Any Pocket Knife Folks Here?

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Redrock, Apr 8, 2016.

1. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Trimmed quills be vastly over esteemed! Doth thou not knowest the purest of sonnets were scribed by quills unfettered?

Bama Samurai, RyX and barbersurgeon like this.
  2. Drygulch

Drygulch Snowballs

Finally got a picture of my carry knives.
    1) Small Black handled Case lockblade folder. This is my daily carry that I can get away with in a corporate environment without too many complaints from HR. Light weight enough that it doesn't pull my slacks when I carry it, and I can open one handed when I need it. It gets used a lot.
    2) Smith & Wesson lockblade folder. Aluminum Handle, with 3.25 inch blade. This is my weekend carry, or anytime I am working outside. Sturdy enough to pry with, big enough to do a lot. Balanced well for throwing, believe it or not. Small enough not to cause trouble when carried on my motorcycle or in public. Wear it clipped to my right front pocket, so can access one handed and open. Very satisfying clunk when I whip it open.
    3) Schrade Old Timer three blade. This one is too heavy and large to carry in slacks at work. I use it for camping, whittling, and detail work when I need something more solid that the Case knife.
    IMG_4652.JPG

3. dscaver

dscaver Well-Known Member

Slicing a bagel, never can tell when the hunger will hit.

Dave

RyX likes this.
  4. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I keep a Leatherman Micra on my key ring. There is a Pink Camo Buck folding knife in the house. I have been surprised by the times I have needed a scissor or small screwdriver, on the fly. When I was working, I kept a Leatherman Wave, whose pliers & screwdrivers got used quite often, in my classroom.

5. Edsland

Edsland Active Member

Swiss Army Camper, only leaves my pocket when we fly to my son's house.

6. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

I carry a Leatherman when working, and often a Gerber locking knife.

7. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

I used to carry a different knife evety day. For months now ive been stuck on a SOG fielder and a Gerber multi-plier. 2016-09-03-07-51-07-1351562499.jpg 2016-09-03-07-50-20--1789210030.jpg
    Both images borrowed from the intenet, thanks big I, im too lazy yo take pics of mine.

8. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

9. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Since it's the Internet...

[​IMG]

10. icedog

icedog Member

I have a vintage Kershaw folder and a couple other older knives that are always in my pack when I go hunting. My every day carry at the moment is a small Buck lockback that I keep in a handmade (not by me) sheath on my belt. The rest are an assortment of a few dozen folders, hunting knives, and lockbacks ... from inexpensive to "good", but nothing really high end. I can't seem to resist making more purchases, but frequently turn them into gifts for kids, grand kids, or friends. Of course, then there are all those knives which have mysterious disappeared over the years ... probably gone to the same place all my lost keys, single socks, and Phillips screwdrivers migrate to.

PickledNorthern and wristwatchb like this.
  11. Matt0210

Matt0210 Well-Known Member

I really like knives but cant ever keep one sharp. I cant use stones because i mess up the angle everytime, too much of a learning curve for me. If they had a knife sharpener that was really easy to use and kept your knife razor sharp then I would probably carry one.

12. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

@Troy M turned me on to the Lansky Turnbox 2D2C http://lansky.com/index.php/products/4-rod-turn-box-copy/
    20 degrees for my pocket knives and 25 degrees for my kitchen knives. All my knives will now shave the hair off my arm.
    $25 on Amazon.

13. Denny45acp

Denny45acp New Member

Hi, I have carried since the mid 50's most of the time a fin and feather by Marble here in Michigan
    Now I Carry a wingman by weatherman. And every needs to learn to sharpen it no matter how long it takes you to learn. Practice and practice.

Denny Shootsalot

14. Matt0210

Matt0210 Well-Known Member

Im definitely going to check this out. You just hold the knife vertical to sharpen it or what? $25 sounds good to me

15. swarden43

Yup. That simple. Keep the knive vertical, swipe left, swipe right, repeat.

16. '65 G-Slim

'65 G-Slim Well-Known Member

My cheapie little Chinese companion...
    [​IMG]
    It's all tight, thin blade's perfect for cutting summer sausage, got the screwdrivers, corkscrew, and can opener. Good little road trip knife.

17. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

A Stockman that is almost always in my pocket when I am not working.

[​IMG]

18. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

I use a system similar to this one, guide rods attached to the stones to keep the angle the same going through the guide clamped on the blade.

PickledNorthern and Matt0210 like this.
  19. swarden43

:drool:

PickledNorthern likes this.
  20. Denny45acp

Denny45acp New Member

Denny Shootsalot