Are most of you clean shaven or do we have any partial beards

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by chuckorc, Jan 31, 2014.

1. chuckorc

chuckorc Member

I'm just curious, I have a partial beard into a goatee and have a little issue with getting close on the neck. I didn't see too many threads for partial beard tips.

2. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I grow out a mustache for about 2 weeks to give my upper lip area a break. But I'm mostly clean shaven.

3. Lexicon Devil

Lexicon Devil the Liberace of shaving

Clean shaven here, I could never get a beard past the "crazy itchy" stage without giving up and shaving it.

4. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

I have a mustache and goatee.

5. TSimons

TSimons not allowed near railroad tracks

Sporting a van dyke but thinking about shaving it off...

6. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Had a handlebar 'stache up until a few days ago.:sad023:
    I'm looking for work so I figured taking the 'stache off would make look younger - boy, did it ever!
    However, I WILL be growing the handlebar back after I get a job! :)

7. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

Van dyke here. I've only been completely facial hair free for about 2 weeks since I was about 20. I turned 50 last fall. I just shave up to the edge of my facial hair and keep it trimmed with electric trimmers.

8. HoosierTrooper

HoosierTrooper Steve-less in Indiana

Another Van Dyke here.

9. 2grubswrestle1

2grubswrestle1 Active Member

Partial goatee.....no mustache

10. CyanideMetal

CyanideMetal Wild and crazy guy

+1

11. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I have been clean shaven for about three years now.

12. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

High School kids can grow a better beard than I can. It comes in red so it takes forever for it to look decent.

Currently, I am clean shaven, but have had a Van Dyke, Goatee, Lemmy, and Hulkster at different times in the past. Facial hair is fun.

JRod22 likes this.
  13. JRod22

JRod22 Well-Known Member

Used to keep a closely trimmed beard ever since I was able to (probably around 20 yrs old). Once I got into the brush and safety razor routine, I like shaving too much to let my facial hair grow. Might pull or the beard look in the future at some point again.

Edit: I did participate in Movember this year for the majority of the month. Until my gf refused to be seen in public with me.:happy102:It's safe to say I don't wear a mustache well. Something about a baby face and a mustache don't mix.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  14. Cool Breeze

Cool Breeze Sushi Shaver

Shave everything but goat tee every day, goatee every other day. If I dont shave it every other day, it knots up and I have to comb it. My mug grows like its running a race.

15. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

The hubby is clean shaven, including his beautiful shiny head.

RaZorBurn123 and GDCarrington like this.
  16. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

I am usually clean shaved. Now that I work tons of hours and don't get much sleep, I'll probably shave every few days.

Also, I'm a National Guardsman and have to be clean shaved when I show up for for drill.

During the month, I can pretty much have whatever facial hair I want.

17. Stubbl E

Stubbl E Well-Known Member

I've always been one to grow out a full beard from time to time and it was the occasion of shaving my most recent beard off that led me to this wonderfully weird world of internet shaving forums! :rolleyes: I was fully bearded for about 6 six years this time around and left a goatee and tache when I shaved it back in October. The goatee is still long at bout 7 inches, and I'm somewhat on the fence re the moustachio.

18. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

mouche. sometimes.

19. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

When my enlistment is up, I'll start experimenting with facial hair. The things I won't have are those chinstrap beards, soul patches, or a stache... Maybe I'll have one for Movember.

20. BigT

BigT Well-Known Member

Van Dyke here.