April 2019 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by NCoxSTL, Mar 31, 2019.

?

Is Arko on the menu for you this month? Or Adjustable?

1. ARKO BABY!!! EVERY FREAKING SHAVE!!!!

2 vote(s)
    4.9%
  2. ADJUSTABLES BABY!!! EVERY FREAKING SHAVE!!!!

1 vote(s)
    2.4%
  3. Arko is a part of it but not every shave.

15 vote(s)
    36.6%
  4. Adjustables sometimes but not every shave.

19 vote(s)
    46.3%
  5. What's Arko??

5 vote(s)
    12.2%
  6. Adjustable - what??

6 vote(s)
    14.6%
  7. Just hand me my cookies and be done with it.

10 vote(s)
    24.4%
  8. I want extra ice cream on my cookies for ignoring ice cream in the last poll.

9 vote(s)
    22.0%
  9. Can't we all just eat cookies and ice cream and get along???

17 vote(s)
    41.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Thanks, Gents! I feel blessed to live in a beautiful place like Colorado. The skies here are amazing due to the low humidity, high altitude (foundation lies at 5190’ at my home), and relative lack of light pollution in my area.

Psalms 19:1

2. Paul76

Paul76 Well-Known Member

Here’s a few of my recent travel shaves.
    Kiebitz 11/16
    E61A0036-7A0B-4D9C-8C71-0545FF47D3DC.jpeg
    Wade&Butcher 7/8
    A99D2CEA-BE2A-41AD-A9DB-A95CE4B84177.jpeg
    H Boker, the daisy 3/4 31366DFE-BEA7-442E-BDAC-A617F9C0562C.jpeg

3. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Linuxguile, Paul76, PLAla and 5 others like this.
  4. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Danny, I totally agree. However, what astounds me is how Rockwell can make great razors, but their ability to process Model T's is lacking to say the least.

5. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

I agree. I just don't understand the problems with the model T. They have got a lot of people upset for sure.

6. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Arko Adjustable April

April 17

Razor - Qshave (Futur clone) (6)
    Blade - sharp-star.jpg (1)
    Soap - Arko
    Brush - Jayaruh #312
    Post - Alum

On to my final DE adjustable. The Qshave razor of terror. Ok, so it actually isn't that bad, but opening it fully up to 6 creates a gap you can drive a truck through. It's a heavy razor and a lot of fun to use. Noisy, but very effective. Paired with the Sharp Star it gives an excellent smooth and close shave. Two passes and a little sliding on the neck and all's well in the Lou! The JR312 was again fun and quite easy to load up and make enough Arko to last a few nights.

Speaking of soaps........that gorgeous wooden bowl in my pictures this month - the one holding up the Arko lid? That was a raffle win from a couple of raffles ago. From the skilled hands of @jtspartan. And it's still empty. Because so much of my soap, as in all of it really, comes in plastic tubs, or are refills for my Fat and Tabac bowls, I really haven't figured out a soap to put in that bowl to use it. Any suggestions? That's right, boys and girls, I'm in need of some ENABLING HELP HERE!!! What great, fantastic, or otherwise highly recommended soap that I may not have ever tried would work in that fantastic hand made bowl? I await your suggestions.

Have a great Thursday!

April 17 2019.jpg

7. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

If you put the Arko in it, I want it back...;)

8. jtspartan

Linuxguile, Hembree, Paul76 and 7 others like this.
  9. RyX

RyX DoH!

Nine hours and 100+ behind. Apologies if the questions have been asked & answered.

Robert @Frijolero - Care to share about that aftershave? I've seen the product line as a prop, the pomade in a movie. UK based? How's it perform?

Looks sharp! How did you accomplish this fine bit of detailing?

10. jtspartan

Fantastic looking combo, Keith. That Seiko is such a classic design as well.
    Is it...could it be... is that the same Arko stick as the challenge, Chris?
    Very nice, Gary!

Linuxguile, Hembree, Paul76 and 9 others like this.
  11. RyX

RyX DoH!

Everyone's nose sniffs different. I'm sorry you don't enjoy the Glastonbury more Joe. I find it quite flavorful both from the tub and lathered. Piacenza is a close second in my den that I'd have ordered if the G wasn't available. Good news is if Stirling doesn't make it again for a couple years you ought to recover much of your investment in short order.

brit, FaceScraper, jtspartan and 12 others like this.
  12. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Thanks Rick! The problem with Glastonbury is that the scent is not strong enough for me to enjoy. It smells fine, but I have to stick my nose in the tub with the cover somewhat closed for me to get the fragrance. When I lather, the fragrance is very faint. Maybe my sense of smell is not as acute as when I was much younger. I will use it because it still performs like a Stirling soap. Also, the matching aftershave isn't all that and a bag of chips as well.

brit, jtspartan, Linuxguile and 11 others like this.
  13. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

If you're asking for some Arko I can just send you the sticks, you know. :)

14. RyX

RyX DoH!

I had higher (patchouli) hopes for the AS, as well. They list it as "Patchouli, Lavender, Oakmoss, Lichen, Frankincense, and Vetiver" but I get much pine scent. Since I've got a couple different patchouli EOs I may try increasing the vibe.

You want it back full of ARKO? :happy102:That would increase the value by almost three dollars US / four bucks CAD!

15. brit

brit in a box

thank you Jason..

Linuxguile, Hembree, PLAla and 5 others like this.
  16. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

@jtspartan

Not the same. Not advocating bath soap for shaving! Just a thought about one the most polarizing items in soap world.

Linuxguile, Frijolero, RyX and 11 others like this.
  17. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

You bloom soaps days in advance... we have to get you on better meds!

brit, FaceScraper, jtspartan and 12 others like this.
  18. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

19. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

So once again work trumps checking in. No way to catch up. Did we all have a great Williams Wednesday? Vintage Williams and a 1913ish ER type of day here.
    [​IMG]

brit, FaceScraper, Keithmax and 13 others like this.
  20. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

I watched Razor Emporium's YouTube video. Dabbed the paint in with a toothpick then wiped away the excess with paper towel cut into narrow strips.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

brit, FaceScraper, Keithmax and 9 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.