Art of Shaving

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by Mrkrys, Aug 19, 2012.

1. TheFiveO

TheFiveO Well-Known Member

When you put it into those terms, $8.00 month is quite reasonable. I think for those of us, and you may well be one soon, who have a plethora of shave items (creams,soaps,etc) buying AOS would get to be a very expensive habit. Especially when you consider how many shave creams and soaps are in the $6-$12 range.

I guess an analogy would be if you only drink once a year or so, then Dom Perignon really isn't that expensive. However, if you are drinking everyday, then it would be a REAL expensive habit!!

2. TheFiveO

TheFiveO Well-Known Member

Yeah...what he said!!

3. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

hmmm... $8 a month = $2 a week. Shaving every other day is 3 shaves a week, almost 70 cents per shave, just for the soap.

Personally I feel I can do just as well spending much less. As I said, great product; way overpriced.

Hey, if you like it, if you can afford it, go for it. I'm with Brian, "It's all worth what you feel it's worth."

4. Mrkrys

Mrkrys New Member

I guess I feel it's cheep because I'm coming off cartridge shaving.

5. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I never really freaked over the AOS creams. The sandalwood-scented one was quite nice, but I much prefer the new Proraso Sandalwood.

Norseman and GDCarrington like this.
  6. wolf5150

wolf5150 New Member

AOS does seem to be overpriced. I should not complain because I received the AOS Sandalwood set as a gift, which brought me into the world of wet/DE shaving. Aside from the price, I am pleased with the AOS shave cream; good lather, great scent, smooth shave. After a little over 2 months, I am needing to replenish my shaving cream. I really dig the sandalwood scent, so I decided I am going to try out Taylor of Old Bond Street. It's priced at about half of what I would pay for AOS.

My only worry is if I will find an after-shave balm equal to AOS, which I really like. The cool things is that I won't need to replenish that guy for months to come. A little goes a long way.

7. PadreTex

PadreTex Well-Known Member

I have the lavender soap--it's what I learned to face lather with. It's a nice soap and it will be in my rotation until it's gone. As everyone says, it's pricey. However, I have to say that their ingrown cream is about the best I have ever tried. It works and I try to keep it around although it's about $40.

8. kaleoaal

kaleoaal New Member

I"ve only tried their cream, sandalwood to be precise.
    I really liked it, great performing cream; the price is a downer, but their sandalwood smell is amazing, I like it, a lot.
    I'm looking around some online stores in the Europe-region that carry the AoS Sandalwood cream, but sadly my usual go-to places don't carry it anymore.
    I'm looking to buy another jar, if only it were purely for its scent.

9. oscar11

oscar11 Well-Known Member

AoS soaps, good stuff. I'll continue to use it. There are a bunch of good soaps out there, use what you enjoy.