August 2020 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Primotenore, Jul 31, 2020.

?

How are you going to make AUgust your gold medal month?

1. I am going to choose only the gear that gives me my best shaves.

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. I am going to experiment with different gear to discover my gold medal shaves.

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. I am going to use any gear I want, because I can get a gold medal shave from anything.

14 vote(s)
    70.0%
  4. I am actually allergic to gold, so I am going to go for platinum medal shaves.

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  5. I am going to use Gold Medal flour and bake cookies, which have been noticeably absent recently.

7 vote(s)
    35.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Spectacular shave and photo, Clint! The face lathering is one of my favorite parts of the shave as well. Enjoy your Saturday!

2. FaceScraper

FaceScraper Well-Known Member

Thank you!
    Don't sugar coat it, Joe. It wasn't a bold move - it was a stupid one. :D
    Some time back, I did 100 consecutive shaves with this razor. However, it's been sitting in the back of the drawer way too long, and my technique got rusty. Having said that, never before have I attempted an inverted pass, and why I decided that I would today is beyond me. Again, stupidity.
    Fortunately for me, and despite the attempt at injury this morning, it turned out to belittle more than a superficial scratch. Whew.
    Needless to say, the inverted pass will be put on the back burner, and may not be attempted again. Simply stretching the skin has worked well enough in the past.
    I'm just pleased as punch that it's coming back to me so quickly, now that the Parker has come back out to play. I'm no Dave Card (and probably never will be). Just being able to attain good shaves with an open blade is good enough.

3. FaceScraper

Thank you very much, Andrew!
    It's not the first attempt at something dumb, and won't be the last. ;)

jgreenepa, Trigger, jluc and 3 others like this.
  4. brit

brit in a box

awesome shave and pic Joseph ,good afternoon..badgers took better care of themselves in the old days maybe?..:D

5. brit

brit in a box

fine saturday shave Joe,good afternoon..

6. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Joe. ;)

jgreenepa, brit, Trigger and 2 others like this.
  7. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

The drainage project is finished. I will seed the back lawn with fescue in September. That way the it can grow a little while its cool and establish some good roots before next spring.

8. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Lovely B&W shot and fun report, Bruce!
    Gorgeous picture, Clint!
    I don't have trouble getting three passes worth of lather out of my badgers either. I must be an overloader myself.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

jgreenepa, Droo78, brit and 3 others like this.
  9. FaceScraper

Wow, Clint! That Triad handle is hot! Or maybe it's the ginger on the soap label. Fuzzy would go bonkers for that soap, for the label alone.

Awesome setup, and some great thoughts on badger brushes (that one is beautiful, by the way). Your feelings on badgers mirror Jared's @PickledNorthern (I sure do miss him around here). As he told me some time back, synthetics are great, but they lack personality. Very good point. I do love synths, and they're so "reliable". Badgers each have their own personality, and each one performs like no other. Two identical knots, set ever so slightly different, will become two distinctly different brushes.

10. FaceScraper

That's great. I'm sure you're happy to have that headache behind you. Now it's just a matter of getting the lawn back to normal again. And painting, and....

jgreenepa, clint64, Trigger and 2 others like this.
  11. FaceScraper

Thank you, Jim!

12. brit

brit in a box

saturday shave
    french rfb/tech handle
    platinum
    ds cosmetics tuxedo
    handsome grouse
    proraso [​IMG]
    good afternoon gents..an "Awesome August Gold Standard" shave today,bbs in 2+ fabulous passes.tuxedo brush,handsome grouse wild mint soap,brit/french new rfb,platinum blade,proraso green..cool,crisp,refreshing,simple..if i were a minimalist this would tick all the boxes..have a fantastic weekend everyone..:eatdrink047:

13. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

Great report Bruce, glad the little mishap was nothing special. Nice black and white image too!

Awesome image and report Clint! I'll try super soap stuffing my 'lather hog' badger one more time....:D

jgreenepa, clint64, Trigger and 3 others like this.
  14. brit

brit in a box

awesome shave and pic Jeff,good afternoon..

15. FaceScraper

Most excellent setup and photo, Gary! I hope you have an awesome weekend!

jgreenepa, clint64, brit and 2 others like this.
  16. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

Rare weekend off. No shave day. Adult beverages and smoking brisket in the works...
    View attachment 231573
    View attachment 231572

And....just have to show off the best Father’s Day gift ever. Wifey and the girls, 3 weeks of trips to the home improvement stores and work. Complete surprise. Mounted directly above our BGE.

View attachment 231574

17. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

I just try to keep it real Bruce!

18. FaceScraper

Thank you, Blair! :)

19. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Thank you Gary and you also!

20. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Jim. Being an soap overloader helps use up the inventory faster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jgreenepa, Droo78, brit and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.