ATRA...Schick Ultra Plus handle

Discussion in 'Cartridge Razors' started by sas71, Jul 20, 2010.

1. sas71

sas71 Member

i need a cheap handle for ATRA blades til i can snag a metal handle one for a descent price (not paying $30-50 on the bay for one)

how good is the Schick Ultra Plus ?

2. michiganlover

michiganlover Member

3. Slivovitz

Slivovitz Well-Known Member

To answer your question about the Schick handle, I don't know. Michiganlover's suggestion is probably a good one, although I haven't seen the Col Conk handle.

If you're patient enough, even on eBay you should find a genuine Atra handle for a lot less than $30-$50, at least if you don't insist on an unopened one. You could also search for a Contour handle, which is supposed to be the same. I found some at pretty low BIN prices, but will let you do your own search, so as not to advertise a particular seller. If you haven't already heard, though, the current Vector handle gets almost all bad reviews.

Good luck with your search, I still have my original Atra handles, and although they aren't my favorite razors, they're my favorite cartridge razors.

4. sas71

sas71 Member

there is a metal Contour handle on ebay now..BUT..if you look at the underside of it ..its black plastic just like that Col Conk handle..so its 95% metal. i may do a WTB on here for a Atra handle since people dont gouge you on the prices here. thank goodness for the Shave Den