Auction Heads up

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by rodd, Dec 20, 2008.

1. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

There is currently a razor listed on ebay as a Rocket, it is in a superspeed case, but the razor is actually an Aristocrat Junior. Don't let that part deter you, AJs are fantastic. If you look at one of the pictures, you can see a lot of brassing on the head, in fact the seller has been known to grind the plating right off the heads in the past. He has two pictures of just the head. I saw them and thought, wow, that is in great shape, and very shiny. I then notice that it is not the same razor at all, but rather a #66. I contacted the seller just in case it was a mistake, but they will not change it. I just wanted to let people know, because I would hate to see you taken advantage of. Here are some of the pictures:

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. sparky5693

sparky5693 Administrator Staff Member

Administrator
    Wow! That's not good at all.

3. superbleu

superbleu Active Member

Thanks for the heads up Robb, stuff like this is why I like to buy my razors on here rather than on Ebay.

Every transaction I have on TSD had has been great.

4. Truckman

Truckman New Member

I have to agree with superbleu, I'd much rather make my purchases here from you guys where I feel pretty sure I'm not going to get taken.

Thanks for the heads up rodd

5. ThePossum

ThePossum Member

How nice it would be if we could only announce the seller's eBay name so folks who frequent this board would know to stay away from this guy and his razors.

I almost bought a razor from him when the RAD first struck me. It was a very shiny Old Type but it had a huge crack in the handle and was just barely visible. No notice of the crack by the seller. Only reason I saw it was that I had just finished reading a post in another forum discussing the Old Style and the handle cracks. Wrote him about it and just blew me off telling me not to worry about it and asked what did I know about cracks. Just a jerk who preys on newbies and the unobservant buyers.

6. Bussemand

Bussemand Well-Known Member

How about a link to the auction so "we can see all the pics of the nice razor"?

7. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

8. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

But if I don't buy this, how else will I add class to my sink? :rolleyes:

9. Racso_MS

Racso_MS Enjoy Your Shave

This guy has been around for quite some time and those of you who have been around for a while know the deal with him. Those of you who are new to wet shaving...Buyer beware. I recommend you purchase your items from this and other legitimate shaving forums. Most are like me, money back gurantee...

Enjoy your shave... :D

10. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

That plating loss is too uniform. It looks like he ground it off. Lets find him and beat him up.

11. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Has anyone ever reported this guy to Ebay?

Those two pics are so obviously not the same razor. Even this blind girl can see that. Isn't that some sort of violation of Ebay rules??

Yes, I realize they may not actually do anything, but still....

12. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Ok, didn't realize who the seller was, but I've never paid too much attention to his auctions. But still those pics are obvious lies.

13. gatto

gatto *Not a dude*

ground it off? why would anyone do that?

14. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

Dont know. But the original post said the sell is known to do so. Not sure for what reason.

15. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

He has listed this razor before with pictures of the head showing saying that it was the ultra rare rocket that has a gold head. I think he ground off the plating that was remaining so that he could list it like it was a rarity rather than just wear.

I have reported two of his current auctions, but I have yet to see a reported auction disappear. It is worth noting that the pictures of the D4 fatboy he is selling are pictures of at least 3 different fatboys. Look at the date codes. There is a 4, oh there is a 2, and a D, and an F, oh, wow, the multi date code fatboy!

16. Larry T

Larry T Member

Auction

+1

I was watching this auction, had planned on throwing a bid at the end, but I hadn't looked at the pics closely. Good thing I checked in at TSD this morning!

Larry

17. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

Thanks for paying attention and cluing us in, Rodd. Way to look out for the home team!

18. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

Now that's Rocket abuse! Somebody should take away his sandpaper. :mad:

OK so what happens when a buyer gets a razor with deplated doors instead of those nice shiny #66 ones?

19. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

You file a claim through PayPal and discover just how bogus their "buyer protection" really is.

20. joseywales

joseywales Member

Agreed! When using Paypal, I always fund with my credit card. That way, if Paypal lets me down, I can always ask the card issuer to charge-back the merchant. This is the main reason most merchants hate American Express. AMEX will typically back their customer and NOT the merchant.