Anybody know how much an F2 Fatboy is worth these days?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by tootall1121a, Mar 23, 2019.

Tags:
  1. tootall1121a

tootall1121a Member

then I suggest you go do them.

Frijolero likes this.
  2. brit

brit in a box

very cool sir, wasn't implying,i bought my near mint early f-2 fatboy cased for $85 u.s. which is a good deal. i wanted the one that comes apart easily for service if needed. but there were many bidders, if there were less i probably would have got it for cheaper..bidder frenzy..but i have seen them go way higher for no real reason. not much better than mine was,nor the rarer d or e lettered ones. birthyear searchers? . on the same note,seen them go for less but plate loss or bad case becomes more evident..my $45 g-2 had been dropped ,but wasn't visible in the pics..i think the low $ deals are gone..while i have been lucky, most of my razors purchased were in near mint shape i paid what i could for the right razor in the condition i wanted..at present i now have some reliable local sources that find good stuff for fair pricing without the ebay hype or shipping expenses..i am also a lot more knowledgeable these days compared to my early days of collecting..
    sorry for the ramble, good luck..my point? a lot of new de shavers don't want to spend a lot and buy user grade, the collector/seller pays/sells higher for mint examples..and the rest go for anything in between..just my experience so far..

RyX and Frijolero like this.
  3. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Generally I do a BIN for a price I would be satisfied.

A razor on the shelf does nobody good and money in my PayPal makes me happy. :happy093:

RyX, Frijolero and brit like this.
  4. kfbrady

kfbrady Well-Known Member

Was this aimed at me?

I thought I tried to help you.

Oh well, the ignore feature is a wonderful thing.

Bye bye.

brit and stuartganis like this.
  5. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

There is nothing special about a fatboy; way over-rated in my opinion.

Slam it to 9, and be done with the fiddling.

Frijolero and brit like this.
  6. tootall1121a

tootall1121a Member

Kilbrady, no that wasn't aimed at you, in fact the commentor it was aimed at... the comment is gone now... I don't know what happened there. I do appreciate your help and comments were good.
    I'm thinking that there just aren't the collectors out there like there used to be. I knew a local guy that would buy and buy vintage Gillettes, but didn't even use them. Just collected and shelved them.

7. preidy

preidy Just call me Dino

The "195" is a classic razor for sure but the truth is (IMO) an average shaver. For me the head is too big and hard to handle. I have a cased FB because I'm a collector. I'll admit years ago curiosity got the best of me and I over paid. Having said that I still pull her out a few times a year on weekends for a drive but she alway goes back to the safety of the drawer for the next time I get a nostalgic whim.
    IMG_3712.JPG

Frijolero, brit and Enrico like this.
  8. tootall1121a

tootall1121a Member

I think collectors used to push the market up higher. Some collectors have to have every model, every date code.

brit likes this.
  9. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Not to mention the invention of the birth year razor which infers magical gotta have it quality to an otherwise anonymous razor. Cuckoo.

10. tootall1121a

tootall1121a Member

Is that a new fad? What was Gillette making in 1956 towards the end of the year.

11. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

As someone who could not care less about later Gillettes I guess the birth year fad should be welcomed as a godsend as it diminishes the funds these folks have to throw at razors I care about .

Frijolero likes this.
  12. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
  13. brit

brit in a box

red, blue and regular superpeed, diplomats probably others, brits had a bunch as well..