Austin City Limits

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Infotech, Jun 23, 2009.

1. Infotech

Infotech Active Member

Since there are quite a few of you around here from Austin, I thought I'd ask what your opinion is of the new "studio" being built for the show Austin City Limits. Personally, I don't like it. It sounds like they are turning it into another high priced stadium like venue to generate as much revenue as possible.

It's one of my favorite shows on TV and I'm hoping it'll stay that way. It's amazing how the show seems to bring out the best in any band that makes an appearance. I can't count the times I've heard a group on ACL for the first time I really liked, only to find the bands recordings or other live performances mediocre. I always figured that playing at such a special place inspired them. Of course, that could just be my romantic notion... and the technology they're building into this new studio could make it even better.

2. Adeptus_Minor

Adeptus_Minor Active Member

It's probably the 'intimacy' of the old venue.
    In my years in Austin I've never made it to an ACL session, so maybe I'm the wrong one to answer.:o

3. Infotech

Infotech Active Member

I guess there aren't as many people from Austin around here anymore...

4. 1969Fatboy

1969Fatboy New Member

There are more members in Austin than any other city I believe.....try b&b? The only thing I know about Austin City Limits is Jimmy buffett performed once and I believe was drunk as hell....or at least he sounded that way. Terrible recording and interview......maybe he was stoned? who knows.....