April 2018 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by NCoxSTL, Apr 1, 2018.

?

Your plan for Arko Adustable April?

1. Use Arko - DUH!!

11 vote(s)
    29.7%
  2. Use an adjustable razor - DUH!!

12 vote(s)
    32.4%
  3. Eat cookies. Lots and lots of cookies.

11 vote(s)
    29.7%
  4. Use a straight razor - maybe with Arko?

3 vote(s)
    8.1%
  5. I'll shave whatever way I want, thank you very much Mr. Nosey!

25 vote(s)
    67.6%
  6. Mail some new survey ideas to Cartel HQ - those guys are dragging us down!

1 vote(s)
    2.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Mayhem....yes . Nicks yes . Weepers yes . This will be my 1st Mayhem and hopefully i dont have to change my name to scarface in June . Great pics btw.

2. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Thank you, Patrick!

jluc, Norcalnewb, PLAla and 1 other person like this.
  3. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Andrew. Last Monday was my first non shave day since August 2015.

Great photo Andrew. The ATT H plate is a beast. I find it much more aggressive than the Timeless OC with the 0.95mm blade gap.

jluc, jtspartan, Norcalnewb and 3 others like this.
  4. Linuxguile

Thank you, Clint! Good info about the ATT vs Timeless. How does it compare to your .74 Wolfman ? I definitely don't think it would be a daily driver for me. Also did you notice any discernible difference shaving two days worth of growth as opposed to one ?

Keithmax, 9nein9, jluc and 5 others like this.
  5. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Excellent picture, Andrew!

9nein9, jluc, PLAla and 2 others like this.
  6. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

The H Plate is more aggressive than the 0.74 Wolfman as well. The Timeless .95 is about my upper limit for shaving daily. For daily use I prefer the .74 Wolfman. I find it just as efficent and smoother. The Wolfman does seem to have a narrow window for the correct angle but once mastered it delivers. The head is also thinner than the ATT or Timeless which makes it easier for me to use above my mouth.

7. Linuxguile

Thank you, Jim!

Norcalnewb, 9nein9, jluc and 2 others like this.
  8. RyX

RyX DoH!

Nothing to shift the paradigm. Just incremental improvement. I'm enjoying the menthol boost of Proraso Green preshave soap. It did seem to increase the Arko slip and the two scents don't clash.

That right there - the glycerin brought Arko into Premium Soap performance.

If you don't have a high glycerin preshave soap, or straight glycerin - consider it. Made the Arko lather just a bit more slippery.

9. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

Turning an instrument of MAYhem? Hmmm...might have to give that one some thought.
    150 drunk phone calls in a weekend? Wow, I'm sure you could write some really entertaining anecdotes, John.
    After using the Karve for a chunk of time now, Jim, where does it rank with your other premium modern DEs?
    Sorry to hear about the knot, Andrew. Those are some nice looking handles, though. Breaking out your most aggressive safety razor for MAYhem? I might do the same. For me I think that is my PAL Injectomatic.
    For some reason that is a really startling stat to me, Clint. Almost 3 years of not missing a day. Amazing, considering days spent travelling, or sick, etc. Very cool.
    A lot of work to not have a Premium Soap scent, however!
    I do find the Palmolive Stick slicker, fwiw.

10. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

April 30th
    Cold water
    WTG/XTG/ATG
    Timeless .95 SC
    Astra SP (3)
    Semogue Owners Club Badger
    Stirling Soap Piacenza
    Lucky Tiger face tonic
    Stirling Piacenza

Good morning gentlemen! I hope everyone is well! Looks like a lot of excellent shaves to finish out the month!

Great shave this morning. Three pass BBS. Whisper from the alum on my neck.

I started the month with a Timeless Bronze .38 SB and finished the month with a Timeless SS .95 SC. Both provided great shaves and served me well for the month.

Stirling soap and aftershaves were new to me. Spending a month with them has added another fan! Great performance and wonderful scents! I'm sure they will remain in my rotation indefinitely.

The SOC badger suits me. Soft tips with enough backbone. This paired with the SOC boar has killed any urges for any other brushes.

MAYhem will bring out the Blackbird OC. I have struggled with this razor. Hopefully a month of using it exclusively will bring the great shaves I have been getting the last couple of months.

I think I'll use PAA/CK soaps with assorted aftershaves, rotating between the SOC brushes for the next month.

Have a great day gentlemen! [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

11. Linuxguile

Excellent picture, Jim! You really cant get much better then that!

12. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Thanks Andrew!

Norcalnewb, 9nein9, PLAla and 2 others like this.
  13. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

A very cool picture of some awesome looking gear, Jim.

14. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Thanks Jason!

Norcalnewb, jtspartan, 9nein9 and 3 others like this.
  15. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

From my time in boot camp forward I have pretty much shaved on a daily basis with a rare exception. My wife prefers that I shave daily which adds an additional incentive. The only real change is that I now enjoy the process more than in the past.

16. RyX

RyX DoH!

I've already crossed the Arko scent adjustment threshold. Adding a dribble of the AS of the day to Arko lather works well. Assuming AS + Lemon is an acceptable combo. Might try a menthol PS soap, followed by an Osage Rub or Fine Snake Bite AS enhanced Arko lather next!
    I haven't done a Palmolive lather over PS soap yet. There's quite a difference between A & P. With A being somewhat drying, P gives a moisturizing post shave feeling. So many products, and I only shave every other day.

17. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

CRSW Barbiere Sapone
    $1 Pacific DE Razor
    Feather blade (7th shave)
    Maggard Plissoft
    Fine American Blend

Another good setup, another good result. The ring of death grows wider on the CRSW, but much more slowly than I anticipated. I'll miss this one. A LOT. It's become my favorite scent in my den.

18. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

No, I will do Palmolive again starting 1 May. Arko was simply to participate In the April theme as best I could.

NCoxSTL, Norcalnewb, Keithmax and 8 others like this.
  19. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Great moments in Quantum Physics, courtesy 30DC.

NCoxSTL, Norcalnewb, Keithmax and 7 others like this.
  20. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

First class photo and lineup Jim. You really are taking consistently calendar worth photos.

Norcalnewb, PLAla, 9nein9 and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.