Any Pocket Knife Folks Here?

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Redrock, Apr 8, 2016.

1. cliffb599

cliffb599 Well-Known Member

Just my Favorite pocket knife.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

I rotate between a SAK Pioneer and either a Spyderco Sage 1 or 2 (Sage 2 shown) as my EDC. I haven't carried either in a while, and this thread prompted me to start again. Either one is handy for opening packages (you can see the evidence on the Sage blade) or preparing lunch at work. I can rinse either one under the tap, and I keep them lubricated with food safe mineral oil.

I carry my Pioneer in the leather slip case. The Sage clips to my right pants pocket.

SAK Pioneer and Spyderco Sage 2.jpg

SAK and Spyderco1.jpg

3. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

I have one of those. Don't care for it, but that's me. Found it difficult with larger knives.

4. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Yep, I had to move the bracket in two places for a larger knife, but it works fine for "pocket" sized knives. Especially when I wanted to change the blade angle.

Bama Samurai likes this.
  5. Sunflake

Sunflake Well-Known Member

image.jpeg
    Everyone needs this! It works fantastic! Made all my knives super sharp. http://www.worksharptools.com/sharpeners-28/manual-sharpeners/guided-sharpening-system.html

6. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

IMG_0082.JPG IMG_0081.JPG Here is my latest acquisition, by Victorinox,for L.L. Bean. I just really like the look.

7. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

When I am working, or outdoors in general, I always have my Leatherman.

[​IMG]

I usually carry this cheapy Buck folder in my front pocket also. It is a little easier to get at that way, and the Leatherman is more of a pain to sharpen. It is also much cheaper if/when I snap it off on something using in a way it wasn't intended. I have a ton of these little Lansky sharpeners all over, that I wont use on good blades, but work great for beaters like this one.

[​IMG]

On occasion when at work and not in the field, I will carry this Buck Dorado. It is one of my favorite knives. I really like the wood, and it fits easily in a front pocket if a guy doesn't want it on his belt.

[​IMG]

When I'm not working, if I don't have my Stockman, I am likely to have this Swiss Army knife. I prefer this model (mechanic I think) with pliers, to the similar one with scissors. I usually put it in my pocket, but every once in a while I use this basket weave type.

[​IMG]

Troy M, RyX, Drygulch and 1 other person like this.
  8. PickledNorthern

Bama Samurai and Sara-s like this.
  9. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

Just a FYI, have any of you knife enthusiast seen the Ganzo line of knives. Yes they are out of China, yes they are inexpensive, yes you have to be ok with 440C for the blade steel, yes they make copies of other high end knives, BUT if you can tolerate all that they are pretty well made and inexpensive to buy especially for what you are getting.
    They offer knives like a Spyderco Para Military look alike with the Benchmade Axis lock, Griptilian clones and Lions Steel SR2. They are at least worth looking at. I have several and have found them all to be good pocket knives. You can find them on ebay and at www.GearBest.com. There are also many youtube reviews on them.:)

PickledNorthern likes this.
  10. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

Unless I am travelling with cabin baggage only, I always carry a pocket knife. Usually an Opinel or a small Laguiole.

178-bplatoon and PickledNorthern like this.
  11. swarden43

Had a Queen #26 in my pocket today .
    20161128_203420.jpg

12. PickledNorthern

swarden43 likes this.
  13. swarden43

Thanks Jared.

PickledNorthern likes this.
  14. swarden43

A Hen and Rooster. Yeah, scratches from trying to use a stone. Turned into an exercise in futility, for me, anyway. The Lansky TB 2D2C now gets my blades nice and sharp nice and easy.
    @Drygulch recognize that chunk o' leather? That's what you sent in Becky's knife pouch. Now it's a palm sized pocket knife strop!
    20161129_204232.jpg

Troy M, Drygulch and PickledNorthern like this.
  15. Drygulch

Drygulch Snowballs

Glad to see it is getting used. I make those as a form for a sheath or holder out of scrap leather, so I can make it without having the actual item. I never thought of using them as a small strop. Hmmm....

PickledNorthern and swarden43 like this.
  16. Mike Powell

Mike Powell Active Member

I carry a Kershaw daily, I use it for what ever, I might cut an apple with it one day and open a box the next.

Troy M likes this.
  17. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Here are my 2 I rotate between now. [​IMG]

18. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

My wife and I went by her godmothers house to check on it and do some cleaning. She passed away 2 months ago at the age of 101. She was an extremely sharp and agile woman.
    But any how found a few of her late husbands pocket knives. This was my favorite. I gave it to my son. He collects pocket knives. Thanks in a large part to my dad. He is a knife freak.

As near as I can tell this was made between 1949 and 1955.
    It is an Imperial with faux MOP.
    [​IMG]

brit, Troy M, Drygulch and 2 others like this.
  19. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Was able to pick up my little white whale in terms of pocket knives this weekend - the CRKT Van Hoy 5120 snap lock (which is the smaller one of the models).
    It's been discontinued for a few years so finding one in like-new condition for $40 was a great find :)

[​IMG]

Here's the knife I bought - it also came with another CRKT knife called "Full Throttle" that I know nothing about. It seems to have a little bit of wear on it but seems like a nice enough knife. Especially being 'free'.

Will see when I receive them this or next week.
    [​IMG]

Update: Found this video on the 'Full Throttle', actually looks pretty neat:

Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
    Troy M, Drygulch, RyX and 1 other person like this.
  20. Denny45acp

Denny45acp New Member

Hi, I had a " boy scout" knife like. That. I lost it in ' Nam. Back in 66 I can tell you that the steel in good and you can polish the thing up easily...

Denny Shootsalot

PickledNorthern and twhite like this.