April 2022 30 Day Rule/Focus and Discussion. All Are Welcome!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Trigger, Mar 31, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Wonderful shave Gary. I have never tried the Col. Conk soap. Perhaps one day.

2. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

You’re welcome, Ralph! ;)

3. jgreenepa

Great shave, Daniel!

4. jgreenepa

Great shave, Gary!

5. brit

brit in a box

yes thank you Jeff.worked a short shift today,busy ,but no issues.:):eatdrink047:

MrDaniel's, Trigger and jgreenepa like this.
  6. brit

brit in a box

thank you Barry.i had this heavy crystal ashtray sitting around..and i rarely if ever use shave sticks as they are a pain to load the face or brush with..this combo smells nice and loads easily..:):eatdrink047:.i don't like stuff sitting around..;)..

7. brit

brit in a box

thank you Joe.nice scent- they are all quite similar on their own.and easy loading.i only had one of each so in the mix they went.;)

MrDaniel's, Trigger and jgreenepa like this.
  8. brit

brit in a box

thank you Joe..now a usable item ..;):eatdrink047:

9. kjbarth

kjbarth Well-Known Member

Thanks guys!

10. kjbarth

11. kjbarth

I figure it out right before I shave.

12. MrDaniel's

MrDaniel's Well-Known Member

Let's hope the next shave will be better!

brit and jgreenepa like this.
  13. MrDaniel's

Great shaves, gents!

14. MrDaniel's

Thank you, gentlemen!

15. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

I tried something different today with my soap. I blended a dab of lavender into the Col. Conk "Amber" soap. I first put some hot water on top of my Amber to bloom it. Washed face with HOT cloth. Applied TOBS Herbal Pre-Shave Gel. Poured water off the Amber soap into my mug to save for later face wash. I whisked the brush over my lather bowl and then added a small dab of the Castle Forbes Lavender cream. Whisked some of the best cream I have whipped up so far! RICH FOAMY LATHER. Brush was my Classic Shaving synthetic brush.

Razor of choice was my Parker 87R with a Parker blades second use. I can really feel the blade with this razor. It is one of the more aggressive razors I have.
    Alum block conditions the face. Almost no feedback from the alum. No cut's, nicks, or burn!

Finished off with a face wash using the bloom water and then Proraso after-shave balm.

I really liked this blend! REALLY rich lather. Thick. Made for a very slippery mix that gave me a very close comfy 3-pass shave.

DSCN5883.JPG

brit and MrDaniel's like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.