August 2020 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Primotenore, Jul 31, 2020.

?

How are you going to make AUgust your gold medal month?

1. I am going to choose only the gear that gives me my best shaves.

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. I am going to experiment with different gear to discover my gold medal shaves.

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. I am going to use any gear I want, because I can get a gold medal shave from anything.

14 vote(s)
    70.0%
  4. I am actually allergic to gold, so I am going to go for platinum medal shaves.

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  5. I am going to use Gold Medal flour and bake cookies, which have been noticeably absent recently.

7 vote(s)
    35.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Thank you, Joe!

jgreenepa, Trigger, clint64 and 3 others like this.
  2. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Thank you, Andrew! The Yaqi is one of the floppiest in my collection but I love it. Super soft tips. I ordered it on Aliexpress on sale a while back. IIRC it was 24 bucks shipped. I'm happy to have it.

To everyone else, awesome shaves pics and reports! A great big thank you for the compliments !

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

3. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

Pretty Mark! Love the replate and setup with the New LC. Gorgeous brush too.

jgreenepa, Trigger, clint64 and 3 others like this.
  4. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

I answered you with a post yesterday with the appropriate post number and even put @Paul Turner so that you would see it. You probably missed it and that's fine. The post is #308.

5. dvdhviid

dvdhviid Well-Known Member

Yesterdays shave I used my Alum Lupo. I was reminded why I love it as a touchup razor but not like it for a full shave. A ton of blade feel but feels weighless and a ton of audible feedback. For a full shave I think perhaps I overcompensate for the lack of weight or use bad technique and get a rough feeling shave.

Today first time ever used my ATT S2 (slant open comb plate). The S1 plate is very mild, and using it right after the Wunderbar made it seem less efficient than expected. (although in truth it is not inefficient. - double negative, so sue me English majors. ) .
    However the S2 gave me fantastic enjoyable shave, 3 pass BBS everywhere I wanted and no irritation, except re-skinned my Adam's Apple that I had done with the Lupo. Pretty good for a first time using.

I had previously said the only razor I would keep if I could have only one was my Rex. Now if I don't count the S1/S2 plates as two seperate razors I could say the same for the ATT S1/S2. You could change plates depending whether you wanted to focus more on mildness/comfort or efficiency, although both are efficient yet mild.
    S1 is closed and S2 is an open comb guard. If I could only have one plate I'd take the S2.

The Wunderbar was uber efficient and uber aggressive and I just found the shave experience unpleasant.
    Not so the ATT slant. I'd say the efficiency is RR Wunderbar>ATT S2> RR G37>ATT S1 and comfort is the exact inverse , but except the Wunderbar (by a large margin), all still feel pretty mild. Milder than a non slant of the same efficiency and certainly more than non slant open comb, even though the S2 is also open comb.

(G37 is a Merkur 37 slant clone)

6. FaceScraper

FaceScraper Well-Known Member

Delightful photo, Clint!

jgreenepa, jluc, Trigger and 2 others like this.
  7. FaceScraper

Great setup and photo, Pierpaolo!

jgreenepa, ischiapp, jluc and 3 others like this.
  8. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

That's wicked aahsome, Paul! :)

jgreenepa, FaceScraper, jluc and 3 others like this.
  9. FaceScraper

Super photos, and nice setup today, Joseph! I love the ivory handle on the Thater.

jgreenepa, Primotenore, jluc and 3 others like this.
  10. FaceScraper

I hope they can get the power restored long before that, Jeff. Did the tornado come close to you? I know there was one in Delaware...
    Take care!

jgreenepa, jluc, Trigger and 3 others like this.
  11. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Exceptionally marvelous shave setup, Mark! The razor and brush are beautiful!

12. FaceScraper

Thanks Joe!!

13. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Outstanding shave, setup and photo, Gary! The brush is perfect for sunny outdoor shots!

14. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Gorgeous shave and photo, Blair! Perfect alignment for the razor reflection. ;)

jgreenepa, FaceScraper, jluc and 4 others like this.
  15. FaceScraper

Wonderful setup and photo, Gary!

16. FaceScraper

Sweet setup and shave, Blair! The brush and razor are both stunners!

jgreenepa, jluc, Trigger and 3 others like this.
  17. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Excellent report, David!

jgreenepa, FaceScraper, jluc and 4 others like this.
  18. brit

brit in a box

thank you Andrew,good morning..

19. brit

brit in a box

thank you Bruce ,good morning..

jgreenepa, FaceScraper, jluc and 2 others like this.
  20. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Wonderful outdoor photo Gary

The Riga Razor is just gorgeous Blair.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.