Asymmetric beard?

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by JacobN, Sep 7, 2017.

1. JacobN

JacobN New Member

Hi, I am a 16 years old teenager, who over the past months have grown this super-annoying "beard" in the right side of my neck. Yet, I haven't got as thick beard other places in my face than in the right side of my neck. The problem is when I shave, it is 100 percent smooth, allthough theres a long shadow of beard. It looks so stupid, what to do? :( (I use a Gilette razor).

Ps. I am VERY annoyed..

Thanks guys :)

RyX likes this.
  2. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Hi Jacob and Welcome to TSD. I fear this may be something that you have to wait for time to correct. You could try just shaving the thick patch and letting the rest of your bear grow out a little, maybe then it would be less conspicuous.

3. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

Welcome @JacobN!
    You might try Andrew's approach for now. As you get older it may self correct.
    You could always go for the scruffy look and just shave your neck. :)

4. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Welcome to TSD @JacobN
    Time heals all wounds young man. Be patient and enjoy your shaves.

5. TobyC

TobyC Well-Known Member

Give it time man, it'll even out. (Unless your old man has the same problem.)

You could wear a turtle neck shirt! :signs136:

Keithmax and Ijustmissedthe50s like this.
  6. Ijustmissedthe50s

Ijustmissedthe50s The Warnee

Make sure you know the grain of the place that annoys you. On my neck, there are three separate spots, all with different growing directions. So, even though you always hear to shave with, against and across the grain, that doesn't mean much if you don't apply it to each area of different patterns. Maybe that one place requires you to "against" grain in an entirely different direction than other areas.

AGHisBBS likes this.
  7. Yossarian04

Yossarian04 Well-Known Member

Welcome! I wouldn't worry about it too much right now! I'd say to shave it as close as possible without getting razor burn and just wait to see if the rest fills in. A shadow is much more appealing than a patchy beard. Also, don't worry about what the ladies think. At 16, just do what you like and focus on you.

8. HUF

HUF Active Member

Jacob,

Symmetrical beards just like symmetrical faces are very, very rare. The opposite is very common. May that annoyance be the biggest one throughout your life. Take it easy! :)

9. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

The last time OP commented was four months ago. I think he's left the building. :transport016:

swarden43 and Marine68 like this.
  10. william beer

william beer Well-Known Member

If your beard is the only asymmetrical thing in your life count your lucky stars. Enjoy the simple things in life - including a good close shave.

Zykris likes this.
  11. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

The kid posted. Then left. Probably hasn’t had to shave since September:)

Troy M likes this.