April 2019 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by NCoxSTL, Mar 31, 2019.

?

Is Arko on the menu for you this month? Or Adjustable?

1. ARKO BABY!!! EVERY FREAKING SHAVE!!!!

2 vote(s)
    4.9%
  2. ADJUSTABLES BABY!!! EVERY FREAKING SHAVE!!!!

1 vote(s)
    2.4%
  3. Arko is a part of it but not every shave.

15 vote(s)
    36.6%
  4. Adjustables sometimes but not every shave.

19 vote(s)
    46.3%
  5. What's Arko??

5 vote(s)
    12.2%
  6. Adjustable - what??

6 vote(s)
    14.6%
  7. Just hand me my cookies and be done with it.

10 vote(s)
    24.4%
  8. I want extra ice cream on my cookies for ignoring ice cream in the last poll.

9 vote(s)
    22.0%
  9. Can't we all just eat cookies and ice cream and get along???

17 vote(s)
    41.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

In.

1959 Gillette 195
    Arko!!!!
    @jtspartan Tuxedo
    Voskhod

Shavette may also make an appearance.

2. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

I’m in for Anything Goes April. I chunked my Arko a while back. I have a couple of adjustables and they’ll show up randomly.

On the bus on the way to the Orlando airport. It’s been a wonderful vacation. Certainly not ready for reality in the morning as work starts back.

3. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Sounds like a plan Perry. I bet Wilson had a blast.

4. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Safe travels home, Perry! I'm anxious to hear about your trip and see some pictures!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

5. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I listed my shave plan for tomorrow(Apr 1)in the March SOTD. I'll do the post-shave show in this thread tomorrow.

6. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

I'm in for Anything Goes April and...

Dilbert. I find Dilbert especially funny after working for a big company for 32 years. It reminds me a lot of work. :)

1.gif

Hope you guys had fun, Perry. Safe travels home, and extra points if you include mouse ears in one of your SOTD photos. :)

7. RyX

RyX DoH!

Ahhh, April. Second Quarter already starting. Amazing how time sped up once I got over the hill. With a baby sitter on call I hope to get out of the house a little more often. Need to visit a few jobsites, make some folding money, succumb to Enablers efforts. No hints what I'm thinking about buying since the list never ends.

I'm in for Arko occasionally. My rate of soap acquisition has kept me from ever finishing the first stick. Adjustable razors seem to all be set on top settings so I got that going for me. Fay Boy, Slim, Ming Shi, and Schick could all appear. Might even slip in a Bunny shave.

9nein9, Linuxguile, Hembree and 14 others like this.
  8. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I am of the belief that the bosses chair is too big for him.

Perry, when do you travel to D.C. with the band for the Cherry Blossom Festival?

9nein9, Linuxguile, Hembree and 9 others like this.
  9. PLAla

We leave on April 10. The parade is April 13 and we'll come back the next day. It's coming up fast!

10. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

That's the razor I remember John!
    Nice!
    tp

11. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

You and I are on the same page, Jim! I will also shave with whatever I decide on any given day.

12. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

Nice Gary, we can call calvin ball rules on the time thing.
    Nice shave!
    tp

13. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I would say calvin ball fits in perfect around here.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2019
    9nein9, Linuxguile, Hembree and 12 others like this.
  14. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Cool!
    My adjustable razors will all see action but I'm not going to limit myself to them. I have some Williams Mug Soap on the way so I'll join in on some Williams Wednesday's. Everything else will be subject to whim on the given day.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

9nein9, Linuxguile, Hembree and 12 others like this.
  15. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

I will test out my new Fatboys. I will use my Slim and my Rocky as well. However, I will also be using my Dovo shavette to stay on course of reaching 100 shavette and 100 straight razor shaves. So, the first week, I will start off with shavette shaves, then hit the adjustables, and my non-vintage straights. That's my game plan, but it isn't written in stone.

9nein9, Linuxguile, Hembree and 15 others like this.
  16. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Good man!!

9nein9, Linuxguile, Hembree and 9 others like this.
  17. PLAla

House sale update:

Our house went on the market about 8:00pm on Saturday, March 23. We had multiple showings the next day, which is when we left for vacation. Our realtor called us on Sunday night (about 24 hours after it being on the market) saying that we had a full price offer. We accepted and inspection was done on Wednesday and we are now officially under contract with no contingencies. We close on April 30 and we must vacate here by May 3.

It moved incredibly fast! So many elements to be thankful for. Alice is going tomorrow most of the day to look at houses for us to buy. I'll be at work, of course, but she's the boss so if she doesn't like a house there is no need for me to see it.

It's pretty insane that were under contract in 24 hours from when the house went live on the MLS listing. We didn't expect that type of speed. But hey, we'll take it!

FaceScraper, 9nein9, MaxG and 18 others like this.
  18. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

Aren't gonna Arko Anyhow Anyway April!

Linuxguile, Hembree, RyX and 11 others like this.
  19. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Awesomelicious!!

I have a new stick of Arko and 4 adjustables for some shaves here this month. Three of them are two sided thingies and one injector. All of them are set to the only acceptable number. Turn them up....leave them up...and turn them loose!

20. brit

brit in a box

very cool Perry, good luck house shopping..

9nein9, Linuxguile, Frijolero and 6 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.