April 2021 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion. ALL ARE WELCOME!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Primotenore, Mar 31, 2021.

?

What are you shaving plans for April?

1. I am going to exclusively use an adjustable razor.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. I am going to exclusively lather with Arko.

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
  3. I am going to exclusively lather with Arko AND use an adjustable razor.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I am going to exclusively make fun of the shavers, who lather with Arko.

6 vote(s)
    26.1%
  5. I am going to exclusively shave with whatever suits me.

16 vote(s)
    69.6%
  6. I abhor exclusivity, therefore I am going to sulk and eat cookies.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

It won't be a problem because they will be in separate boxes. There won't be any sibling rivalry between these two.

jgreenepa, 9nein9, clint64 and 2 others like this.
  2. Trigger

I think they would need a bigger plane. Lol!

Last edited: Apr 27, 2021
  3. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

:D

4. Brickman301

Brickman301 Well-Known Member

Well, I haven’t posted in a few days, and WOW this thread has been very busy!
    I’ve been shaving just not posting. Been looking on here when I get the time. Work has been extremely busy. I’ve been starting a bunch of projects. I love to be busy at work, but here lately it’s been extreme. On top of all that, my wife has been having some health issues lately. In the last few months, she just hasn’t been feeling well. It all started with her having high blood pressure. She went to see her doctor, and he sent her to the ER. They started her on BP meds , and everything seemed ok. Then she started swelling, around her stomach and feet. They have been running test and have diagnosed her with liver issues. She’s one step past a fatty liver. She has since changed her diet, and has been exercising more. She going to have an endoscopy down her throat tomorrow morning, to see what else might be going on. She goes to the cardiologist next week. Hopefully, she also gets in to see a dietitian next week as well.
    So there’s why I haven’t posted anything in a few days. I’ll probably be posting, and poking around here tomorrow, as I’ll be waiting on her at the doctors office tomorrow.

I really wanted to switch soaps this evening, but didn’t. I said I would use nothing but Arko for the entire month of April. So as promised “Arko April” continues for a few more days.

Tonight’s shave
    King C Gillette DE razor
    Voskhod blade
    Arko soap
    Ever Ready badger brush
    Barbasol Brisk aftershave [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brit, Hembree, jtspartan and 13 others like this.
  5. Dave in KY

Dave in KY On second thought, Buttercup

Nice shave and hope they can get to the bottom of things for your wife. Health issues ----- STINK

6. Brickman301

I was out for work earlier today, and stopped by a Target store and ran across something I’d never seen before. It’s a new shaving cream made by Gillette. It’s part of their new “environmental line”. That has nothing to do with why I purchased it, I just wanted to try it.

I won’t be using it until next month, but wanted to know if anyone here has used this stuff?
    A quick look and it’s seems to have good reviews, but as always YMMV. For $8, I figured it’s cheap entertainment. [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paul Turner, brit, Hembree and 12 others like this.
  7. Brickman301

Thanks! I hope so too. I hate seeing her feeling miserable. Kinda crazy that they think it’s her liver. She never carried any extra weight, and rarely drinks alcohol. I on the other hand, could definitely loose some weight. I spend half my day in the office, and the other half on the construction sites. When I was in the field working hard all day, I could eat whatever I wanted, I’d burn off the calories. Not so much anymore, I just don’t have to work like that anymore. Oh, the days of being 180 pounds of pure muscle are over.
    Of course, since her eating and exercising habits have to change, mine will too. I have already been walking a few miles with her, every other day. We eat pretty healthy, but some of the stuff we like to eat isn’t good for the liver. I really want to talk to the doctor about the diet plan, so we know how to move forward.

Hembree, jtspartan, Keithmax and 8 others like this.
  8. Trigger

Praying for your wife's health issues Andrew.

Hembree, jgreenepa, 9nein9 and 2 others like this.
  9. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Sorry to hear about your wife's health issues. Best wishes for a quick recovery.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

10. Brickman301

Thanks Joe. It means a lot!

11. Brickman301

Thanks! She’s pretty tuff. I mean she has too be. She’s been married to me for 21 years. Lol.

Hembree, jtspartan, jgreenepa and 4 others like this.
  12. Trigger

I have heard of it via YouTuber IAMCDB. He reviewed that cream and the Gillette Planet Kind razor. He states it is a bright smelling cream and you can see that it makes a good lather. I suggest starting the video at the 3 min mark to avoid the introduction segment. Hope this helps Andrew.

brit, Hembree, jtspartan and 4 others like this.
  13. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

As permanent as a Security post is. The company can lose the contract or things like that. But as long as nothing blows up it is my post.

brit, Hembree, jtspartan and 6 others like this.
  14. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Chris is pretty cool. We regularly comment on each others videos.

15. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

Thank you Gary.:cool:

brit, Hembree, jgreenepa and 3 others like this.
  16. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

Thanks, Danny.:cool:

17. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Thanks Barry :)

18. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Thanks Danny :)

19. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

My lips are sealed :)

wchnu, brit, Hembree and 3 others like this.
  20. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Going good up this way Thanks . Hope you're doing well also:)

wchnu, Hembree, jgreenepa and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.