Anybody cut the cord?

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by txskimo, Jun 11, 2015.

1. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I haven't had cable in about twelve years. Only pay for internet.

:eatdrink013:

Shaver X, brit and richgem like this.
  2. brit

brit in a box

same here..not interested in paying a monthly fee for ads every 10 minutes..

Shaver X and Enrico like this.
  3. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

How does fubo compare to Sling? We are back on Sling now because sports. We've been off cable for a year plus now.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

4. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Sling is less expensive but as I understand it you need a digital antenna to get over-the-air channels. Fubo gives you over-the-air channels without an antenna. There are probably differences in terms of the DVR as well. but lots of sports channels on fubo apparently it originally started with sports in mind but then expanded. And unless you have a smart TV you will need a streaming device such as a Roku or Amazon stick to use with a tv or smartphone. You can also sign in and watch from a regular web page.

Fubo also offers a free 7-Day trial if you want to give it a shot. You will need a credit card to secure that but no charges until the seven days are up.

SharptoothC likes this.
  5. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

If you do sign up for fubo let me know. Members get to hand out referral links and we both get a discount for the month.

SharptoothC likes this.
  6. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

I'm moving cross country and leaving Spectrum cable. Sling Blue+Netflix+Hulu. Fire Stick 4k and AirTV. Quite satisfied.

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk

Droo78 likes this.
  7. Ursa

Ursa Well-Known Member

I've been using an over-the-air (OTA) antenna and Roku for about 6 years now.

The OTA stations here have been improving and expanding their lineup of subchannels over the years. I love old TV shows, so if there's nothing of interest on the Big Four networks, there's often something worth watching on MeTV.

Failing that...on Roku I use Amazon Prime video for on-demand TV, and the free PlutoTV service for conventionally-scheduled TV.

If the Tigers, Pistons, and Red Wings ever put out a product worth watching, I'll happily reactivate my SlingTV subscription to watch them. Some of the channels in my former SlingTV package, however, can be watched for free on PlutoTV.

Enrico likes this.