*Archived* GemStar Customs

Discussion in 'Vendor's Corner' started by gssixgun, Jun 22, 2009.

1. gssixgun

gssixgun At this point in time...

Supporting Vendor
    Just added two more Elk Antler brushes to the website..

The first is an extra long 120mm overall the knot is a LowLoft overstuffed Silvertip 24mm

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The base is sealed with epoxy on the bottom, this is a real hand filling base, if you like a longer handle I think you will like this one..

The second one is a little fancier with a Brass and Amber base again with a LowLoft 24mm overstuffed Silvertip knot

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Both of these brushes are cut from the base of the antler so they flare out into you hand..

battle.munky likes this.
  2. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

Really nice using the base of the antler Glen. Looks almost naturally ergonomic.

3. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Ah, the noble Elk! Excellent work again!

4. gssixgun

Supporting Vendor
    Something new just starting so I will give somebody a great buy on this first one off the line... see it at www.gemstarcustoms.com

This is the very first set of one piece scales I have done, just did them as a challenge to see if I could [​IMG]

One piece scales are sometimes a real pain to get balanced, which is why I tend to stay away from them.. I used some Jatoba wood to make this for the stregth and the light weight, they are finished with Teak Oil then Renwax the pins are all Nickel Silver and SS washers.. I used Brass internal bearing washers...

The razor was a near perfect 7/8+ Eyre "Challenge" Sheffield razor that somebody must have stored wrong sometime in the past, the front 1/8 inch had to be taking off because of a broken tip/rust damage to that tip.. I cleaned the and polished the steel and still kept the stamps so they are visible, there is actually no hone wear showing on the razor... I honestly think somebody dropped it on the tip than it sat in a drawer someplace [​IMG]

The razor was honed out on my select grade Coticule, the actual edge is 2 3/4 inches long

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yes it does balance right to the tang [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. gssixgun

Supporting Vendor
    Also just listed on the website

This is a 11/16 Near Full Wedge razor stamped VR (Victoria's Reign) Silver Steel / Warranted on the front...The scales are Genuine Ivory.. This razor has been completely rebuilt the Ivory scales were cleaned and re-polished to a beautiful soft glow... The blade is a near perfect mirror, this razor looks to be about 1870's vintage to my eye, all the parts on it, except the pins and lock washers, are all vintage.. Imagine going back in time over 100 years and here she is the scales a near perfect too no chip cracks or warps.. The only fault on this razor is that it closes slightly off center, heck even the original lead wedge has been polished....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Razor is honed up, finished on a Select Grade Coticule, stropped and ready to shave.... for sale on my website

Sorry no International sales on Ivory Scaled razors...

6. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Here you go again. Making us all drool! :signs107:

7. Williams Warrior

Williams Warrior Well-Known Member

That second one is magnificent.

8. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

I really like the first one.
    :happy088::happy088: on both.

9. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

Classy as usual Glen!

10. DonR

DonR Active Member

Beautiful razors Glen.

11. gssixgun

Supporting Vendor
    Vintage "DFS" Razor

Brand: Henckels, Twinworks

Model: 18

Steel: Carbon

Size: 5/8

Grind: Full Hollow

Point: Square

Scales: Celluloid

The razor has been cleaned and put back into original scales, it is as close to mint as can be and includes the original box.. There is no hone wear, so the price includes honing, but it has not been honed yet, I will wait for the new owner to decide on that...

[​IMG]

fishcrow likes this.
  12. Williams Warrior

Williams Warrior Well-Known Member

I wish I would have known about these last week before I bought a new razor, I'd have bought that barber's notch.

13. fishcrow

fishcrow Birdman of TSD

Sweet looking razors.

14. tomnat

tomnat accepting applications

:drool: Me likey, likey

15. Billr

Billr Mix Master Mighty White!

Love them all but that one piece is FANTASTIC!

16. gssixgun

Supporting Vendor
    I am adding these on the website as I finish them up... I have had a few razors sitting in the shop that I acquired by way of trades and I have finally had enough time to get them cleaned up and ready for sale..

This is a Marsh Bros Pond Works "Roxo" out of Sheffield Eng.

I had to do quite a bit of work to the blade so while I was at it I re-contoured the edge which had been honed wrong, back into a nice gentle smile the size is 6/8- Which means it was a 6/8 blade and has the heavier tang, but is now at just under 6/8 because of the fix...

There razor was completely torn down and polished up inside and outside all new Brass washers and pins with the original "Wood Look" celluloid scales...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Honed on my select grade Coticule this is an excellent starter razor and shaves easily with that gentle smile it is also priced very nice...

GDCarrington likes this.
  17. gssixgun

Supporting Vendor

Thanks Bill much appreciated, as that was something new to me... I think if I get some time this weekend I am going to try doing a set in something a bit harder to work, maybe some Lignum :p

18. gssixgun

Supporting Vendor
    I have a few coming up for sale on the website.. I'll just post some pics here and if yer interested you can hit the "For Sale" page on the website for more info and prices... www.gemstarcustoms.com

WKC "Weyersburg, Kirschbaum & Cie" Solingen 6/8

[​IMG]

Linden "Silver Steel" Sheffield 6/8

[​IMG]

Torrey Worchester Mass 5/8 "Barber's Notch"

[​IMG]
    This an Adrian & Stock completly restored down to re-bluing the spine and tang 5/8 Solingen steel

[​IMG]

I have done a couple of "Restores for Trade" deals so there will be several more razors coming up as I clean them up and hone them..

There are a couple of Elk Antler brushes coming out of the shop in the next few days too

Thanks for Looking

Asd and alpla444 like this.
  19. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

Very nice Glen, So whats your fave/goto razor?

20. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Very nice!