at the local HEB

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Erik Redd, Apr 4, 2015.

1. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

I was surprised to see this in the local HEB (a large grocery store chain in Texas). It's a start.
    upload_2015-4-4_9-17-16.png

Daytonkb, GDCarrington and BigMark like this.
  2. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

Awesome. We just found out HEB has purchased a few lots in the DFW are recently. I can't wait until they open up some stores. We have a few of their Central Markets but not the others.

GDCarrington likes this.
  3. JR Reyes

JR Reyes I scream for....chicken wings??

I grew up in south Texas surrounded by HEB, and love that store. I'm excited to hear that are expanding towards Ft. Worth.

@Omaney. I went to the central market and saw a small shaving section. I picked up some thayers.

4. mikewood

mikewood Well-Known Member

To be fair for the last year HEB, Kroger Target and Walmart all start and stop at VDH like products. They are not bad but I don't see them adding anything much more exotic. The razor and the brushes are good, the soap fair but I find the razors poor and very expensive. If I were given a set as a gift I would probably pitch it in favor of carts. Someone might do some research and find some good blades and be on their way. That's a good thing. I just wish I could get good blades at the store.

GDCarrington likes this.
  5. Tweezak

Tweezak Member

I was at Rite Aid earlier today and they had similar inventory but they also had Pinaud Clubman after shave lotion and a few other items that were missing from Fred Meyer's (Kroger) shelves. Still no blades though and the only razor for sale was the one that's being plugged by some bald "reality" show con man. That marketing works on someone, I suppose. I guess if it gets people interested in DE shaving and they move on to better products eventually then it's a positive. But I won't buy it as long as he's their spokesman. Now, if Kim Kardashian said it worked great on her legs I might at least take notice.

6. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Pretty cool.

7. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

The razor you reference (Weishi 9306/MTO/VDH) is actually a fine shaver, IMHO it gives newer shavers trouble because of its mild head geometry. I am using it this week as part of a blade test, and getting great results!

Check it out: NEW!!! April 2015 30 Day Rule/Focus Pic & Discussion Thread - MTO week

8. Tweezak

Tweezak Member

Is the mild geometry a problem because it forces you to use greater pressure? I'm very new to DE shaving and am eager to learn. I'm using a RazoRock that I picked up locally and I find it works great for me. Thanks for the reply.

Bama Samurai likes this.
  9. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Exactly my thoughts about geometry. You face will tell you when you have the right combo, and, as your skills strengthen, you may find that a wide range of blades/heads will give good results. Remember, you are "unlearning" the skill set you acquired with a DE.

The 4 skills of DE

1 Prep
    2 Lather Building
    3 The shave itself
    4 Post Care

If you like, come over and talk to the 30 day crew.... We love new wet shavers and have a lot of fun!

Find it >here<!

Good luck, be patient...and remember, shaving is technique driven. :)