April 2020 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix and Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Bama Samurai, Mar 31, 2020.

?

Is Arko the greatest value in all of shaving?

Poll closed Apr 30, 2020.
  1. Yes

16 vote(s)
    72.7%
  2. Yes

6 vote(s)
    27.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jtface

jtface Well-Known Member

What exactly did you mean when you mentioned the effects of hot water? Are you saying use more? Or are you saying use cold?! :Animatedfrozensmily:

2. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

I use the shavette anywhere from 10 - 35 degrees. Way less setdown errors. Thats just my way . Others may have different views.

3. brit

brit in a box

hello gents ,will follow along with an All Out April..aristocrats,a and e,arko ,anything..:eatdrink047:

NCoxSTL, jtspartan, Trigger and 9 others like this.
  4. jtface

jtface Well-Known Member

If Arko is the greatest (currently available) value soap, then what is the best value aftershave balm/cream to complement it?

Edison Carter, MrEE, NCoxSTL and 10 others like this.
  5. brit

brit in a box

pinesol :D

MrEE, NCoxSTL, jtspartan and 9 others like this.
  6. jtface

jtface Well-Known Member

Never heard of it. Am I to assume, given that face, that it is an American cleaning product that would complement the aroma of the urinal block? :happy102:

7. brit

brit in a box

yes sir..:D

8. brit

brit in a box

wednesday shave.new sc/platinum,wcs synthetic,klar seifen sport,tobs st. james.. 20200401_024723_edited.jpg
    have a fine April 1 gents..

9. jtface

jtface Well-Known Member

Blue-tiful shave sir!

10. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Great looking shave to start the month, Gary!

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

11. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Not sure of my plan for the month, but I have been through plenty of Arko over the last decade. Here is some of my Amazon Arko purchases. I still have 8 sticks left from this over zealous buying in 2015, but will be continuing to work through my puck of MWF until it is finished. I will post a shave later once I get motivated and figure things out.

Arko.JPG

Edison Carter, brit, NCoxSTL and 13 others like this.
  12. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Awesome Gary!

13. matthewoli98

matthewoli98 Well-Known Member

SOTD:
    Beautiful shaves over the last week, this arko ice mint aftershave is fantastic stuff, very mild menthol, but super refreshing.

The old spice Wolfthorn is also a fantastic aftershave, i was super lucky to find both of them at such a great price.

The Derby extra blade ive been using has really impressed me, it actually has great longevity and it pairs beautifully with the Wilkinson sword classic which is definitely an underated razor, i think some people tend to look down on it because it's very lightweight and a plastic razor, but it shaves better than some of my other razors which cost 2-3 times more than the Wilkinson sword.

I also used the col conk lime puck for the first time in a few months, its a fantastic soap but it takes me a bit longer to load the brush than usual because i have the small puck.

Shave 1:
    Razor: Wilkinson sword classic
    Blade: derby extra (6)
    Brush: Omega 49
    Soap: arko shave stick
    Aftershave: Arko ice mint

Shave 2:
    Blade: Derby extra (7)
    Brush: Wilkinson sword classic shave
    Soap: col conk lime
    Aftershave: Old Spice Wolfthorn

Shave3:
    Blade: Derby extra (8)
    Brush: Omega 49
    Soap: arko shave stick
    Aftershave: Old Spice Wolfthorn[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my Redmi S2 using Tapatalk

9nein9, MrEE, jtspartan and 14 others like this.
  14. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Gilette LC New BRW Improved handle
    Permasharp super 2
    Semogue 22mm BC Mistura
    MWF
    Dr. Sana Alcoholado

Another nice shave. Enjoy your day.

15. brit

brit in a box

thank you James..

16. brit

brit in a box

thank you Patrick,good morning..

9nein9, Trigger, jgreenepa and 3 others like this.
  17. brit

brit in a box

thank you Jim,good morning..

Trigger, jtface, jgreenepa and 3 others like this.
  18. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

AAA8BC79-78E6-41A7-B7E5-59E569ED5BCA.jpeg
    SOTD 04/01/20

It’s great to be back! This morning I finally had the opportunity to put my new Colonial General V2 to the test. I really enjoy using AC razors. I’ve owned three prior to the arrival of this razor - Classic Shaving’s Oren, a RR Hawk, and a Blackland Vector.

The Oren was just too unacceptably bulky and unwieldy. I sold it. The Hawk delivers a decent shave, but my Vector with a Schick Proline blade is a great shaver, and, after the arrival of my new General, now have another great SE razor available. After reading some posts on a variety of dedicated shave forums, I loaded it up with a Feather Super and had at it.

I hadn’t shaved for a week, but began with a cold water rinse followed by a good thick application of my favorite soap, MWF. The first WTG pass took things right down to the skin line. So much so that the the second ATG pass consisted of nothing more than some selective buffing resulting in an incredibly close BBS that checked all the boxes. I feel smoooth, clean and refreshed.

RAZOR: Colonial General V2.
    BLADE: Feather Super AC
    PREP: Cold water rinse
    BRUSH: MrEE Hybrid Badger Boar 007
    SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
    POST-SHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Thayers Lavender WH and finished with A&E Post-Shave Serum

Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
    Edison Carter, 9nein9, MrEE and 14 others like this.
  19. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

While everyone else is asleep....
    ;)
    Good morning all!
    Got out a G2 Gillette Fat Boy, loaded a new Feather blade, opened it up to 9, got to work.
    Nice shave this morning to say the least.
    FB's aren't hard on the skin, quit gentle compared some other razors I have.
    Still got a shave that you can be proud of.
    No issue 2 pass head n face, clean and smooth.
    20200401_071636.jpg
    I added the bar soap to my picture today, at one point leaving it out.
    See, I thought it not to be part of the shave.
    Nowadays, seeing I like a good shower before I shave, it is the pre-shave.
    A good hot shower makes my whiskers easier to mow down, less painful, hardly no tuging and pulling at all.
    Mater of fact, if I don't shower first, I can shave, but it takes just as long to prep, so I don't save any time by nixing the shower.
    The Stirling Bath soap seems to help the dry skin thing too.
    All good.

Every one!
    Be safe!
    ENJOY!
    tp

20. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

Very cool Damascus PRC and shave Keith!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.