Barbasol Brotherhood

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by Bama Samurai, Jul 3, 2016.

1. ilts

ilts Well-Known Member

Sunday's Barbasol Shave 03/03/19 DSCF3422.JPG

Hembree, brit, AGHisBBS and 4 others like this.
  2. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I should be ready for my Century can in a couple months. CVS still has the "old" ones("Est. 1919"). I would hope that when those run out, the new babies come in. Same with the supermarket. Course I already have mine.

3. ilts

ilts Well-Known Member

:)

Hembree likes this.
  4. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

$1.65 at Dollar General now.

5. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Finally bought a can of the Dollar Tree cream (red can). Didn't shave today and won't until morning but squirted some into my hand; it was surprisingly rich, not airy or watery. Very similar to B'sol. Will know more in the morning.

Also, this cream's red plastic top fits the 100 anniversary can and makes it look even snazzier.

6. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Shave at work:

Trac II
    Barbasol red stripe

2 pass DFS

a/s: Lectric Shave

7. Ursa

Ursa Well-Known Member

If it's the same Personal Care cream sold at Walgreens, you may be very pleasantly surprised. It's thicker and richer than Barbasol, and there's a certain mild astringency about this cream that really makes whiskers stand up. I've already had 4 superb shaves with this cream.

The astringency does leave the skin feeling slightly dry after a shave; nothing Barbasol Brisk AS can't address in a jiffy.

8. ordinaryshaver

ordinaryshaver Well-Known Member

Used the Pacific rush this morning!
    Not sure about the caffeine part, however the Menthol was great, and for me, it seemed to last for about 30 seconds or so, even after I rinsed.
    I have the red stripe, and the green stripe, but I think I'll keep using the Pacific Rush for the foreseeable future.
    Now if I could only find some of the aftershave for a decent price. But that's probably not going to happen.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
    ilts, Hembree, AGHisBBS and 3 others like this.
  9. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

I know....but Skin Bracer is veddy close!

Yeah...that Pacific Rush is good isn't it...I can't seem to find anything I don't like about it.....no matter how hard I try...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

ilts, Hembree, AGHisBBS and 3 others like this.
  10. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Tried it this morning. It came out about as thick and full of body as Barbasol but when applied to the face, it thinned out rather quickly to the point where the shave was not as comfortable. Not quite as dry or airy as I find Foamy to be, but either would be usable in a pinch if I couldn't find the B.

Ursa, ilts, AGHisBBS and 3 others like this.
  11. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

I haven't tried regular Foamy since the '70's...
    I recently tried the Menthol and it was too chemical for me...It felt like it was going to burn...So I wrote off Foamy...but someone said the Barbershop Fresh was pretty good.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

12. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I don't like to be cynical but most of the reviews on the Gillette page for their foams sound fake.

Ursa, brit, ilts and 2 others like this.
  13. ordinaryshaver

Pacific Rush shave again this morning!
    A shark blade in I believe it's 6th shave, while not quite as sharp, still did great. It was extremely smooth as well. IMG_20190308_091832_781.jpg

CarlfromMO, Ursa, brit and 3 others like this.
  14. ilts

ilts Well-Known Member

Saturday's Barbasol Shave 03/09/19 DSCF3442.JPG

AGHisBBS, brit, Ursa and 1 other person like this.
  15. Ursa

Ursa Well-Known Member

I always brush-apply aerosol creams...the thing with Personal Care and Foamy is to apply a thin layer first with a shaken-out wet brush, then paint on a thicker layer once the first layer sets up.

ilts and gorgo2 like this.
  16. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

20190310_103526.jpg

Were I an unscrupulous seller, I could try to locate of case of these before they disappear, spend a dollar each for red cans at Dollar Tree, wait six months and sell them capped for $20 as special limited edition collectible commemorative cans.

Paul Turner, AGHisBBS, ilts and 3 others like this.
  17. ilts

ilts Well-Known Member

Saturday's Barbasol Shave 03/16/19 DSCF3462.JPG

CrustyCat, brit, Ursa and 1 other person like this.
  18. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Update-I decided I couldn't wait. :).

AGHisBBS, ilts and Ursa like this.
  19. ordinaryshaver

Used the Pacific Rush again this morning.
    It's great when I have to be up early on Saturday for work. I find that if I let it linger on the face for about 30 seconds, the menthol gets much better.
    I may tray applying a thin layer of water to the face first and see if that helps.

AGHisBBS and ilts like this.
  20. ilts

ilts Well-Known Member

Sunday's Barbasol Shave 03/17/19

DSCF3467.JPG

CrustyCat, AGHisBBS, brit and 2 others like this.