Any terrible shaving products you have ever used?

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by 1969Fatboy, Feb 11, 2009.

1. kevtex

kevtex Member

Derby Lemon shaving cream smells like furniture polish.:sick007 I only shaved once with it and then it went straight in the trash can.

2. 1969Fatboy

1969Fatboy New Member

I agree with you there. Horrible crap. I love lemon but its like applying pledge scented SC and it doesnt work worth a damn,

3. sicklidz

sicklidz New Member

Merkur blades.

Just in case it hasn't been said enough.

4. wazazzle

wazazzle New Member

glad to see i wasn't the only one who thought williams was mediocre at best. just my2cents

5. MsBlackwolf

MsBlackwolf Queen of Critters

Someone already mentioned Burt's Bee's Bay Rum Soap. Add his shave cream to the crap list too. Some "kind" person gave me some and it's NASTY. Gent's, plzzzzzzz do MsB a favor and DON"T try to shave your face with this stuff. Use it to poison vermin instead.

6. burningdarkness

burningdarkness Woot Off

Additions: Sharp, Treet Blue Special, Wilkinson Sword (German) DE blades.
    MWF, SCS soaps.

7. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

Any gel after shave or skin bracer after shave. The bees seem to attack me when I have this stuff on.

8. DarkAudit

DarkAudit Active Member

Vintage Gillette Blues and Thins. No matter if the container's still sealed when you get your mitts on 'em. No matter how nice and shiny they may look out of the wrapper. They are still 50-plus year old carbon steel blades. Uncoated carbon steel blades. Awful. Just awful.

I was asked for pics to warn off others, so here goes:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Those are good as display pieces only. They are no longer viable as functioning blades.

9. MikeyK

MikeyK New Member

Yeah, Tabac. Rich texture aside, smells like scented toilet paper.

10. Corey

Corey Member

It may not be "terrible", but my multiple attempts at making Col. Conk shave soap work for me has lead to failure. The lather is nice, but something about shaving with it does not agree with my face. Maybe it's crap, or maybe there's something in it that irritates the hell out of my skin. Whatever it is, it's been quickly replaced with TOBS and some Tom's of Maine.

11. SRD

SRD Well-Known Member

Not sure that I would say terrible but I was sorely disappointed in the quality of Merkur razor blades. How can it be possible to make a high quality razor and such a marginally quality blade?

12. boyextraordinare

boyextraordinare New Member

Trumper's Skin Foods are an utter ripoff.

Any canned product costlier than 3 USD.

Synthetic brushes.