April 2022 30 Day Rule/Focus and Discussion. All Are Welcome!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Trigger, Mar 31, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

It took me awhile to dial in the brush because it was such a latherhog. I had to make sure that I overload the brush and then paint the lather on my face and neck before I use the circular motion. Otherwise, the lather just goes deep in the bristles and it makes it difficult to lather without squeezing the brush to release the soap. I find this to be the case with my two other badgers.

JACarbone, MrDaniel's and brit like this.
  2. brit

brit in a box

very cool.Crown Shave Co uses it as well,though not brushless.not tried the brushless clubman.seems counterintuitive to our cause..:D..

JACarbone, MrDaniel's and Trigger like this.
  3. Trigger

I am fortunate that I can use any razor, including my cleavers to shave under my nose.

4. brit

brit in a box

my latest badger was like that for a shave or so,then gave it the hair conditioner treatment.now it just works like it should..:)

JACarbone, Trigger and MrDaniel's like this.
  5. brit

brit in a box

absolutely.i have to keep things tidy with a trimmer on occasion.once where there wasn't hair there now is..:D:eatdrink047:..there's a quote..;)

JACarbone, Trigger and MrDaniel's like this.
  6. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

You're right-the Clubman Tub describers say it really is "hands-on"(my quote actually, :).

7. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I do some under-nose shaving with my nose-hair tool.

8. brit

brit in a box

:D

JACarbone and Trigger like this.
  9. MrDaniel's

MrDaniel's Well-Known Member

At least you made it work for you, which is the most important thing!

I had a mixed knot brush which was a lather hog too, it required a lot more soap than my other brushes. I ended up giving it to a friend, because the tips didn't get soft enough for my liking even after a lot of use.

These days I prefer synthetic brushes.

JACarbone, Trigger and brit like this.
  10. brit

brit in a box

this bad boy was a lather hog+..even creams
    upload_2022-4-2_15-32-31.jpeg now a meek and useful shave accessory:)

11. Trigger

I own 12 brushes, 7 are synthetic, 3 are badgers and 2 are boars. Synthetic brushes are great because the whip up creamy lathers fast and easy. However, my JR #386 Silvertip is my favorite and my Heritage Collection C-Mon Super High Density Badger is my second favorite. I like my 2 boars, the Omega and the Stirling brushes, but they shed bristles. I really can't complain about the Omega because
    the price was under 10 dollars. I was a little disappointed with the Stirling brush because I thought the quality would have been better given that their soaps are excellent.

12. Trigger

Well, I decided to stop in my local Rite-Aid drug store just to browse and to my surprise, I saw Pinaud Clubman aftershave on the shelve. A couple of months ago, the store didn't have any and asked if they were going to restock it. The answer was that they probably weren't going to do so. I have been to the same store a few times after my initial interrogation and it still wasn't on the shelf. So I figured that I would probably have to go on line and buy it with the addition of a shipping fee or go to a supermarket where they might stock it. Well, it wasn't meant to be until today. I bought the bottle of Clubman. Unfortunately, it's the 6 oz instead of the 8 oz size. I am OK with it, except the price is over 8 dollars which is what I paid when I bought the 8 oz bottle. Oh well, that's the breaks, but I got my Pinaud Clubman and will use it for tomorrow's shave with the Arko soap.

13. brit

brit in a box

anniversary shave
    46-7 aristocrat
    nacet
    mr.ee #002
    stirling sandpiper
    ysl la nuit de l'homme

[​IMG]

Hogie, ewk, JACarbone and 2 others like this.
  14. MrDaniel's

Looks good!
    JR brushes are beautiful, no wonder it's your favorite!
    All boar brushes I've tried shed more or less. My current Semogue might lose a hair or two, not every shave though. My previous Semogues were similar, gave them to friends to get them started up. I had an Omega 49 as well, and it did shed every now and then.

I think the best thing about boar brushes is the low cost and breaking them in with use.

I currently have only four brushes, two synthetics from RazoRock, DSCosmetic synthetic and the Semogue. I've been thinking about getting another synthetic, but there is so many different kinds of knots that I wouldn't even know where to begin.

15. MrDaniel's

Gotta love Clubman. Even if it's a bit overpriced (6oz over here is roughly 15€).
    Great shave, Gary!

16. brit

brit in a box

:eatdrink047:

17. brit

brit in a box

thank you Daniel.up for tomorrow am..20 years..:):eatdrink047:

18. Trigger

Happy Anniversary to you and the Mrs.!

19. Trigger

If you don't have a cashmere knot (white synthetic), then I highly recommend one because they are very soft. Unless of course, you prefer something else.

20. brit

brit in a box

thank you so much my friend..been a fabulous journey so far.:):eatdrink047:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.