Are There Any Shaving Soaps You Could Use Everyday?

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Weishi Warrior, Jan 22, 2013.

1. gadabout

gadabout Well-Known Member

When I first started wet shaving, I happened to pick Ray's of Colorado Bay Rum soap as the first soap I tried. I liked it so much, I had no intention of even trying anything else. Unfortunately, they changed the recipe and then it just become mediocre in my view. So I was forced to look elsewhere. I could probably use Ogallala Bay Rum soap every day, but I don't have to!

Weishi Warrior likes this.
  2. Monty Craig

Monty Craig Member

I haven't really used tat many soaps, but I really like the two Mamma Bear's soaps that were PIFd to me. One was Winter Wood, and the other was Vanilla Sandalwood! I really like both of these soaps. I also like C.O. Bigalow's menthol shave cream. Not sure which one wold win if I could only pick one. I am still interested in trying Tabac, Porasso, and the one stick Arko? So many choices, so little time.... :)

jeraldgordon and Weishi Warrior like this.
  3. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

I'm impressed. I'm sure you won't have much problem becoming proficient in English with your linguistic background, it will just take practice.

Weishi Warrior and crackstar like this.
  4. Metro

Metro Well-Known Member

I was gonna say Tabac, but after Craskstar's post I can only say WOW! I know only French and English, and barely enough to ask for a beer in spanish!

But yeah Tabac. On my first try I didn't like it because of the strong scent (definitely offensive if you don't like it). But it grew on me and is definitely the best performer I own!

Weishi Warrior and crackstar like this.
  5. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Thank you - you are very kind. :)

6. crackstar

I also wanted to say that a top-favorite soap of mine is TSD Iced Subzero - perfect for a menthol addict like myself!

7. JayPo007

JayPo007 Well-Known Member

I'm always trying new things and so far I really like these:

Soaps
    MWF
    RR Mudder Focker
    Tabac
    Vitos Super Extra
    Arko stick

Creams
    Palmolive Classic
    Speick
    Propraso
    T&H (any)
    Maca Root

8. Weishi Warrior

Weishi Warrior Well-Known Member

Jeff:

Do you speak Yiddish fluently?

crackstar likes this.
  9. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

DVH
    Tabac
    Sara-S's
    QED Wild Rose (but it's almost gone!)

Weishi Warrior and Sara-s like this.
  10. HoosierTrooper

HoosierTrooper Steve-less in Indiana

Vintage Williams
    Vintage Colgate
    Vintage Old Spice
    Vintage Barbershop
    Vintage Surrey
    Vintage Seaforth
    Vintage Rawleigh
    Vintage Palmolive

I use all of these, Williams the most, and would be happy to use only one every day, but, I don't have to!

11. Mitch

Mitch Active Member

Surprised no one said Cella. Well I'll say it then: CELLA!

12. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    I'm pretty sure he's pulling your leg, he's been posting on this forum in perfect English for years. I'm sure that reading and writing it are a bit more difficult than speaking it, especially for someone with his fluency.:p

13. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Actually, I use tabac almost every day.

14. crackstar

Yes, I do - like a putz I forgot to mention it as one of my languages! :ashamed001:

15. Erik Redd

When I was in graduate school, we had quite a few chinese students who could read and write technical english fluently, but had difficulty in verbal situations. A professor explained to me that was why he always wrote the assignments on the board. I guess they learned the language in chinese schools and colleges that included a lot of academic material in english, but didn't have the opportunity for a lot of english conversation, or verbal instruction.

Even today I sometimes encounter Indians recently arriving in the US who have a very good understanding of the english language, but I have difficulty understanding their spoken words because they speak differently, with different intonations and inflections on different syllables.

There are a lot more nuances to spoken language than written. You can say the same sentence in different ways and give it completely different meanings.

16. MikekiM

MikekiM Well-Known Member

Tabac... Proraso... Either of these could be my one and only..

17. Erik Redd

This brought to mind a time several years ago when I tried to have a business telephone conversation with a Brit who had a strong Cockney accent. I couldn't understand anything he said, and he couldn't understand my east Texas accent. After about a half hour we both just gave up.

18. Weishi Warrior

:happy097:

19. Weishi Warrior

I guess I am pretty easy to please in this category.

Inexpensive soap:
    VDH Deluxe

Artisan:
    TSD
    MamaBear
    Kell's

French:
    Institute Karite
    Provence Sante Green Tea
    (Have not yet tried MdC)

Italian:
    Proraso Sapone
    RazoRock (anything from their line)
    Cella
    TFS

German:
    Speick Stick
    Tabac

Spanish:
    Latoja Soap Stick

All time favorite lather:
    MWF!

Norseman likes this.
  20. crackstar

It is so difficult for me to hold a spoken conversation in English sometimes. I can read and write well in English and as long as there isn't too much slang I understand about 90%. When I first arrived here in North America I was able to only say a few words. I could not even really ask for directions because my knowledge of English was so low, and also because French is my preferred language after Hebrew. As a young kid, I was educated in French.

azsteelman and PLANofMAN like this.