April 2021 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion. ALL ARE WELCOME!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Primotenore, Mar 31, 2021.

?

What are you shaving plans for April?

1. I am going to exclusively use an adjustable razor.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. I am going to exclusively lather with Arko.

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
  3. I am going to exclusively lather with Arko AND use an adjustable razor.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I am going to exclusively make fun of the shavers, who lather with Arko.

6 vote(s)
    26.1%
  5. I am going to exclusively shave with whatever suits me.

16 vote(s)
    69.6%
  6. I abhor exclusivity, therefore I am going to sulk and eat cookies.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ischiapp

ischiapp New Product Bloodhound

Thank You

9nein9, jluc, clint64 and 2 others like this.
  2. Dave in KY

Dave in KY On second thought, Buttercup

Do you have the Alloy or the Stainless Steel ? How is the weight/ feel of the razor? I too take pause whenever I see one.........
    No I fell off the wagon on the Cucumber Melon and wanted to get back to a 1508.5 due to the example of Joe @JACarbone The T&S is a great base that I enjoy. Easy to lather and easy to get a nice consistency of whatever your preference is. Stable and slick.

3. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

86D39CE1-E8D7-49F5-AB6C-4EFE9FB88FAF.jpeg

DE Shave # 334

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Rod George Catacomb 2
    Blade: Gillette 7 O’Clock (Green)
    Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T2 Sovereign Synthetic
    Lather: Ginger's Garden Obsession Type (1508.5 April Modification Project)
    Aftershave: Obsession A/S Balm
    Additional Care:
    Stirling Alum Block
    Stirling Tea Tree Witch Hazel
    Good morning gentlemen. Hope you all have a fantastic day. A wonderful three pass shave with the RG Catacomb 2 razor with a voluminous lather whipped up by the T2. This shave was comfortable without an mishaps. The alum report was silent without an “heat” flare ups. Looking good for the upcoming services for my mother-in-law.

Side note: Up coming razor to the den, F A Clauberg Cooper King, restored with new scales and a fresh hone at the Sandpoint Spa. Looking forward to shaving with this one. Also, the Thistle razor will be retuning to the den as well.
    5F4D012D-2AA2-4728-9403-611E36CB51F4.jpeg
    Hope you have a great day gentlemen.

4. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    It has musky elements, but I think I finally figured out what the main accord is. I imagine a light smoker, well-kempt, hygienic, wearing a flowery fragrance. Not an ashtray; not a chain-smoker; mos def© NOT nasty cigarette breath, but the "aura" of cigarette tobacco on that person. Somehow, quite comforting.

5. Dave in KY

Cool handle on that razor for a wonderful shave Joe. Gorgeous results from the spa day on the straight too. Have a great day !

JACarbone, jluc and clint64 like this.
  6. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Thanks Jason.

JACarbone, jtspartan, Trigger and 2 others like this.
  7. Dave in KY

Williams Wednesday

Wednesday April 7, 2021
    Razor: Ever Ready 1914
    Blade: Gem Personna SS (1)
    Brush: Klenzo Boar
    Soap: Vintage Williams
    AS 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
    AS 2: Aqua Velva
    Fragrance: Nautica Blue

Not much to say about the great lather from vintage Williams. I probably have enough backups for my grand-kids, if I had kids.....The Klenzo with the old and cheap Chinese Boar didn't shed a single hair meaning this one may stay in the brush. I has a HUGE glue bump but still a nice presentation for such a little brush and easily will build and hold 3 passes worth of lather. May need to clean up the handle and refinish at some point as well as Paint the white in the rubber part of the handle. This 1914 is a replacement head for the cased one I bought. If you follow along here you know it had a cockeyed head and while this one looked fine when the blade was loaded, in the end I noticed the same offset on this one. Maybe they are known for it. Still got a great smooth shave as expected but I wish it was straight. The Razorock handle paired well with it. It came in a small lot purchase so it was put to use because............................because I could and like how it looked. Have a Stupid Fun Day Everyone !

IMG_20210407_060136149.jpg IMG_20210407_061425741.jpg IMG_20210407_061609151.jpg

8. Hembree

Thanks Jason

Trigger, JACarbone, jluc and 2 others like this.
  9. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Wonderful shave Bill

10. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Super Shave Dave

Trigger, Hembree, jluc and 1 other person like this.
  11. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Patrick.

12. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Jason.

JACarbone, Trigger, Hembree and 2 others like this.
  13. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Wonderful shave lineup and photo Joe. The restored razor looks fantastic.

14. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Excellent shave report and photo Dave. I see the offset as well. Maybe you can straighten it out.

15. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

[​IMG]
    Hump day happy shave. Everything just works with this set up. The Proraso is dead easy to face lather, the plisson brush is just right with a touch of scrubiness, the ATT razor is almost perfect (if I ever find the perfect razor I’ll stop buying) and the Proraso after shave is so nice. My dear friend gave me the Gucci Guilty as a divorce gift and she told me I could just try to smell nice for myself. I like it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Love the B&W photo Troy. Happy Hump Day.

JACarbone, Trigger, Hembree and 2 others like this.
  17. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

April 7, 2021
    OneBlade Genesis V2
    Feather FHS-10
    Mondial Boar
    Mike’s Bay Rum
    Dominica Grand Bay Rum Aftershave

[​IMG]

Happy Hump Day Everyone. Since I have a follow up appointment with the Neurologist today, I wanted a guaranteed drama free shave. Accordingly out came the OneBlade Genesis V2. This is certainly among my favorite razors. The Mondial boar loaded and lathered Mike's Bay Rum with ease. I really enjoy the straight forward no nonsense bay rum scent. Three passes and touchups caught the little guy with ease. I hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday.

18. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Thanks, Jason.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

19. Hembree

20210406_221255.jpg
    Above the Tie head with R1 plate on the Snap-On handle

Astra SP (3)

Delrin handle synthetic brush

Soap Commander Unity shave soap

American Tobacco by Andy Hilfiger cologne

Excellent Soap Commander lather this morning. It is hard to beat the Soap Commander......good stuff.

The ATT head was good for three smooth drama free passes. Surprisingly the razor was easy to handle with the larger than usual handle. The Snap-On handle provided good grip and I like the soft feel of the handle. I'm surprised that no one has offered a handle for a DE similar to this but a little smaller.

Finished up with some Witch Hazel and a few squirts of American Tobacco by Andy Hilfiger.

Happy Wednesday gentlemen.

20. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Fabulous shave and great looking razor

Brickman301, Trigger, clint64 and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.