Anyone shave with their glasses on?

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by Spud, Jun 30, 2017.

?

Do you shave with glasses on?

1. Yes

26 vote(s)
    42.6%
  2. No

33 vote(s)
    54.1%
  3. I have an extra pair just for shaving

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  4. I wear contact lenses

3 vote(s)
    4.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

I will be 44 next month and it's getting harder to see without my glasses. I can see pretty good up close without glasses and I'd be likely to get lather over them but I'm thinking eventually I will need them to shave. I'm curious to hear what other glasses-wearing shavers out there do.
    Thanks.

AGHisBBS, gorgo2 and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  2. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

I shave without them as I need to shave clear up to me lower eyelids. Yes, I'm a wookie

Spyder, Hembree, brit and 8 others like this.
  3. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

4. Terry Williams

Terry Williams Well-Known Member

All the time.

AGHisBBS and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  5. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I can shave without any eye support, but to type this is killing me without contacts/reading glasses.

brit, AGHisBBS, gorgo2 and 2 others like this.
  6. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

I didn't start wearing glasses for close distances ( reading and computer work) until I hit age 50. I can successfully SR shave without wearing them but they do come in handy for allowing me to see clearly while doing the 'detail' work.

I anticipate a prettty substantial majority of glasses wearers answering this poll as, in general, the wet shaver demographic usually trends upwards (north of 40) in the age department.

Hembree, brit, AGHisBBS and 2 others like this.
  7. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

I can see close up without glasses, but the mirror isn't that close.

8. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Almost 46 here. Have shaved with and without spectalles on and off. I have learned to shave with them on, and off, for SR, SE, and DE. Is all good.

Live to shave, shave to live.

Terry, AGHisBBS, RaZorBurn123 and 2 others like this.
  9. MoAllen

MoAllen King of Unscented

61 here. I definitely need glasses for shaving now. I have a pair of generic reader glasses in the bathroom just for this purpose. They have the right correction for setting myself clearly in the mirror.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Terry, brit, AGHisBBS and 3 others like this.
  10. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

No, and unless I'm watching the tube I hate eating with them on, too. Dinner table or in a restaurant? They are off. No idea why.

Terry, brit, AGHisBBS and 3 others like this.
  11. '65 G-Slim

'65 G-Slim Well-Known Member

Hm, haven't tried it yet, but I reckon sooner or later I'll have to try.

Terry, RaZorBurn123 and mrchick like this.
  12. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Without, though the correction in my lenses is very minor, and for distances.

13. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

I shave better by feel than with my glasses on,

brit, RaZorBurn123 and mrchick like this.
  14. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

Been wearing glasses since the 4th grade. Don't need 'em to shave though.

Terry, brit and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  15. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

When I first started wet shaving with a DE I used reading glasses for awhile but not anymore.
    I think I did the same thing for a bit when first using a straight.

Terry, brit and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  16. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I have really bad eyes, -8.5 contact in left eye -9.5 in right. At 48 I use reading glasses with the contacts in. I can shave just fine with the contacts alone. I have to wear my glasses if I do not have contacts in...or I bump into doors and such. I have no issues shaving with glasses on. There are some spots that are more by feel as when I have my head up the glasses are not helping with the mirror.

Terry, brit, AGHisBBS and 1 other person like this.
  17. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

My glasses are for distance, so I never shave with them on. Problem is that anything over 3 feet is the limit. I find myself with my face up against the mirror sometimes, especially when using a straight. I've bumped my straight into the mirror a couple of times when shaving. It was close!

Terry, brit, AGHisBBS and 1 other person like this.
  18. Fup

Fup Well-Known Member

I'm going to be 30 this month, have been wearing glasses since like 3rd grade. I can't see too good what's in the mirror with sink between myself and my reflection but now I shave without glasses and lean when I have to see. When I first started wet shaving a couple months ago I wore them but now they're more in the way than a help. I just go by feel and sound most of the time and I can see where the lather is good enough. I don't put my glasses on until after the witch hazel.

Terry, mrchick and AGHisBBS like this.
  19. Lancre

Lancre Well-Known Member

20. AGHisBBS

AGHisBBS Well-Known Member

Almost 50, the mirror is getting further away all the time. I think I might try one of those magnifying mirrors before I go to glasses for shaving, but not quite yet.

Paul Turner, Terry and mrchick like this.