Arko Shave Stick

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by 1OldGI, Feb 27, 2010.

1. geneaut

geneaut Member

Sweet. I'll grab some on my next order.

2. Kevin

Kevin Member

Well I sure am glad you checked that out for us.:shocked003 Evidently YMMV in this. I get free shipping from Amazon for almost everything.

Also I just looked at Amazon and they don't offer the $1.14 stick anymore....so ah...never mind......:signs081

3. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Ohhhhh, I cannot believe this--I found another Arko stick I forgot I had! :)

4. Dslazar9

Dslazar9 Took the Menthol-cratic Oath

I ordered my Arko Stick from TSD Store today, amongst way too many other items. Now......the......long....................wait.

5. Hairy Alaskan

Hairy Alaskan eww da toilet

Got my stick and other goodies today.

The Arko stick is a very nice product. It is super easy to use and is a no brainer when it comes to making good lather. A little goes a long way though. I rubbed the stick all over my face and could have gotten a couple days worth of shaves out of that lather.

I don't mind the scent. It smells a lot like lemon Pledge which is ok by me. It is a little drying though. Definitely need to clean the skin afterward with Witch Hazel or a quick wash.
    This one stick alone will probably last me a year. Actually it will last me several years as I already have about 10 creams and 4 soaps in rotation and more coming in the mail:D

6. Gnetics

Gnetics New Member

Ive been using ARKO stick for the last couple of months in my rotation and its great. DOnt really mind the scent too much, and its awesome for travel incase you forget it or drop it whatever you wont feel bad as if u where to loose the Irisch Moos or Valobra! haha:happy102

7. Mynorx

Mynorx New Member

I know what this smells like....

just ordered some of this Arko shave stick soap. I haven't shaved with it yet but this stuff smells like a laundry soap called "ZOTE" its used in Latin America and its got tallow in it as well. I think its sold at the local 99 cent stores and markets (if you wanna compare the smells). here is a link to the manufacturers website if you read the bottom it states that its distinct smell comes from citronella. just shave with this before your outdoor activities and the mosquitoes wont bother you!

http://www.zote.com.mx/english/about.htm

8. 1OldGI

1OldGI New Member

My son says it smells like feet but for me it's just that kinda old school soap smell (i.e. Ivory or Williams)

9. Dslazar9

Got my Arko stick today!! I got a lot of other stuff with it so I'll do something my Iced Pink Grapefruit today for Menthol Monday and try the Arko Tomorrow. I love the smell-it reminds me of those Pez candies.

10. Mynorx

Mynorx New Member

it is...

it is citronella if you read on the arko label right above the price scan. it states citronellol as one of the ingredients

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citronellol

i guess this stuff is used as an insect repellent and a mite attractant. they also use citronella in out door candles. I like the smell. its not bad. Im going to shave with it tomorrow.

11. Dslazar9

So I can get a great shave AND keep the Mosquitoes away-clever invention.

12. Dslazar9

Great Stuff. Fantastic protective lather and quite a nice refreshing smell-as I said like the Pez candies. Thanks Kevin for starting this thread and bringing Arko to my attention. Now I just need a pill bottle big enough to contain it-I've got it sitting in my scuttle now, maybe I'll just keep it there.

13. sffone

sffone Member

I either really, really hate the stuff or I really, really like it! I'm having a hard time deciding which. :think002

14. Mynorx

Mynorx New Member

containers

twist up containers for your shave sticks 95 cents each but shipping is about 5 bucks so to make it worth your while you might have to get some other things. mamabear soaps carries this container for 1.75 shipping is less expensive and you can also pick up some soaps at that shop.

http://www.elementsbathandbody.com/2-oz-Natural-Twist-up-Tube-pr-486.html

by the way I used my arko shave stick today and it was pretty awesome. that stuff blows up in your face. lather is nice and thick and wholesome just like speick, the only thing that sux is the lack of a container. but you can get those cheap. the scent is not my fav but. once you lather it you cant really tell and it does not linger or anything. I really like it!

15. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    There is a "stick" in the middle of those containers, just like your average deodorant container. Works fine for melting and pouring a soap in. Not so well for the other variety.

Let me look around, I'm pretty sure there is a tube with no stick. You just push it up from the bottom.

16. Mynorx

Mynorx New Member

good one

good looking out, I had not noticed that. :ashamed001

17. shavejunkie

shavejunkie New Member

Dangit 1oldGI you gave me SAD!!!!!!! Wanna sell a stick or trade a stick of palmolive?

18. Gnetics

Gnetics New Member

You can find cheap Push up deodorant at your local $1 store..I just cut off the deodorant, clean in hot water. Double broil the arko, or grind up and mash in there..I also added some citrus orange scent this time and it worked out. :D

19. 1OldGI

1OldGI New Member

Low budget fix: They fit perfectly into a large prescrpition medication bottle. a poked several holes in the lid. I simply store the shavestick in the inverted bottle between shaves. Works well, lasts a long time

20. Dslazar9

PERFECT! Thank you.