August 2020 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Primotenore, Jul 31, 2020.

?

How are you going to make AUgust your gold medal month?

1. I am going to choose only the gear that gives me my best shaves.

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. I am going to experiment with different gear to discover my gold medal shaves.

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. I am going to use any gear I want, because I can get a gold medal shave from anything.

14 vote(s)
    70.0%
  4. I am actually allergic to gold, so I am going to go for platinum medal shaves.

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  5. I am going to use Gold Medal flour and bake cookies, which have been noticeably absent recently.

7 vote(s)
    35.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I was more a Bugs Bunny Road-Runner kinda guy(loved the intro song). meeep ,meeep

jgreenepa, Trigger, JACarbone and 2 others like this.
  2. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Jeff.

3. brit

brit in a box

my favorite..:)..

clint64, jgreenepa, Trigger and 3 others like this.
  4. Paul Turner

Wasn't he a major contestant on Hollywood Squares?

clint64, jgreenepa, Trigger and 2 others like this.
  5. Paul Turner

I always liked the ending of that song.......but for ELO, I'll take Can't Get It Out Of My Head.

clint64, Droo78, jgreenepa and 2 others like this.
  6. brit

brit in a box

one of elo's best endings..

7. brit

brit in a box

clint64 and jgreenepa like this.
  8. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Thank you, Jeff. We sincerely appreciate the prayers.

We'll get the official word from our doc tomorrow, but my read of Kathy's latest bone marrow biopsy shows no detectable level of cancer. That was the result we were waiting to get. It is the best possible news going into remission!

Kathy walked about a quarter mile with me yesterday. That's a huge improvement from just a few days ago. (Not too many days ago, she could barely get out of bed.) She continues to get stronger and she is eating more. Our prayer now is that her heart function will fully recover.

It will be good to get back and catch up on your straight razor exploits. I think it's cool that you have PIF'd razors to folks getting started in the hobby. I find that to be a lot of fun also.

9. wristwatchb

My Bride gave me my second COVID home (away from home) haircut today. It had been three months since the last one, and the mop on my head was driving me nuts. I'm used to getting haircuts every 4 or 5 weeks...hoping to return to this schedule as we get home and things get back to normal. I'd post a photo, but I remember how @Trigger made so much fun of @jluc's home haircut. It was brutal, as I recall. I just can't take that sort of stress in my life right now. ;)

I brought 25 DE blades with me on the trip, and it looks like I'll be using the last one when we leave next Saturday. I suppose I could break out one of the 1000 Voskhods I purchased since I've been here. Or one of the 10 Tabac sticks. :happy036:

10. brit

brit in a box

clint64 and jgreenepa like this.
  11. Paul Turner

I made some BAD home haircuts until the barberettes got things back under control.

clint64, jgreenepa, Trigger and 3 others like this.
  12. Paul Turner

It sounded nice, but the ending of Cant Get It....... is a classic part of the whole song(to me).

13. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

So happy to hear of Kathy's continued improvement, Charlie!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

14. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

What a hectic day! :angry032:
    Getting both my kids prepped for back to school (virtual at home) gave me a few more gray hairs today. Isabella started crying halfway during her "virtual" teacher meet/greet sessions. Two and a half hours comprised of 6 separate Zoom video meetings with the teachers brought the anxiety level to a boiling point. She settled down fortunately. Me too...
    Later, going out wearing our masks for the back to school supply shopping seemed like a breeze. I had to create a completely new workstation area for Isabella (6th grade) for her daily virtual school and I just had to make Ethan (12th grade) clean off his desk so he has a space other than the dining room table to "go to school" starting on Monday. They are now fully supplied and set for distraction free zones to log into the school day. In between all that, I still managed to take care of everything else involved with running the household and raising two kids. I'm now stuffed from dinner and the kitchen is clean, so I am going to sit on my fanny for a bit. That's my life as a full time single parent. :sport026:

Oh, I'm only about 196 posts behind on the thread, so I will try my best to catch up with them all.

15. wristwatchb

Well, there are barbers, and then there are barberettes, Paul. :D

16. wristwatchb

Thank you, Jim!

17. brit

brit in a box

yes it is.ELO was a fine band..

18. brit

brit in a box

hang in there Andrew..:)

19. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Thursday's Shave

GEM Pushbutton
    GEM Stainless Steel PTFE (1)
    Omega 11126 Boar
    Haslinger Schafmilch Shaving Soap
    Dickinson's WItch Hazel
    Alt-Innsbruck

Before the hectic day began, I was fortunately able to have a relaxing shave this morning. The two Austrian components worked very well together.

3 passes with the GEM Pushbutton provided a BBS result with one short lived weeper and no irritation.

SOTD 08.13.2020.jpg

20. brit

brit in a box

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.