Barbasol Brotherhood

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by Bama Samurai, Jul 3, 2016.

1. ilts

ilts Well-Known Member

Wow Your Only About An Hour From Me , I'm In Roscoe!

2. Ijustmissedthe50s

Ijustmissedthe50s The Warnee

Hey...cool. Barbasol is in everything around here, as it should be, from Family Dollar store to gas stations, but the only "flavor" other than original and aloe was one can if Arctic Chill I ran across at a Kinney's in Cortland. I found the Pacific Rush aftershave balm for a buck at a Binghamton Big Lots. We should fly Barbasol flags outside to see if we ever pass by each other lol. I was at Turning Stone a couple of weeks ago.

Bama Samurai likes this.
  3. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Indeed it is!!

4. Hoss304

Hoss304 Well-Known Member

Great thread ! When I see the SHAVE LIKE YOUR GRANDPA slogan I know he used a DE , Barbasol and Old Spice AS & cologne . Life long Barbasol user here too. I've been trying the artisan soaps , brushes etc . But I still go back to Barbasol often and I use it every time for head shaves .

Last edited: Jun 8, 2017
  5. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

Yep, mine too. Well my dad said that he used a DE razor and the cheapest can of foam and blades that my grandma could find. And no aftershave. Grandma said that he didn't like that "foo foo" stuff. My great grandpa used a Gillette Black Beauty with a long handle and Barbasol. No aftershave for him either. It must be something with that generation. I mean I don't know how guys born in 1903 feel about scents.

6. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I can remember my late paternal Grandpa using a brush and just regular bath soap and a Valet Autostrop. When we moved here to Canada he switched to Barbasol briefly but then he went back to using his brush, and he would use Williams. He loved using Old Spice aftershave. Before my Dad developed Alzheimer's, and even at the earlier stages of it he'd shave like me - brush, soap or cream, and a DE. However since his progression became so severe, he's had to switch to an electric because of safety.

7. ilts

ilts Well-Known Member

Sunday's Contribution To The Brotherhood DSCF1381.JPG

8. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

One thing that bothers me about "the other Barbasols"(besides the red original)....those weren't "Made in 1919"(as the label indicates). I'm open to be corrected, if need be.

9. Hoss304

I use the Sensitive or Aloe . Can't really tell much difference in the two. I can't find the other ones besides Original in my area .

Sent from my LG-K371 using Tapatalk

jmarlow, ilts, AGHisBBS and 3 others like this.
  10. Ijustmissedthe50s

Ijustmissedthe50s The Warnee

Hmmmm...we do know, they had noses...lol.

Bama Samurai likes this.
  11. Hoss304

Quick shave before work . [​IMG]

Sent from my LG-K371 using Tapatalk

Bama Samurai, ilts and AGHisBBS like this.
  12. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

The sensitive formula is great!

Ijustmissedthe50s and Hoss304 like this.
  13. Hoss304

I'm weird I guess lol . I can't stand having hair "under my ears" area best I can describe it . I do about 3 blade swipes on both sides every day or every other day . Not worth soaping up for . Barbasol does the trick . The face wash is good stuff too . I've only found it once and I bought all they had (2) .

14. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

I've used Barbasol for DE, Straights and everything in between. Good stuff.

Ijustmissedthe50s and ilts like this.
  15. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

glad to see the "100th Anniversary" sign on AV Musk.

16. ilts

ilts Well-Known Member

My Father's Day Contribution To The Brotherhood DSCF1408.JPG

17. Hoss304

I wish I could find Pacific Rush ! It's the unicorn in my area .

Bama Samurai likes this.
  18. ilts

ilts Well-Known Member

The problem here is I can't remember where I got mine From! LOL

19. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

It's been at least 5 years since I used it, but the local Dollar General stores seemed to carry it.

Bama Samurai likes this.
  20. ilts

ilts Well-Known Member

Thanks I'll have to check My local Dollar General!

Bama Samurai and PanChango like this.