AOS lavender essential oil shave soap w/ wood bowl

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by jaro, Sep 22, 2019.

1. jaro

jaro the dread and the fear

Hello all I was at Burlington yesterday and picked up the soap with bowl for less than 2 bucks. What do you guys think of it?

Angelo85, RyX and lightcs1776 like this.
  2. lightcs1776

lightcs1776 Well-Known Member

Hard to beat for $2.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

brit and RyX like this.
  3. jaro

jaro the dread and the fear

Thanks
    Have you ever used that brand? I haven't used it yet. Is it hard to lather or anything I should know about it? Tips/ tricks?

RyX likes this.
  4. lightcs1776

lightcs1776 Well-Known Member

I haven't used it, but I have read from others that it is a decent soap. I think you will find a review if you do a search on the site.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

RyX and jaro like this.
  5. RyX

RyX DoH!

AOS gets a bad rep for several reasons. They set up shop in high dollar per square foot shopping malls. That may help with walk in customers possessing a pocket full of money. You beat that gambit finding the product in an end of the line discount shop. Check that reduced price store shelf every chance you get! Another gripe I hear is that the employees of the AOS employees are trained to sell the overstocked item of the day because "it's just what people with your beard type need". Apparently everyone who crosses their threshold has stubble perfect for what ever they are pushing that particular day. Their sales people aren't experienced Wet Shavers who have tried a dozen Artisan soap, or Barbers with decades of customers.

So with all those gripes rehashed, there are shavers that like their product line. I've recently seen single use setups at Dollar Tree stores near me. I tried it. Best preshave oil / shave cream / post shave balm? I'd give it a meh for my lack of interest in PS oil, and preference for hard soaps & alcohol based splashes. But it was only one dollar.

Try the soap, enjoy it for the incredibly low price you paid for a premium priced product, and let us know how it treats you! If it's good, go clean off that shelf for your back stock and future trade goods.

6. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    For $2...ok. AoS hard pucks were originally manufactured by Valobra and they were magnificent. After a reformulation, sadly the soaps are a mere shadow of themselves. If your puck looks like this:
    Screen Shot 2019-09-22 at 16.00.28.png
    It's the original formula and is a FANTASTIC soap.
    If it looks like this:
    Screen Shot 2019-09-22 at 16.01.52.png
    It's the new formulation...not as good. Again, for $2.00, you can't go wrong.

jaro, RyX, lightcs1776 and 1 other person like this.
  7. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    :signs011:

jaro, RyX and brit like this.
  8. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

I got the same item at Burlington for $12 and I'm pretty happy with it. For $2? Great deal. It works great for me.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

RyX, Angelo85, jaro and 2 others like this.
  9. Angelo85

Angelo85 Well-Known Member

I bought mine at Burlington for $13 and I think it works very well. Great find you got for $2.

brit, RyX and jaro like this.