AoS in Target

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by COMPNOR, Jun 16, 2019.

1. COMPNOR

COMPNOR Well-Known Member

So the AoS store in my local mall went belly up I guess a year ago? I dunno, been awhile.

But I was in Target today and they were carrying a line of AoS products - Brush, razor, soap, pre- and post- shave products, I found it interesting.

Frijolero, RyX, Paul76 and 2 others like this.
  2. ordinaryshaver

ordinaryshaver Well-Known Member

Interesting. Thanks for the info.

Frijolero and brit like this.
  3. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

Target has done quite a bit of experimenting with shaving products in the past two or three years.

Frijolero, RyX and brit like this.
  4. COMPNOR

COMPNOR Well-Known Member

So the Target I frequently shop at had a small selection, and then put it all on clearance. They recently did a remodel and have this guys grooming section where they have shave and beard and body grooming stuff. So now they are selling Cremo horse hair brushes and AoS brushes, Duke Cannon, and other stuff.

Paul76, Frijolero, RyX and 3 others like this.
  5. BaylorGator

BaylorGator MISTER Fancypants

AOS is Gillette, so I’d expect to see continued emphasis on growth outside of the AOS stores.

Frijolero and brit like this.
  6. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

Target's buyer for shaving products made a brief appearance on a couple of forums several years ago. He was supportive of traditional shaving, and had brought it to the attention of his management. It seems he had a good measure of success, and is to be commended.

I know some wetshavers don't like Art of Shaving, but they are a gateway drug for many people. There are still large segments of the population who don't realize there is something beyond canned gel and cartridge razors. Bricks and mortar stores help fix that.

Frijolero, RyX, TestDepth and 2 others like this.
  7. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Did the have the repro Tech?

*ducks*

Shaver X, Frijolero and brit like this.
  8. Shaver X

*Ducks*? Why? What is wrong with a repro Tech?

A local drugstore carries repro Techs, and also Williams shaving soap. This is a tiny store, so shelf space is at a premium. They said that a lot of people ask for traditional shaving gear.

brit likes this.
  9. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Nothing would be, if the one promo'd a few years ago (as you yourself talked to them about) actually existed. But don't take it seriously, I was making a joke.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
    brit likes this.
  10. Shaver X

Ah, I see. Glad to see that the Tech hasn't become the latest bete noire of the wetshaving world. ;) It looks like many (most? all?) of the Tech clones are from Baili. People seem to really like the BD179, and at $12 with a travel case, it is a bargain.

brit likes this.
  11. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Gillette on steroids?

brit likes this.
  12. Shaver X

Gillette on $teroids.