Barbasol Brotherhood

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by Bama Samurai, Jul 3, 2016.

1. Ursa

Ursa Well-Known Member

Same here.

Dispensing it from an upright can directly onto a brush for application versus applying it by hand also lessens the amount you need to use, and dramatically reduces wasted product going down the drain. Using brush application, I think I managed to get 8 months of shaves out of one can of Cool Menthol...

gorgo2, chevyguy, ilts and 1 other person like this.
  2. brit

brit in a box

my use of barbasol ended when i started using a brush and williams around 06.will have to try loading a damp brush .i do bowl lather so will see what happens, have the soothing aloe,found this and the original locally at a pharmasave ..will post the shave and results..

gorgo2, Ijustmissedthe50s and ilts like this.
  3. Hoss304

Hoss304 Well-Known Member

First shave of 2019! Finally found the anniversary cans. I love a good Barbasol shave . Cheers ! [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

4. chevyguy

chevyguy Well-Known Member

It really is hard to beat a Barbasol, Aqua Velva shave. Two excellent classic shaving products.

Clayton

Sent from my LG-K450 using Tapatalk

5. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I use that combo a lot in the summer.

brit, Ursa, AGHisBBS and 1 other person like this.
  6. ilts

ilts Well-Known Member

Saturday's Barbasol Shave 01/05/19 DSCF3231.JPG

brit, Ursa, AGHisBBS and 2 others like this.
  7. Rob206

Rob206 Well-Known Member

I've used barbasol with cartridge razors as long as I've been shaving. As I wait for my wet shave materials to be delivered I went and bought a tube of creamo sandalwood to try. I thought it was horrible. Very uncomfortable afterwards. Looking forward to my first shave with brush and soap.
    For the price barbasol is excellent

brit, Ursa and ilts like this.
  8. CrustyCat

CrustyCat Well-Known Member

I've tried creamo, don't like it.

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

brit, ilts and Ursa like this.
  9. CrustyCat

Went to the pharmacy to pick up the wife's prescription, saw the new anniversary can for Barbasol. Didn't need it, but bought it anyway.

10. CrustyCat

After my last reply I just made, I was musing about Barbasol. There are a lot of people that poopoo canned shaving cream, and to be quite honest, I really really like Barbasol. Recently I started shaving just about every day to try and look my best and feel my best when I go to work and to provide a good example for the kids that work for me in one of our production areas. Doesn't really work on them, at least not yet, I think I'm feeling a tangent...anyway. For a quick cleanup shave out of the shower, a small amount of Barbasol goes a long way. I usually perform just one pass to keep everything cleaned up and off I go. I don't try to get a BBS shave, it is work after all. If the wife and I are going out, I'll use my brush and TOBS Sandlewood, but for work? Nah.

Ursa, AGHisBBS, wristwatchb and 2 others like this.
  11. Chuck Naill

Chuck Naill Well-Known Member

How about a Barbasol razor? I've had three of these Conrad made Barbasol Floating Head closed comb razors.

Attached Files:

Ursa, AGHisBBS, brit and 1 other person like this.
  12. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Love mine. Cold dead hands.

Ursa, AGHisBBS, ilts and 1 other person like this.
  13. ilts

ilts Well-Known Member

Sunday's Barbasol Shave 01/20/19
    DSCF3286.JPG

AGHisBBS, brit, Ursa and 1 other person like this.
  14. Chuck Naill

Ursa and ilts like this.
  15. ilts

ilts Well-Known Member

Me Too!!:happy088:

Ursa and Chuck Naill like this.
  16. chevyguy

Try applying the Barbasol with your brush. It will keep your hands clean and make applying the lather easier.

Clayton

17. chevyguy

I didn't need it either but it looks so cool.

Clayton[​IMG]

18. Chuck Naill

I saw that at my grocery also. I love the retro look.

Ijustmissedthe50s, Ursa and ilts like this.
  19. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

100th commemorative cans are at Big Lots for $1.48. I've seen them cheaper elsewhere but when stuff like this (limited run) shows up at BL it's probably not long for this world. When it's empty I'm thinking about cutting the top off and turning mine into a toothbrush holder for the bathroom sink.

AGHisBBS, brit and ilts like this.
  20. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Yep.

ilts likes this.