Anyone shave exclusively with shave creams?

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by Rusty blade, Jul 1, 2018.

1. Rusty blade

Rusty blade The Good Humor Man

Over the years I have been using a balance of soaps and creams. I find generally the quality of the shave is better with a good quality cream...indeed I am thinking of moving in the direction of only using shave creams. In particular I have discovered Truefitt and Hill shave creams...a stellar product. I am wondering if there are others out there who only use shave creams...if so, what product do you use?

Keithmax likes this.
  2. McGrande

McGrande Well-Known Member

I'm actually leaning that way myself. Like you I have used several soaps and creams over the years but find myself using creams most of the time. For me, whipping up a nice lather takes less time yet yields great results during and post-shave.

Proraso creams never disappoint. Personal favorite scent wise is Proraso white. For the money, Derby creams punch above their weight. Recently I obtained a tube of LaToja cream and it has fast become my favorite cream. Speick is a fine cream that really tones the skin (for me anyway). Great scent too. I have tried Truefitt & Hill's sandalwood cream and it is outstanding.

I'd be content using the same cream of any of the above mentioned every day.

Rusty blade likes this.
  3. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    My ONLY issue with creams is their shelf life. Otherwise, I like some of them a lot.

4. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

I have for periods of time, but recently I have been only using soaps.

I worked through my stockpile of creams and only have a few partials left and more soap than I should have.

5. Rusty blade

Rusty blade The Good Humor Man

Primo, do you find shelf life of creams in tubes to be different than those in tubs?

6. brit

brit in a box

i use the creams more when i am time limited. i can build lather in seconds .i take my time with soaps to get the perfect lather.

7. steelheart1948

steelheart1948 New Member

I only use Proraso shaving creams. The white and blue. Inexpensive, and they work very well for me. I have been through numerous creams and soaps in my 4 plus years of D.E. shaving and find that these 2 are the perfect choices for me.

Rusty blade likes this.