April 2021 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion. ALL ARE WELCOME!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Primotenore, Mar 31, 2021.

?

What are you shaving plans for April?

1. I am going to exclusively use an adjustable razor.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. I am going to exclusively lather with Arko.

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
  3. I am going to exclusively lather with Arko AND use an adjustable razor.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I am going to exclusively make fun of the shavers, who lather with Arko.

6 vote(s)
    26.1%
  5. I am going to exclusively shave with whatever suits me.

16 vote(s)
    69.6%
  6. I abhor exclusivity, therefore I am going to sulk and eat cookies.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Absolutely on point with this shave Jason.

brit, Hembree, clint64 and 5 others like this.
  2. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Rockin shave Gary.

brit, Hembree, clint64 and 4 others like this.
  3. Brickman301

Brickman301 Well-Known Member

Beautiful Razor! sorry to hear about the cat. Glad you got the coyote!

4. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

5. Brickman301

I haven’t posted in a few days, but no worries I’m still using just the Arko’s soap this month!
    Anyways, I received 100 Voskhod in the mail the other day, and used them Saturday, Sunday, and today. I’ve never used this blade until now. I went out on a limb buy ordering 100, but I’m glad I did. I really enjoy them. Tonight I used a very special razor to me. This one belonged to my grandfather, who pasted away last year, at the age of 91

Tonight’s shave
    my grandfather’s Gillette aristocrat
    Voskhod blade
    Arko soap
    Synthetic brush
    Thayers Rose witch Hazel

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Apr 12, 2021
    Droo78, Edison Carter, brit and 14 others like this.
  6. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Thank you Jason. I have five “GEM type” razors:
    GEM Micromatic Bullet Tip and OC
    GEM Feather
    Ever-Ready 1912
    PAA Starling SB & OC

I really can’t tell much of a difference in the closeness of the shave. All deliver an extremely close shave.
    The PAA is the lightest of the group.

brit, Hembree, Keithmax and 6 others like this.
  7. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Absolutely fantastic shave Matt. Your grandfather had good taste with his razor selection.

8. Brickman301

Thanks, but the name is Andrew. Lol, no worries, just don’t call me late for dinner.
    My grandfather owned this razor and a super speed, that I also now have.
    Funny story. I was staying with him one weekend when I was about 17 years old. I help him on the farm all day. Told him I was going out to see a girl that night, after dinner. I took a shower, and was ready to walk out the door when he realized I hadn’t shaved. At that age I didn’t have to shave often. I told him I forgot my razor, which at the time was some cartridge razor. He insisted I use his super speed. I didn’t have a clue what I was doing, and hacked my face up pretty good. Lol, I remember him laughing when I walked back downstairs. He said, I looked better before I shaved. Lol.

Droo78, brit, Hembree and 8 others like this.
  9. Brickman301

Not sure just how many GEM type razors I own? I But I have to agree, I love them all and they all shave great!

brit, Hembree, JACarbone and 5 others like this.
  10. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

Thanks, Jason! :)

brit, Hembree, JACarbone and 4 others like this.
  11. jgreenepa

Thanks, Andrew! :)

brit, Hembree, JACarbone and 4 others like this.
  12. jgreenepa

Voskhods are excellent blades, Andrew! They work well for me! Lovely Aristocrat shave! :)

brit, Hembree, JACarbone and 3 others like this.
  13. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

April 12

Hey guys. Just a quick shave update from the hills 'o Kentucky. As part of my long-term goal to consolidate things in my shave den, I decided to use up a pile of disposable razors that have sat around for too long. Some have six blades, others have three, and two of them...ahem...have pink handles. Yes, gentlemen, pink is the new...well...pink! I am currently rocking a pink Venus razor, and the shaves are outstanding! :rofl:

I returned to my daily routine of morning shaves. I average two passes overall. Some areas of the mug get one pass while others get three depending on the need. I routinely end up with a very comfortable DFS+ shave. I change razors weekly, and this seems to be working well. I can shave by wiping milk on my face and letting the cat lick off the whiskers, so carts naturally work well for me too. They do shave differently than DE's because they require light pressure. The angle is almost impossible to miss, as the heads pivot and must be under some type of GPS control.

I am plowing through a container of Stirling BoS soap at lightning speed, and it will soon be finished. It gets eaten up much faster than my triple milled soaps like Tabac and MdC. This is my first extended use of Stirling shave soap in a while. It's incredibly slick and relatively strong scented, and I have enjoyed using it. I'll end up with some leftover BoS aftershave, but I'll continue using it until it's gone. I've got a couple other flavors of Stirling soap - Arkadia and Executive Man - that will eventually see some use.

We took advantage of a beautiful 70F day today and explored another city park. We admit to violating no city ordinances, so we'll chalk it up as a very good day. We also locked in some dates this summer for a two-week trip to Minnesota for an annual check up and to reunite with some new friends. A goal on this return trip will be to avoid a repeat violation of a certain Iowa city ordinance (speeding). :cool:

I hope you all are doing well. You know, sensitive fellers like you should try a Venus razor sometime. :D

1.jpg

Droo78, Edison Carter, brit and 13 others like this.
  14. Brickman301

Just getting into them, but yes they seem to be great blades for me too. Thanks, I also think that this Aristocrat razor is Beautiful. Even the wear on it is nice, because I know my grandfather put that wear on it!!

brit, Hembree, JACarbone and 6 others like this.
  15. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Nice, Andrew!
    I never really got into vintage razors. I always saw it as shaving with someone else's grandfather's razor. Your razor is special. Very cool!

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

brit, Hembree, JACarbone and 5 others like this.
  16. deepsea

deepsea Well-Known Member

Occam’s O.R.E.N.
    Schick Proline
    Zenith Chubby Scrubby
    Modern Williams
    Ethos Lavender Supreme

F251F5A8-E5FE-43FA-9552-FB88805A4A3E.jpeg

A fantastic shave this evening. The more water I throw at the Williams, the better it gets. The second and third passes are even better lather. Gone is the slight foamyness and I’m being left with a dense wet lather with a high shine. I could swear the knot in the Zenith is getting better by the day. It’s an absolute pleasure to face lather with. The OREN delivered a very smooth shave, not quite as close as the Vector, but I can’t argue with these results. The Ethos Skin Food Splash leaves my face feeling fantastic and scent it just right for an evening shave.

Droo78, Edison Carter, brit and 14 others like this.
  17. deepsea

deepsea Well-Known Member

It’s always a special shave using a family heirloom! I wish when I was younger I accepted my grandfather’s Fatboy, I just didn’t know any better at the time. But last year I ended up with my other grandfather’s straight razor, had it restored and always think of him when I use it.

brit, Hembree, jtspartan and 8 others like this.
  18. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

13th April 2021.

79.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.
    Pre:
    Cold wet flannel to my face.
    Pears ~ Transparent Bar Soap With Mint Extracts. + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
    Brush: Chinese Unbranded Silvertip Fibre.
    Face Lather.
    Lather: OSP ~ Neroli Scented Shaving Soap.
    Blade: Indian Gillette 7'0clock Super Platinum. (D3)
    Razor: Baili ~ BD177 Rose Gold TTO.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.+3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Aloe Vera Gel./4711 ~ Eau De Cologne/ASL.

Greetings,

Early morning shave,

An incredibly good shave from the Baili super-speed clone, pairing up wonderfully with the Gillette 7'0clock Super Platinum.... Every shave that i have had with it has been consistently good...The 7'0clock Super Platinum i find works really well with non-aggressive razors these blades are really sharp, almost 'Feather' but with a smooth edge. I personally find Feather blades to be over sharp which makes them feel rough...I prefer smoothness in a blade rather than sharpness, the 7'0clock Super Platinum has a good balance of both.

A Enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing to the shave off with a generous splash of 4711 ~ Eau De Cologne/ASL...The 4711 has a wonderful scent my only wish is it wasn't so short lived...You can't have everything though.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Droo78, Edison Carter, brit and 13 others like this.
  19. Dave in KY

Dave in KY On second thought, Buttercup

Thanks Joe, I can't wait to give it a whirl. I like it's uniqueness compared to the typical Ever Ready and Gems.
    ALWAYS enjoy your write ups Charlie but that picture is just wrong on so many levels. Glad the Park Tour continues with good times !
    Great shave John and I feel the same comparing the OREN and Vector. Ever try Vintage Williams to compare to the Modern?
    Always a great and detailed write up Barry, Thanks and have a great day !

Last edited: Apr 13, 2021
    brit, Hembree, jtspartan and 8 others like this.
  20. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

:thanks:Dave.

brit, Hembree, jgreenepa and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.