Aqua Velva or Skin Bracer? ?

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by Pop Pops Razor, Jun 9, 2014.

1. Pop Pops Razor

Pop Pops Razor Active Member

Which is the old school cool? ??
    I personally like both. AV is a cool spice basically, SB a pine vanilla.Both are menthol cool. I like the scent of Aqua better but the cool of SB better. There's more menthol in skin Bracer and it lasts longer both in feel and scent. I currently have both. I tend to use SB more in warm to hot weather. I do miss the glass bottles though! !

Paulie and crackstar like this.
  2. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I haven't used Skin Bracer since the 70s. I use Aqua Velva not. I guess it would be nice to give SB a retry. Thanks for the nudge.

crackstar likes this.
  3. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I'd say AV. I add a pile of menthol crystals to my bottle. :Animatedfrozensmily:

crackstar and Omelmad like this.
  4. figment714

figment714 Well-Known Member

I use them both, and pump up the menthol in both as well.

crackstar and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  5. Adonis

Adonis Well-Known Member

Well I just jumped on the Aqua Velva train so I suppose I should hook up the Skin Bracer caboose too! lol

6. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout The Smart Bunny

I'm an Aqua Velva Man.

crackstar, dscaver and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  7. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Well, there is something about an Aqua Velva man.

crackstar, Paulie, Adonis and 2 others like this.
  8. Kilgore Trout

I truly like to think so. :)

crackstar and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  9. Pop Pops Razor

Pop Pops Razor Active Member

True I always get compliments from women when I wear Aqua Velva!
    Don't know what they see in it?

10. Kilgore Trout

Aqua Velva has libido stimulating pheromones. That is why they issued it in the Service.

Another government secret unveiled.

crackstar and Adonis like this.
  11. Bussemand

Bussemand Well-Known Member

I was born and raised in Norway, and up there beer and liquor isn't always as available as you'd like. The shops in our town had come to an agreement about not selling alcoholic beverages, so if you felt like a nice cool overpriced watery beer, you would have to drive 15km to the next town.
    If you didn't have a car and couldn't get your hands on some moonshine, there was always the toiletries isle at the local shops, and thus we get to the point of my little anecdote. The bums and alcoholics had the best smelling breath in town, when i was a kid. They were the true Aqua Velva men :eatdrink047:
    The only oldschool aftershave i like so far, is Floid, and only because it triggers some distant childhood memories.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2014
  12. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

Wow come to think of it, I recall seeing a fella buying AV two bottles at a time in the middle of Knox County TX. I didn't want to get close enough to him to find out how his breath was though.

Boojum1, crackstar and Jayaruh like this.
  13. tito catson

tito catson Active Member

Just bought aqua velva today! My grandpa uses skin bracer. I like both scents but haven't wore the aqua velva yet.

crackstar and Jayaruh like this.
  14. feeltheburn

feeltheburn Well-Known Member

<<

tuxxdk and Jayaruh like this.
  15. GeneRector

GeneRector Active Member

:happy088:Howdy! Both were popular when I was growing up. In high school one of my friends kept a bottle of Mennen's Skin Bracer in his car to apply before picking up his date on the weekend. I remember using both. In the 1960's there was a bunch of new aftershave and colognes that were marketed. Some of us guys tried almost everyone that came available. However, some were a little bit expensive so I stayed with less expensive ones over the years. I still have Aqua Velva in my rotation. I'll pick up a new bottle of Skin Bracer soon! Always, Gene

crackstar likes this.
  16. angrygio698

angrygio698 Member

AV MUSK!

gorgo2, Mr. Shaverman and crackstar like this.
  17. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I use and enjoy both, but I'd say I prefer the Skin Bracer for the scent and the AV for the availability. :)

Paulie and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  18. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

I don't like regular AV or Skin Bracer, but I'm a big fan of AV Musk. When Clubman SR is too much, AV Musk is just right.

GeneRector likes this.
  19. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

I like Mennen Skin Bracer. I also like Aqua Velva (She Who Must be Obeyed loves it) I have both and they are in my rotation. as is Brut,Old Spice.

20. FanofAceVentura

FanofAceVentura Well-Known Member

ever used Axe Chilled it has the manliness of aquavelva and the menthol of skin bracer and its a gel