August 2019 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by NCoxSTL, Jul 30, 2019.

?

Will you be using Adjustables and/or Arko for August??

1. Yep. Adjustables and Arko both!!

9 vote(s)
    21.4%
  2. Adjustables yes - Arko no.

10 vote(s)
    23.8%
  3. Arko yes - Adjustables no.

5 vote(s)
    11.9%
  4. Some of both, some of other stuff.

11 vote(s)
    26.2%
  5. Still just here for cookies and ice cream.

13 vote(s)
    31.0%
  6. Straights - because they re the original adjustable.

8 vote(s)
    19.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brit

brit in a box

:D happy honing..

Linuxguile, Hembree, PLAla and 5 others like this.
  2. RyX

RyX DoH!

Cure time and pouring soaps into tubs. When you get an old school puck in a box it's possibly had more drying time. Artisans install the fresh hot soap into an air tight plastic tub and it's just not as dry as triple milled products. Didn't someone experiment with drying out a tube of cream? That's got to be disappointing seeing how much is left when the water drys up.
    Ever get into an argument with your inner voices & lose? Yup. Doh!
    There's a total of nine in three different colors still available. I was hoping they'd all be gone when I looked. No I didn't, but YOU can!

3. brit

brit in a box

thank you Terry..making the shaves great again..:)

4. brit

brit in a box

awesome shave and pic sir..

Linuxguile, Hembree, PLAla and 6 others like this.
  5. brit

brit in a box

very cool sir..

6. brit

brit in a box

cool shave sir..

Linuxguile, Hembree, PLAla and 6 others like this.
  7. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Thanks, Gary!

Linuxguile, Hembree, PLAla and 4 others like this.
  8. Trigger

I only use my barber's hone to freshen my razors. Any real honing, I use films.

9. Trigger

:happy088:

10. Trigger

:)

11. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

My woman likes to it too, likely for the same reason.

Happy Birthday Declan!

I remember going to a Farrell’s when I was still in short pants, for a birthday party we ordered the Pikes Peak.

He will faint or think I’m crazy. Make sure to take some pictures, I’m looking forward to hearing about it.

12. Trigger

Remember, you can be accurate, but not precise. Precise, but not accurate. However, the worst scenario is neither accurate nor precise, and the best scenario is when you are concurrently precise and accurate. You can eat figs, but not Sig Figs! Inside chemistry joke for Charlie!

Linuxguile, Hembree, PLAla and 8 others like this.
  13. Trigger

Keith, I will take pictures. When I showed him my vintage 15/16 near wedge Wostenholm, my 7/8 Friederick Herder and my 7/8 Friodur, his eyes lit up. He was holding them and doing the tree topping test for sharpness. To say the least, he was very impressed. He couldn't believe that I could shave with these heavy razors. Also, he smiled when he saw my 5/8 FW Engel because he said he has one as well. I guess it's rare that a barber's former customer would show a varied straight razor collection. Mind you, I have a small collection, but every razor is special. Anyway, I am looking forward to seeing his razors.

14. RyX

RyX DoH!

As you should be Terry! There's a stereotype of getting into wet shaving to save money. Fairly certain we stay in for the better quality shaves. I'm one that owned a can of what ever shave lather was on sale, a razor handle until they stopped making refills, and never thought about post shave products. For a good portion of many decades I was either goateed or fully bearded.
    I like spoiling myself.

15. brit

brit in a box

yes sir..:)

16. Trigger

:cool:

17. RyX

RyX DoH!

August Adjustables - Riding the Slim Train

Stirling Spice SS + Lime E.O.
    Omega Pro 10098 boar brush
    Suribachi bowl and cool water
    Gillette Slim on 9, Voskhod blade
    P&G Old Spice + Lime E.O.
    SOTD 08142019.gif Viewed the SOS thread for inspiration today. @ Steveclarkus & @ DaltonGang used Old Spice, but @ James Kleinkauf had WTP Lime in his photo. Joseph @Primotenore often splashes on his Lime Old Spice...! Since the top notes in Shulton OS include orange & lemon, a couple drops of lime worked well. I was aiming for two but think I dosed out 4 or 5 drops into the bowl and stirred up that creamy Stirling tallow with my currently oldest brush. Popped a fresh slice of Russian steel in my (not) favorite Gillette anticipating an acceptable but lack luster shave. Well, that's not what happened. Took a very nice 3 pass with the standard catch ups, thought I nicked my chin but saw no blood, and finished quite close and smooth. Lower neck stubble did not evade the wide open cap ridden Slim. Two drops of Lime E.O. in my palm and a splash of modern Old Spice finished the shave in good order. It's more than 30 minutes later now. The lime is fading as it does and the Old Spice is stepping up. Thanks for the Inspired Shave Gentlemen.
    Good Shaves Y'all!

AlDm, Linuxguile, Hembree and 12 others like this.
  18. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

Man oh man, time flies.

It is written, children are a heritage from the Lord..... blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them.

Happy 1st to the lad!

19. Trigger

:cool:

20. brit

brit in a box

nice shave sir..

Linuxguile, Hembree, Trigger and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.