Any use a fountain pen?

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by PLAla, Dec 28, 2015.

1. buddha1200

buddha1200 Member

Been collecting fountain pens for a few years now,love writing with them.

PLAla likes this.
  2. Single Malt Whiskers

Single Malt Whiskers Active Member

I've been happy with just the blue Parker Quink, use it as my standard everyday ink.

PLAla likes this.
  3. BigMike

BigMike Well-Known Member

I love fountain pens. I love the way the don't write smoothly. I love the stains they leave on my hands. And I especially love the way they ruin my expensive dress shirts and even more expensive wool suit coats.

Do yourself a favor and get a nice stainless steel Parker Jotter ballpoint. 10df5766e2e1e2638918feff0a542db81b.jpg

Last edited: Mar 2, 2016
    PLAla likes this.
  4. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

I've been using fountain pens for years. I have one near 100 years old, a Parker Duofold Jr. as a matter of fact. Never had one ruin any of my clothes. Get a good one and they will write smoother than any stick pen out there.
    When I do carry a ballpoint, it's a Jotter! I have four - blue, black, maroon and the Flighter you have pictured.

BigMike and PLAla like this.
  5. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

I use then in my journal writing and when I have to write a note to someone. I have some cheap Chinese pens (that work flawlessly)...Jinhao and Baoer.

But the jewel in my collection is my Sailor Professional Gear, black with silver highlights and a 24k nib. It writes like a dream!

[​IMG]

PLAla likes this.
  6. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Here are three pics of my Nemosine and ink. Sorry I've taken so long to post any pictures! I'm a true fountain pen neophyte. I'm glad there are some other enthusiasts here on TSD. The pen and the ink were gifts.

IMG_0249.JPG

IMG_0250.JPG

IMG_0251.JPG