April 2021 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion. ALL ARE WELCOME!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Primotenore, Mar 31, 2021.

?

What are you shaving plans for April?

1. I am going to exclusively use an adjustable razor.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. I am going to exclusively lather with Arko.

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
  3. I am going to exclusively lather with Arko AND use an adjustable razor.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I am going to exclusively make fun of the shavers, who lather with Arko.

6 vote(s)
    26.1%
  5. I am going to exclusively shave with whatever suits me.

16 vote(s)
    69.6%
  6. I abhor exclusivity, therefore I am going to sulk and eat cookies.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

It smells like wet earth from the desert and there was some soap on the ground, similar to the smell after it rained when I lived in Tucson. Oddly Tucson and Phoenix smell different after it rains. I think it’s the juniper that I pick up that reminds me of Tucson.

JACarbone, Hembree, jgreenepa and 5 others like this.
  2. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

For some reason, lime doesn’t seem to bother her, Bill. I like citronella, so we’ll see. I think I’ll get a fresh ceramic coating on that old enamel paint before I apply the electric sheep. ;)

3. jgreenepa

Beautiful, TI, John! I love the pointed Art Deco scale design! I have a 30s era Lord with identical scales. I’d give the TI a run on a pasted strop before giving up on the edge. You have a truly gorgeous razor there! Bill (@Edison Carter) and Joe (@JACarbone) are both TI fans! I believe it was Joe’s first straight razor some two decades ago and Bill has two that I know of that he really loves. Bill honed one of my beaters on his funny bumpy hones and built a great edge. :happy088:

4. jgreenepa

Just a lovely shave and great summary, as usual, Barry! Enjoy your Saturday, my friend! :)

JACarbone, Hembree, clint64 and 3 others like this.
  5. jgreenepa

E16D8CC1-7F84-4266-A2F4-33D987AB569E.jpeg
    SOTD SATURDAY MORNING, APRIL 17, 2021

Up rather early thanks to achy feet. The nice thing about TSD’s 30DC Crew is not only the generosity of spirit routinely demonstrated, but the skill level of our so-called “hobby” turners, both of whom put out product that I find to be easily equivalent to, and in most cases superior to product available commercially - one in metal (@MrEE) and the other in wood, resin or combinations of the two (@jtspartan). I’ve been shaving almost exclusively lately with their brushes, and today selected the beautifully crafted Sapele/resin handle housing an Omega Pro48 boar knot by @jtspartan.

Besides being great to look at, it sits perfectly in hand and is a superb lather generator. Jason was kind enough to obtain the knot from a new Omega Pro48 boar brush. This lovely brush always delivers and this morning did so again. This morning’s shave featured my Puma 88 straight razor and Eclipse Red Ring. The mug shave with the Puma’s Solingen steel edge easily cleared away my mug stubble in the usual three passes. The Red Ring is in the same class as my Favorite Gillette New LC and Standard models. Two ATG passes left me smooth and refreshed.

RAZOR: Puma 88 5/8 (Mug), Eclipse Red Ring (Dome)
    BLADE: Feather DE
    PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
    BRUSH: JT Sapele/Resin Handled Omega Pro48 Boar Knot
    SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
    POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Pre de Provence Bergamot & Thyme AS Balm.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2021
    brit, JACarbone, wristwatchb and 8 others like this.
  6. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

Thank you Jeff....Have a safe wonderful weekend, my friend.:cool:

Hembree, jgreenepa, clint64 and 2 others like this.
  7. Dave in KY

Dave in KY On second thought, Buttercup

Sorry about the achy feet Jeff. Beautiful shave and love that brush. Hope the day improves for you !

JACarbone, Hembree, jgreenepa and 3 others like this.
  8. Dave in KY

Saturday April 17, 2021
    Razor: Rockwell 6s Plate 5
    Blade: Rockwell (5)
    Brush: Graydog
    Soap: T&S Sicily 1508.5
    AS 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
    AS 2: T&S Sicily
    Fragrance: CK One

Last day for the Rockwell focus for me and only the 5th as I diverted for a couple vintage razors that were new to me I couldn't wait to try. 5 shaves on the Rockwell blade and no issues. It's not the sharpest but a very good one that I'd stock if they were as cheap as Voskhods. The Sicily 1508.5 continues and the doughnut hole continues to expand albeit slowly. It may make it past April but I'm hoping it will be killed by the end of the month. Friends came by yesterday evening for a socially distanced dinner on the front porch. 70's were forecast when we scheduled it but upon arrival we had 61 degrees with a light wind. We dressed appropriately and had a great visit. Glad things are warming up and hoping that was the last of the temp dips. Pic of the Trifle that was brought for dessert. Have a great day folks !!
    IMG_20210416_175013936.jpg IMG_20210416_211613422.jpg

9. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Look at that dessert!
    Oh, and nice shave.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

JACarbone, Hembree, jgreenepa and 4 others like this.
  10. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

April 17th
    Razor: Gillette Slim L1
    Blade: Ladas SuperStainless (3)
    Brush: Heritage Collection dubl duck/ gelled boar
    Pre-shave: PAA Cube
    Soap: PAA Astra Planeta
    PAA Galactic Witch Hazel
    PAA Astra Planeta Star Jelly
    AS: PAA Astra Planeta

Good morning!

Excellent shave to start the day! Three passes for near BBS. Silent alum.

Have a great day!

[​IMG]

brit, deepsea, JACarbone and 10 others like this.
  11. Dave in KY

Thanks Jim

12. Dave in KY

Man your pictures are amazing Jim, great shave

13. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Super shave and setup Barry! Have a super day!

14. Trigger

Beautiful setup and pic Jeff! As always, your shaves are awesome! Next week, the weather will be warmer so you may be able to ride in your TR6. Have an awesome day!

15. Trigger

Congrats on finishing the Rockwell focus Dave! I like the blades, but I don't think they are worth 15 dollars per hundred. Have a great day!

16. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

Thank you Joe...Have a super day too!. :cool:

17. Trigger

Beautiful shave and breathtaking pic Jim! Enjoy your day!

JACarbone, Hembree, jgreenepa and 2 others like this.
  18. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

[​IMG]
    I received the “R” plate from ATT yesterday afternoon, so I replaced the “M” plate and gave it a go. The blade gap doesn’t look that much bigger, but the shave was really good! I think I could have gotten away with a single pass and been satisfied. Most exciting was how easy and smooth it was to clear my upper lip and not slice my moles.

If I read the ATT site correctly, the “M” plate has a .25mm gap and the “R” plate has a .58mm gap.

Oh and I put a fresh Astra in this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brit, deepsea, JACarbone and 9 others like this.
  19. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

You guys are making me blush !

20. Trigger

April 17 SOTD

Good morning gents!

20210410_204029.jpg

Rockwell Model T (6)
    Feather Hi Stainless DE Blade (5)
    Semogue OC Super Badger Brush
    Stirling Spice SS and AS
    Dickinson's WH and Nivea ASB
    Whiskers: 26 hrs

It is my 5th and final shave of my Rockwell focus.
    I decided to shave today because I didn't think this Feather blade would do well with a heavier beard growth going on the 5th shave. Also, I want to use a shavette or a straight tomorrow afternoon to get ready for Sunday night service and I will have over 30 hrs growth at the time. Plus it will save me from shaving Monday morning if I get called in to sub.
    Anyway, I did get a near BBS shave with 2 passes and without any incidents. During the shave, I noticed that the blade was losing its sharpness, but it was still efficient in mowing down my stubble. However, I am not going to try to get shave #6 on this blade. It's nice to know that I can get 5 good shaves on a Feather using my Model T at the most aggressive setting.
    Finished this shave with applying the wh, asb and the matching splash to end this close, comfortable shave.
    Have a super Saturday guys!

brit, JACarbone, wristwatchb and 7 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.