Any Pocket Knife Folks Here?

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Redrock, Apr 8, 2016.

1. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

This one is easy to open holds a nice edge and really didn't cost so much $18.00. Almost like a switch blade but way more durable.

GatorJoe likes this.
  2. DDuckyMark

DDuckyMark Ducky Duck and the Hiding Bunch

I have never had any luck keeping up with the chive. I loved it but lost it. I've kept up with my leeks much better. I have one that is chipped and is missing half its screws and another one that is still pretty.

RyX and GatorJoe like this.
  3. waffen

waffen Well-Known Member

Lost a favorite knife once but it came back to me 2 years later, found it in the garden

GatorJoe and battle.munky like this.
  4. aelfred.t.allspa

aelfred.t.allspa Well-Known Member

I'm patiently awaiting the day that I can give my two nephews a sak farmer. I want them to learn knife safety before 12. However, I have to get my stepdads approval before I can. And that's a little tough

Sent from my ASUS ZenFone 2E using Tapatalk

RyX likes this.
  5. Paul6506

Paul6506 Well-Known Member

If you go to Kershaws website and find their "contact us" link and tell them what knife model you have and what screws you need they will promptly send you out new ones at no cost......trust me.

Redfisher likes this.
  6. GatorJoe

GatorJoe Well-Known Member

I've found my Dragonfly in my dryer several times. Only lost for a day or so.

7. DDuckyMark

DDuckyMark Ducky Duck and the Hiding Bunch

The blade is too bad to worry about it. I have managed to break off all the serrations and the tip 1/4 inch. Its also damaged in such a way that they won't do it for free. I have a pretty gunmetal replacement with no serrations.

8. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Took my small stockman Old Timer to church this morning.
    Slipped my Queen Cutlery gunstock jack into my jeans this afternoon.

wristwatchb and GatorJoe like this.
  9. mikewood

mikewood Well-Known Member

I lost a spyderco cricket a few years ago. I had it less than a month but still miss it. spyderco knives have a bad habit of catching on my seatbelt and falling out ion the ground.

10. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

I have a couple of pocket knives, and have had a pocket knife since the age of seven. I have carried a Benchmade Osborne 940 for over 15 years, and also have a small Buck lockback.

wristwatchb and RyX like this.
  11. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

[​IMG]
    Here is an Opinel and SAK along with my new Leatherman Wave.

[​IMG]
    I'm finding that as I get older and my fingers get stiffer that i appreciate an assisted opening knife like this Kershaw Cryo.

I have about a dozen trapper and mini trapper style knives from Case and Schrade but I don't carry them as much as this pocket clipped Kershaw.

12. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

That almost matches what I carry daily! The wave has been my companion for a really long time. The last one which was was my first got left on a rooftop in Venice 2 years ago. The new one is just as good and really as an AC tech I have a problem functioning without it. I had the first one for over 10 years. The most functional pocket tool that I've ever owned.

image.jpeg

13. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

A little ironic that of the dozen or so knives I rotate through, I'm totin' the same Case sowbelly I posted about back in April. Here's a pic...
    20160812_092521.jpg

wristwatchb, HolyRollah and RyX like this.
  14. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Add me to the assisted opening Kershaw crowd. I've been carrying one of these for about 20 years.
    [​IMG]

15. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Buck Knife Model No. 501
    IMG_8588.JPG

wristwatchb and HolyRollah like this.
  16. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Can someone explain to me why someone would feel the need to carry a knife? No condemnation nor judgement here...I'm just curious. I have a leatherman multi-utility tool that can do just about anything, but I personally have no need to carry it on me at all times. I understand if one's occupation warrants the use of a small knife at times (handy to have in some lines of work), but beyond the possible practical necessity of a pocket knife in those fields, do others carry one out of habit or in case the sudden urge to whittle hits? ;)

Primotenore and RyX like this.
  17. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

I have carried a pocket knife since I was a kid. You would be surprised how often it come out of my pocket. I use it to cut box tape, etc. It's a handy tool.

18. '65 G-Slim

'65 G-Slim Well-Known Member

I have a stout little all-stainless pocketknife that I stole from my stepdaughter about 14 years ago...2" spear-tip blade, corkscrew, can opener, Phillips screwdriver, and combo flat-tip/bottle opener. And yes, they do come in handy.

wristwatchb likes this.
  19. RyX

RyX DoH!

POTD 08102016.gif
    I do enjoy a three blade stockman style. I have several larger sheathed Case that I'll wear during cooler weather. Too heavy for summer and I'm not a saggin' shorts style person. Daily carry an Old Timer or Buck for cleaning under my finger nails or digging out a splinter.

wristwatchb and Primotenore like this.
  20. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

I have an old Winchester wooden handle locking knife. I carry it with me everywhere, and use it for all kinds of things. A knife is a great tool to have around when you need it.

wristwatchb likes this.