Assured Safety Razor AND blades @ Dollar Tree for $1!!?

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by tazorac, Jul 5, 2018.

1. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Hold my beer and watch this....

Really not that bad. The chinese blade is not as smooth as some. It actually did a good job. One of the doors is a touch funky but eh... no worries!

178-bplatoon, Enrico, RyX and 3 others like this.
  2. terstation

terstation Active Member

For $1 it makes for a great travel razor. You lose it and you aren't all that concerned. I have only used it a couple of times (with a Voskhod) and it gave a pretty decent shave. Will it become a regular part of my rotation, probably not, but all in all not bad. I went through all of them at my local Dolar Tree and found 10 that look most aligned and will keep them to PIF to folks wanting to try out wet shaving.

RyX, Hembree, Jayaruh and 1 other person like this.
  3. jaro

jaro the dread and the fear

That was my very first de razor. Its okay and i still have it. I originally got it for travel but discovered I liked it so i got more de razors then shavettes and straights and more and more ! The blades that come with it are not that bad just dry the blades after use. They are good for introducing someone to DE or whatever.

178-bplatoon, terstation, RyX and 2 others like this.
  4. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

Nice!
    tp

RyX and Hembree like this.
  5. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Picked one up but I have not tried it yet.

RyX and Terry like this.
  6. jaro

jaro the dread and the fear

:taunt002: come on you know you want to..... :sick002: what do you got to lose.......heheheheheheheheeheh:D:D:D:D:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

dr evil.gif

Last edited: Jun 30, 2019
  7. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

Just another blade holder Danny.
    Try it, you'll like it!
    tp

Hembree, RyX, 9nein9 and 1 other person like this.
  8. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Give it a go. Might surprise you.

Hembree, RyX, 9nein9 and 2 others like this.
  9. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Send it to me if you dont use it . I'll shave with anything...really I will.

Hembree, RyX, Terry and 1 other person like this.
  10. Leclec13

Leclec13 Well-Known Member

I picked a few up. I have not used it yet either, I have given a few a way with a tuck o nicer blades. I am not afraid to use it i am still running tests (kinda 30 day rule ish) on last DE razor I bought and have another waiting to test. I only use DE occasionally so it might be a while. I am encouraged to hear it is not. A total lemon

Hembree, RyX, 9nein9 and 2 others like this.
  11. RyX

RyX DoH!

It'll cost more to ship that it's worth! Still a noble experiment Patrick. Might keep you out of the tableware drawer for a couple shaves?
    id-buy-that-for-a-dollar.png

Hembree, brit and 9nein9 like this.
  12. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

I tried . You should have seen the look on my nephews face when he showed me his new draw knife and I said I'd shave with it.
    Would also like this to go on record ; I have NOT pilfered any tableware for shaving purposes since the MAYhem episode of 2018. I am guilty of scanning the drawer though for potential canidates .

Hembree, Terry and brit like this.
  13. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

But to be honest really nothing mayham about the shave with one. Just another shave really.

Terry, 9nein9, Hembree and 1 other person like this.
  14. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

I know you will!

9nein9 likes this.
  15. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

I agree with you there.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2019
    Hembree likes this.
  16. PaleMoonBarbarian

PaleMoonBarbarian New Member

I bought 2 for $5 from ebay lol. They actually work pretty great. Best shave I ever had. First ever from a safety razor. Best shave ever. I've since gotten higher quality Safety razors like the Van. I used astra platinum blades because no way I'm using China blades with barbs. Astra platinum are the best I've had so far. Not one single ingrown hair. I have sensitive ass skin too. Just use beard oil stuff and then pre shave and then make sure you use aftershave/moisturizer and you're money.

17. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

So, your "ass" is sensitive? TMI. Quite a lot lot of work, just to shave your butt. Just saying.
    :happy096:

18. Robert1955

Robert1955 Well-Known Member

Honestly, I would buy one too at that price, but the blades would be binned without opening.
    Just use your preffered blade, not worth even one small nick from a cheap blade...some decent reports from the guys on here tho.

Hembree likes this.
  19. PaleMoonBarbarian

PaleMoonBarbarian New Member

There's always one of you inappropriate types. Gotta make innocent words perverse huh? Just sayin.

jaro and PLANofMAN like this.
  20. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Still funny. I knew what you meant, "Butt" I couldn't resist. Get use to it, around here. All in fun. :eatdrink047:

Ijustmissedthe50s, jaro and Leclec13 like this.