August 2018 30 Day Rule/focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by NCoxSTL, Jul 31, 2018.

?

What's your choice of an adjustable for August?

1. Fatboy

10 vote(s)
    30.3%
  2. Slim

8 vote(s)
    24.2%
  3. Black Beauty

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
  4. Toggle

1 vote(s)
    3.0%
  5. Schick "M"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  6. More than one

10 vote(s)
    30.3%
  7. Something else

12 vote(s)
    36.4%
  8. Dedicated Dark Sider - straights all the way!

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
  9. Arko with whatever I use.

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  10. Cookies. They're real. We saw them. There's proof.

12 vote(s)
    36.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

jtspartan, RyX, FaceScraper and 6 others like this.
  2. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Doug.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

That's a cool set up, Neal! Congrats on the excellent report from your doctor! :happy096:

Edison Carter, NCoxSTL, RyX and 8 others like this.
  4. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Thank you, Charlie!

Sent from my Galaxy using Tapatalk

5. Drygulch

Drygulch Snowballs

Whoop whoop! I like the soap and splash. Little razor a great to use. Had to use a smaller brush due tot the size of the container. DFS in three passes.
    9DC450A3-40CA-4C47-8432-BE4D49D1685D.jpeg

6. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

That is such a cool looking container for the splash. If it smells as good as it looks you have a real winner.

jtspartan, RyX, FaceScraper and 6 others like this.
  7. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Good picture Adam, and what @clint64 said about the container.

8. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

That was not a hint to rush you. I am looking forward to a Kampfe shave though.

NCoxSTL, FaceScraper, PLAla and 4 others like this.
  9. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

So final shave of August was with the Feather Artist Club SS. I wanted one because of folks around here...and one of you sent it to me. I need to use it more often. I am still one handed and will remain so.......just saying.

[​IMG]

And ye olde video. One weeper on my big ole chin. Not a bad shave at all.

10. Drygulch

Drygulch Snowballs

The scent is citrusy goodness. I can’t tell the other notes, but I like them. The non-menthol cooling lives up to its name. There was another product I used in high school called creeper. It started out normal, then within 30 minutes it crept up on you and got really strong. This splash does the same. Starts out a little cold, then gets really cold. Cold sticks around for a while, as does the scent. I tried to get this when it was released, and it sold out in under 3 minutes. I made a good trade for this set.

11. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Well, we are in a lightning delay in our high school football game at the moment. We are at our home stadium, thank goodness, so we were able to come back to the band room to escape it. The school opened the gymnasium and main lobby for the fans. You must wait 30 minutes after the last lightning strike, so it could be a while.

So I'm cooped up with over 100 sweaty teenagers who are hyped up and bored. Lucky me!

12. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Good luck Perry. Hope your team wins and everyone is safe. :happy088:

FaceScraper, PLAla, Drygulch and 4 others like this.
  13. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

That A.S. is a REAL Creed, isn't it?

14. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Good luck Perry. You might need it. :D

FaceScraper, PLAla, Drygulch and 2 others like this.
  15. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

A rule like that could be a little nerve-wracking. I mean, you get to the 30 minute count..........you really have to hope another one doesn't come at minute 31.

16. FaceScraper

FaceScraper Well-Known Member

Thank you Joseph! I thought today’s lather was pretty slick, but believe even more can be coaxed out of it. Hopefully tomorrow I won’t be rushed and can “play” with the lathering. So far, I like the soap.

17. FaceScraper

Thank you Clint! :)

PLAla, Drygulch, Linuxguile and 2 others like this.
  18. FaceScraper

Very cool setup, Adam!! And, great photo of it! Congrats on the haul.

clint64, PLAla, Drygulch and 3 others like this.
  19. AlDm

AlDm Well-Known Member

John, I can not exactly answer this question. But I can show the Gillette Rubie blades in 3 variants.
    The left box is very bad. No manufacturing date. The sign of the Russian standard is not there. The difference in the text with other boxes.
    The center is very good blades. The inscriptions on the blades are painted. Before the introduction of QR code.
    The right box. The modern edition. QR code. Laser engraving on the blade. I liked. These conclusions I made from my own experience of using these blades. Photos taken today.
    1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 6.jpg

John, я не могу точно ответить на этот вопрос. Но могу показать лезвия Gillette Rubie в 3 вариантах.
    Левая коробка - очень плохие. Нет даты изготовления. Знак Российского стандарта находится не там. Разница в тексте с другими коробками.
    Центр - очень хорошие лезвия. Надписи на лезвиях выполнены краской. До введения QR кода.
    Правая коробка. Современное издание. QR код. Лазерная гравировка на лезвии. Мне понравились.
    Эти выводы я сделал из собственного опыта использования этих лезвий. Фото сделаны сегодня.

20. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Nice setup Adam. I've always wondered if the quality of the Holy Black sets matched their presentation.

Sent from my Galaxy using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.