Barbasol Brotherhood

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by Bama Samurai, Jul 3, 2016.

1. ordinaryshaver

ordinaryshaver Well-Known Member

I should use the cream in the morning, but this sample is calling my name. Can I still be in the brother hood if I use the aftershave?
    KIMG0104.JPG

brit and ilts like this.
  2. ilts

ilts Well-Known Member

Saturday's Barbasol Shave 12/15/18 DSCF3165.JPG

3. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

Going to be honest, if someone put a gun to my head and said I had to use a canned cream, Barbasol would be my go to. However, I would have to be in dire straights to go down this route. Any other canned cream I'd look you right in the eye and tell you to pull the trigger.

BamaT, ilts, brit and 1 other person like this.
  4. EzraCobb

EzraCobb Well-Known Member

DANG IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish I got a bunch if these artic chills - this one as only been used 4 times - I will go slowy , also hid from wife and daughters - they like to use my barbosols when they are out of there lady gel stuff, one day I saw a COllector edition of Jurassic park pacific rush with a Trex floating in the un drained tub - the HORROR! I told them to use the Asure Dollar Store Can under the sink when they are out! haha - the dollar store Assure blue can is pretty good - one buck and very similar to barbosol - but its not rare like my artic chill... the Fairhaven Mass - had a TON of the Chill last summer and I should have got a bunch.... wonder if Yello or Purple is gone? that will piss me off - Purple and Yellow are my faves

Bird Lives and ilts like this.
  5. EzraCobb

SWEET !!!!!!!!!!!! love that new look! Also they added Caffeine - really cool! Artic chill is gone but that is a good replacement - gonna hit wal mart and find one+

AGHisBBS and ilts like this.
  6. EzraCobb

QUESTION - Can anyone confirm that Barbosol Yellow skin conditioning is still being made? It is not on there website and I think its not made.. I can see the amazon price is way expensive ( I never get this stuff online), and it is not really available. I did see Wallgreens online selling it and it says NOT in stores - it is 2:19 a can but - free shipping is achieved at 30 dollars.. If there is anybody here that loves the Yellow Can, you should go to Walgreens online and get 30 dollars worth and have it shipped for free - last u LONG time.... I think it is history - it was always hard to find - but the website had it as part of there line up. No more? I could be wrong - but I think its gone

Bird Lives, brit and ilts like this.
  7. Ursa

Ursa Well-Known Member

I think it's safe to say that Yellow is gone. This is my favorite time of the year to use it, as the aroma reminds me of egg nog.

Note that on Walgreens.com, you can have your online order shipped to your local Walgreens at no cost and there's no minimum order. That's what I did for my stash of Yellow and other online-only toiletries. Works like a charm!

ilts and brit like this.
  8. ilts

ilts Well-Known Member

Tuesday's Barbasol Shave 12/18/18 DSCF3174.JPG

brit and AGHisBBS like this.
  9. ilts

ilts Well-Known Member

Saturday's Barbasol Shave 12/29/18 DSCF3209.JPG

AGHisBBS, Paul Turner and brit like this.
  10. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

If you get it for 'in store" pick-up....the shipping is free, no matter how little stuff you order...

And their in store delivery is veddy fast!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

11. chevyguy

chevyguy Well-Known Member

The purple can (extra moisturizing) took it's place. I think it's better and it does have lanolin in it.

Clayton

Sent from my LG-K450 using Tapatalk

AGHisBBS and ilts like this.
  12. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Are they going to redesign all cans the same way as the original now, as after all, we're at the century mark?

Bird Lives, AGHisBBS and brit like this.
  13. chevyguy

That's a good question.

Clayton

AGHisBBS, brit, ilts and 1 other person like this.
  14. Bird Lives

I used just the regular Bb Barbasol Original tonight...and it always amazes me how great it leaves my face feeling....

With all the changes and reformulations taking place today with so many of our brands...It's great to see Barbasol still delivering the goods!! Bravo!!

AGHisBBS, brit, Ursa and 2 others like this.
  15. Ursa

Ursa Well-Known Member

I agree 100%. Barbasol Red just works, all the time, every time.

I bet most guys who don't like Barbasol apply it to dry or slightly damp skin. You gotta use lots of water for Barbasol to be at its best.

AGHisBBS, brit and Paul Turner like this.
  16. chevyguy

And that's why I use it with a brush. It's easier to add water.

Clayton

Ursa and brit like this.
  17. Laird

Laird Well-Known Member

I received a can of "Soothing Aloe" for Christmas and used it twice before the end of 2018. I've decided to use it exclusively for January 2019 as part of a 50's themed focus. I haven't used canned creams/foams/gels since March of 2013 when I switched from Sensor carts to a Muhle R89 and C.O. Bigelow (Proraso) shaving cream tubes. Since then I've also used P-Red and P-White, Cella brick, Nivea tube, Tabac (personal favorite), and a sampling of others. I had avoided the use of canned shave products because I had bought in to all the negative posts on the various forums about how terrible they were in both performance and post shave qualities. Well.... after those last two shaves with Barbasol SA, I'd have to say that in my opinion there's not a damn thing wrong with that product. Out of the can it was superb and the slickness was more than adequate for the shave, with post-shave results as good as the glycerine based soaps/creams. I'll give a slight edge to the tallow soaps like Cella and Tabac for their slickness and post-shave feel. But I won't be lying awake at night with concerns over the dreaded "canned goo" and it's deadly constituents. If I could build a lather with any of my afore-mentioned products that had the consistancy of that beautiful cream that came from the can of Barbasol I'd consider it an accomplishment. Count me in as a convert and member of the Brotherhood.

Bird Lives, AGHisBBS, ilts and 3 others like this.
  18. Laird

Laird Well-Known Member

I should add that the first time I used it I applied it (face lathered) with a dampened Plisson synth and the second time I just used it straight from the can to a lightly moistened face (which I preferred, albeit just slightly). It's awesome stuff.

AGHisBBS, ilts, Ursa and 1 other person like this.
  19. Bird Lives

What razor/s will you be using for your 50's themed shaves?

20. Laird

Laird Well-Known Member