kilgore Trout

A few friends of mine visited the Store front in Barcelona. The say this is the best bet to pick up quantities and variety.

Address: Carrer de Granollers, 44, 08032 Barcelona, Spain
    Phone:+34 934 29 56 4

Bama Samurai likes this.
  14. KLF

KLF Doctorin

Thanks, I'll ask him if he will be in Barcelona

Bama Samurai likes this.
  15. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Every time I see the product name, I either think of Midol or Lysol….both regrettable associations.

16. Bama Samurai

Depends on what kinda day you're having I guess...;)

17. Kilgore Trout

:happy097:

18. GSlim66

GSlim66 Well-Known Member

Any ideas on where to find an empty myrisol bottle. Love the shape of that bottle it's very retro.

19. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

You might get lucky if you post in the Want to buy section. An empty bottle is a pretty difficult item to come by.

20. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Used the Myrsol Blue sample today and it was equally as amazing as the Agua Balsmaica. A short mentholated freeze - but not a lasting one, which I like, and then the same incredible skin feel.

I know that in 2015 I will be buying some Myrsol - I just need to figure out which one(s) now...

Great stuff!

[​IMG]

Rufus T. and KnockOut Shave like this.