August 2019 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by NCoxSTL, Jul 30, 2019.

?

Will you be using Adjustables and/or Arko for August??

1. Yep. Adjustables and Arko both!!

9 vote(s)
    21.4%
  2. Adjustables yes - Arko no.

10 vote(s)
    23.8%
  3. Arko yes - Adjustables no.

5 vote(s)
    11.9%
  4. Some of both, some of other stuff.

11 vote(s)
    26.2%
  5. Still just here for cookies and ice cream.

13 vote(s)
    31.0%
  6. Straights - because they re the original adjustable.

8 vote(s)
    19.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

August 25

G3 Gillette Slim
    Feather (4)

30 DC LE handle with Tuxedo knot
    C.O. Bigelow
    Alum, Thayers WH, USB & Clubman

My birth quarter Slim on nine loaded with a Feather on its fourth outing delivered a very close and comfortable shave. Two passes and a few touch ups provided a boo-boo-free, near-BBS (BBFNBBS ©) result. I had enough cream left over to shave the back of my neck, and I rinsed even more down the drain. I took care to leave both eyebrows intact.

I finished the equivalent of two large tubes of C.O. Bigelow shave cream. I highly recommend this cream if you're looking for excellent performance (easy lathering, good protection and slickness) combined with a refreshing shot of menthol. It's a top-tier, excellent bang for the buck shaving product, IMO. Next up is a container of Truefitt & Hill Sandalwood that I received as a gift. I enjoy Sandalwood scents, and this will be my first experience with T&H.

It has been a lazy Sunday around the house. The weather has been much cooler these past few days. We just returned from our second walk in the neighborhood. I'm back on my healthy routine today after enjoying the Full Meal Deal at a local Italian restaurant with friends last night. I hope you all are enjoying some downtime this weekend.

SOTD_082519.jpg
    C.O. Bigelow 082519.jpg

McCrae, RyX, Norcalnewb and 10 others like this.
  2. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Joe.

Norcalnewb, PLAla, Hembree and 3 others like this.
  3. brit

brit in a box

lovely shave Charlie, enjoy your afternoon..

RyX, Norcalnewb, PLAla and 6 others like this.
  4. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Very impressive shave and photo Joseph.

5. wristwatchb

Thank you, Gary. You too, my friend!

Norcalnewb, PLAla, Hembree and 5 others like this.
  6. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Lovely shave. Congrats on finishing the cream.

7. wristwatchb

Thanks Clint.

Although it was a fine shave cream, I am ready for a change. The T&H is my last container of shave cream in the den. I'm glad you're getting some much-needed R&R this weekend.

RyX, Norcalnewb, PLAla and 8 others like this.
  8. wristwatchb

British comedies are the best! We catch some of the classics on our PBS station. I'll never forget the good times my Mom, Bride, and I spent laughing at Keeping Up Appearances and The Last of the Summer Wine. Brilliant comedy, for sure, and nothing seemed to be off-limits. As you said, it was all very good-natured and never mean-spirited.

9. wristwatchb

That looks like a perfect setup to me, Patrick. As expected, solid technique prevailed over the Rambo razor with a Feather clamped between its jaws. Sorry to hear about Fido's nervous breakdown. The dogs here in my neck of the woods are more laid back.
    1.jpg

10. wristwatchb

David, welcome to the 30 Day Crew! It will be fun following your focus with the Slim. I hope you decide to stick around for a good while even your focus is complete. You have the den looking very well organized!

RyX, Norcalnewb, PLAla and 9 others like this.
  11. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Charlie, that is a very good setup and a nice shave! It's good to see you are maintaining a nice healthy lifestyle. Warning: Layoff the Italian bread you want to be known as slim like today's razor. Let Gillette keep the Fatboy title for its widest razor.

12. wristwatchb

Thanks Joe.

I will heed your wise words. I enjoyed way too many carbs last night. I plan to cut a wide path around that Italian joint for awhile. Having good health trumps the momentary joys of overindulging. Keep me honest and accountable, my brother!

RyX, Norcalnewb, PLAla and 7 others like this.
  13. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Charlie. It has been nice to relax some this weekend.

14. Trigger

Great shave, Joseph! I hope your singing O chicken fillet-o to the tune of O solo mio while cooking the chicken parmigiana, in keeping with the Italian theme.

15. Trigger

I still have that ice cream in my freezer! I vow to have a dish of it once a week. I just have to remind myself that I have to put in some more time in my workouts.

RyX, Norcalnewb, PLAla and 7 others like this.
  16. Trigger

Ok, I bought Music City Soap's Lavender and Ever, Amen. It is made by a Southern Co that promotes country music. I am not a country music guy, but one of the online store was not carrying it any longer so I bought two 6 oz tubs of soaps and 2 4 oz ( just under 120 ml) aftershaves for just appox 17 dollars. I never had lavender soap and for this bargain, I just had to try it. You good ole Southern guys, have you heard of this company and tried their shave soaps? I believe they only sell wholesale to stores and you would have to find a store that carries this brand.

17. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Thank you Clint.

Thank you Gary.

Very nice setup Charlie!

Hahaha. Good pic Charlie. That blade was LOUD when it hit my whiskers.

18. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Thank you, Gary. Life can be a strange road, but we gotta keep our chins up and out hearts open. I appreciate it, and hope to tell a similar story in a few years.

19. Bama Samurai

Rub the puck on your face.

20. Bama Samurai

There have been many, many days this year was this crowd was the only positive interaction in my life.

Trigger, RyX, Edison Carter and 10 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.