April 2018 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by NCoxSTL, Apr 1, 2018.

?

Your plan for Arko Adustable April?

1. Use Arko - DUH!!

11 vote(s)
    29.7%
  2. Use an adjustable razor - DUH!!

12 vote(s)
    32.4%
  3. Eat cookies. Lots and lots of cookies.

11 vote(s)
    29.7%
  4. Use a straight razor - maybe with Arko?

3 vote(s)
    8.1%
  5. I'll shave whatever way I want, thank you very much Mr. Nosey!

25 vote(s)
    67.6%
  6. Mail some new survey ideas to Cartel HQ - those guys are dragging us down!

1 vote(s)
    2.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PumperNickel-BageL

PumperNickel-BageL Active Member

Thats why the guys that hoarded bay rum in storage will be in good shape and the rest of us are going to see a price increase in good bay rum

Drygulch, sdguero, RyX and 12 others like this.
  2. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Can you bring K-Pop to a grinding halt?

Drygulch, sdguero, 9nein9 and 11 others like this.
  3. Bama Samurai

As soon as I get home, I will mmoc and report. Haven't been in Colorado much. And @9nein9 - I haven't forgotten you.

Drygulch, NCoxSTL, sdguero and 12 others like this.
  4. Bama Samurai

Snow arrived in Murray at 23:00. Had dinner out and beat it to my hotel by 70 minutes.

Drygulch, sdguero, RyX and 12 others like this.
  5. Bama Samurai

Enchiladas suizas cure many things.

Drygulch, sdguero, 9nein9 and 10 others like this.
  6. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

I'll make that my top priority.

Drygulch, sdguero, 9nein9 and 9 others like this.
  7. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

You really are a weather wizard.

Drygulch, sdguero, 9nein9 and 9 others like this.
  8. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Maybe we should order it for all of the world leaders. Might usher in the Star Trek utopia worldview.

Drygulch, sdguero, jtspartan and 11 others like this.
  9. Bama Samurai

Let's see... Hand made tortillas, softened in hot lard, rolled around steamed chicken, covered lightly with combo ancho chile and tomato salsa ranchero, topped over with shredded young cabbage and lettuce mix, scoop of guacamole and farmer cheese?

It's worth a try.

Drygulch, sdguero, RyX and 13 others like this.
  10. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Drygulch, sdguero, 9nein9 and 7 others like this.
  11. Bama Samurai

Let's see... Hand made tortillas, softened in hot lard, rolled around steamed chicken, covered lightly with combo ancho chile and tomato salsa ranchero, topped over with shredded young cabbage and lettuce mix, scoop of guacamole and farmer cheese?

It's worth a try. With Cerveza Tecate or El Presidente grape whiskey, if so inclined.

Drygulch, sdguero, 9nein9 and 10 others like this.
  12. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

I'd say it's worth trying for awhile. Gotta be totally sure it's good, right?

Drygulch, sdguero, jtspartan and 8 others like this.
  13. Bama Samurai

Add Cerveza Tecate, Flán and shots of El Presidente...and they'd at least all take the afternoon off. Not a great long-term plan, more of a starting place.

I gotta do a shout out here.

Los Portales in Murray KY is very good. The place would be at home in a bigger city. I claim to know... I've eaten at all kinds of Mexican (not Tejas-Mexican) places from NYC to actual Mexico, and Los Portales is as good as anything. Also, love rural KY. Massive Dinner and soda was about $11.

14. Bama Samurai

Arko April with an Adjustable

Kentucky Small Hours Edition
    @jtspartan on the road trip
    Hollaback to @PickledNorthern

[​IMG]

Neal is far from fair, he also sent the Yakuza away with fine steel, Astra, in addition to a ruble. Dark liquid is Osage. Light is Vitalis for my scalp, this week's cleanser. More on that in a minute. Shave was Great!

I consider spending two and a half days working and socializing with Neal and the Czarina to be with great time. Sure we hurt a bit, but the time passed quickly when things were hard, everybody had some laughs, and we got to share a meal together each day. We worked together to make it happen, loading crew be damned!! Gotta admit, when the real unload crew of three very young and very large guys arrived, it was right on time. Yakuza don't load trucks and carry boxes, unless the friend and Blade Cartel Czar named Neal has an empty truck emergency and a time deadline. Yakuza always handles that. Also, Czarina is Wonderful! Very nice gal, great company....she even cleaned the drying blood from my scalp, then disinfected and glued my slightly spilt head back together. I had a mishap on my lift gate and was in need of a patch. Then we had to get back to work... But hey, chicks dig scars, right? I can't say enough nice things about those two, I had a very good time being with them in Missouri.

15. jtface

jtface Well-Known Member

When I have finished my Proraso, I plan to buy two sticks of Palmolive (should set me back about 98p) and grate them into the vacant tub... I might of course end up buying a nice handcrafted soap mug though... Who knows?!

Drygulch, sdguero, RyX and 10 others like this.
  16. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

Let me know if you need assistance or a translator.

We will trade you for K-pop, once they return from up north I will put them on a plane. Where should I send them? It seems your mobile these days.

Drygulch, sdguero, jtspartan and 7 others like this.
  17. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

9743F596-08A2-42D2-9331-C7BAA1A4B76D.jpeg

April 2 SOTD:

Razor: Gem MMOC
    Blade: Gem Stainless
    Brush: Razorock Plissoft
    Lather: Arko Cool
    Aftershave: Clubman
    Additional Care:
    Stirling Unscented PSB

Shave two is in the books, and it was a lot like yesterday. A little irritation, a couple of small weepers, but a DFS level of closeness. A decent start to my work week. Just one or two shaves left with the Arko Cool, and then it is on to something else for the dopp kit. I hope everyone has a great day

18. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

SOTD April 2, 2018

Prep: Cold water and Stirling mentholated pre-shave soap
    Blade: Schick
    Razor: Schick M1 adjustable injector
    Brush: Zenith B02 boar
    Soap: Soap Commander Vision

Back in the saddle after being out of town all of last week. It's pretty tough to return to reality, but at least a good shave helped things a little bit. Soap Commander always works so well and the Vision scent is a great portal to Springtime. Really nice overall. Not much else to report.

Enjoy your day!

SOTD 2-1-18.JPG

19. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Great photo and shave Jim.

Drygulch, sdguero, RyX and 6 others like this.
  20. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Welcome back Perry. I hope you had a wonderful trip. Fantastic lineup and photo as well.

Drygulch, sdguero, RyX and 6 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.