August 2020 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Primotenore, Jul 31, 2020.

?

How are you going to make AUgust your gold medal month?

1. I am going to choose only the gear that gives me my best shaves.

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. I am going to experiment with different gear to discover my gold medal shaves.

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. I am going to use any gear I want, because I can get a gold medal shave from anything.

14 vote(s)
    70.0%
  4. I am actually allergic to gold, so I am going to go for platinum medal shaves.

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  5. I am going to use Gold Medal flour and bake cookies, which have been noticeably absent recently.

7 vote(s)
    35.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Andrew. I hope your stress level has gotten better and you have a great day as well.

jgreenepa, FaceScraper, jluc and 3 others like this.
  2. brit

brit in a box

thank you Clint..

jgreenepa, FaceScraper, jluc and 2 others like this.
  3. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Bruce. Happy Hump Day

jgreenepa, FaceScraper, jluc and 2 others like this.
  4. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Good morning to you, Gary!

5. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Thank you, Clint! It's the same, but sending positive thoughts always helps.

6. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Ah yes.....the man who has family here. :). I never did develop the dialect.

jgreenepa, FaceScraper, brit and 4 others like this.
  7. Paul Turner

It's just called "Ice Fresh" therefore the focus is on the fact that it's CHILLY. And thank you for the kind acknowledgement .

8. Paul Turner

Barbershop was my first Stoylin soap. It taught me the greatness of Stoylin. Nice barbershop scent, too.

jgreenepa, FaceScraper, brit and 5 others like this.
  9. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Awesome shave David!

jgreenepa, FaceScraper, brit and 3 others like this.
  10. Paul Turner

OK, will find it and get back. I'm embarrassed I missed my own name!

11. FaceScraper

FaceScraper Well-Known Member

Another quick post. The shave was wicked good, as they'd say in New England.
    IMG_1539.jpeg

Have a great Wednesday everyone!

12. Paul Turner

QUOTE="Paul Turner, post: 1834649, member: 16059"]OK, will find it and get back. I'm embarrassed I missed my own name![/QUOTE]
    And now my comments. I missed my name this go-round too, but it didn't allow me to see the pics...I don't know why.). Anyway, what caught my attention the most is your advice to just "tap the puck" a few times. With any puck, I've gone the "0:25" or 0:30"swirling action. The last cold soap I had was Stoylin's Wintergreen, and I don't remember tapping it for just a few seconds, before lathering. Tell you what-when I get the Glacial Electric Sheep, I'll swirl one day, then tap the next, to see what is most comfortable for me. Course I'll use just the tips of the brush while swirling. But to be fair, I'd have to know that Cryogen is colder than a Stoylin Glacial. OK, @Trigger, there ya go.

Keithmax, FaceScraper, brit and 4 others like this.
  13. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Sending positive thoughts your way. Take care, stress can have a big impact on everything.

jgreenepa, FaceScraper, brit and 3 others like this.
  14. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

When I would visit them in the summers, my cousins always told me that I talked funny having my Alabama accent. I said that they were the ones talking funny... :D

15. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Thank you, Clint. Much appreciated.
    Terrific shave and photo, Bruce! Everytime I see that razor posted, I just think: "That razor means business!"

16. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Awesome Bruce!

17. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Thank you Joe. I had better results today after a reconditioning process.

18. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

And now my comments. I missed my name this go-round too, but it didn't allow me to see the pics...I don't know why.). Anyway, what caught my attention the most is your advice to just "tap the puck" a few times. With any puck, I've gone the "0:25" or 0:30"swirling action. The last cold soap I had was Stoylin's Wintergreen, and I don't remember tapping it for just a few seconds, before lathering. Tell you what-when I get the Glacial Electric Sheep, I'll swirl one day, then tap the next, to see what is most comfortable for me. Course I'll use just the tips of the brush while swirling. But to be fair, I'd have to know that Cryogen is colder than a Stoylin Glacial. OK, @Trigger, there ya go.[/QUOTE]
    @Paul Turner Cryogen is supposed to be colder than any mentholated soap on the market. I only suggested tapping a dry brush on Cryogen to prevent it from having a Vaseline texture and using more soap than necessary. Cryogen loves water so much that I believe it absorbs it from the air because it is never bone dry even when left uncovered for 24 hrs and is the reason you can lightly tap a dry brush approx 5 x or more to load the soap. Again, swirling or tapping a wet brush in this soap is a no-no.

jgreenepa, Keithmax, clint64 and 3 others like this.
  19. brit

brit in a box

very cool Paul.i haven't tried that one yet..will keep an eye out.i really like the nivea men shower soaps..

20. brit

brit in a box

thursday sneak peek.. 20200805_102409_edited.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.